• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Pickem Discussion Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the end of the UNC/Wake game??

Holy shit it was like watching my nightmare all over again, except this time Mack got the raw end of the deal.

Held up the finger for 1 extra second again, but didn’t get it this time.

Yeah, I had the flashback.

He's on tobacco road now. He doesn't have the benefit of the Big 12 offices up the road anymore.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had the flashback.

He's on tobacco road now. He doesn't have the benefit of the Big 12 offices up the road anymore.

I swear he made the same facial expression and everything.

Fucking surreal to wartch.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took KU three weeks to wake up.

They lost to the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-12) last week, and beat the FCS Indiana St. Sycamores (24-17) the week before.

Cross your fingers the Husker offense finally learns some swagger tomorrow night. After two weeks of getting stuffed, they need some confidence.
If someone can break 100 yards tonight it would sure help boost the confidence of those youngsters in the middle. (I think the tackles are a lost cause.) I believe I heard that it has been, like, 48 games since NIU has surrendered 100 yards to a rusher.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone can break 100 yards tonight it would sure help boost the confidence of those youngsters in the middle. (I think the tackles are a lost cause.) I believe I heard that it has been, like, 48 games since NIU has surrendered 100 yards to a rusher.

Yea I look for more of the same tonight in terms of struggling to run between the tackles. Don’t think that’s gonna heal itself anytime soon.

I’d like to see us continue to try and get Mo out on the edge as much as possible. Also we might as well throw the ball at JD like 15 times. Guy is too electric of a playmaker. He NEEDS to have be ball in his hands in open space.

Honestly we need to come out swinging like last week and not let off the gas. These kids haven’t experienced any success yet, they need to know what it feels like to just hammer a team. We just aren’t good enough yet to let off the gas and start working on the ground game like we did last week.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I look for more of the same tonight in terms of struggling to run between the tackles. Don’t think that’s gonna heal itself anytime soon.

I’d like to see us continue to try and get Mo out on the edge as much as possible. Also we might as well throw the ball at JD like 15 times. Guy is too electric of a playmaker. He NEEDS to have be ball in his hands in open space.

Honestly we need to come out swinging like last week and not let off the gas. These kids haven’t experienced any success yet, they need to know what it feels like to just hammer a team. We just aren’t good enough yet to let off the gas and start working on the ground game like we did last week.
It'll be a struggle until those young ones in the middle grow a little hair on their chest.
Personally, I think the future is bright for the guys up front. The present, however, not so much.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a struggle until those young ones in the middle grow a little hair on their chest.
Personally, I think the future is bright for the guys up front. The present, however, not so much.

I’m very excited for the future.

I heard fans calling in on 1620 the other day asking when Frost will officially be on the hot seat.

I wanted to bang my head on the steering wheel and drive off a cliff.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very excited for the future.

I heard fans calling in on 1620 the other day asking when Frost will officially be on the hot seat.

I wanted to bang my head on the steering wheel and drive off a cliff.
Nebraska may have some of the dumbest "fans" in all of sports.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious the coaching staff spent the first two weeks working on the run, whether that be between the tackles or on sweeps. It was kind of hard headed.

Like @jedburks said AM is only "(1-4) passing beyond 20 yds". That one completion was busted coverage and AM had all day to finally see JD running loose. That tells me that long ball was not an intended play call.

So in two games they've only intended to throw the ball beyond 20 yds four times.

Twice per game?

Shit, you couldn't watch a fall camp video without seeing them throwing long balls all over Hawks Center. The coaching staff (to a fault) simply thought they could eke by the first two OOC games running the ball and it cost them a 17 point lead in Boulder. 7 of those points were a gift on busted coverage.

Once CU got back in it, these players were not ready for the adversity of a struggle. I also think it fucked with AM's confidence as there is a lot of traffic withing the first 5-10 yds from the LOS. There is little room for error in there.

They'd better put N. Illinois away (with the entire playbook) before they get back to a 'practice' mindset.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. I've started out 0-5.

Upsets abound..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado doing it again. Down 23-10 in the 4th and forced OT

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado doing it again. Down 23-10 in the 4th and forced OT

One dimensional AF had 284 yds rushing on Colorado in their win.

Huskers are in big trouble.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One dimensional AF had 284 yds rushing on Colorado in their win.

Huskers are in big trouble.

We won’t be running between the tackles any time soon. That much is for certain. Soft as fluff up front.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t be running successfully between the tackles any time soon. That much is for certain. Soft as fluff up front.

FIFY

I bet they try to work on it again today.

They'll get off it when they start getting desperate to make a bowl.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha ha ha

I am about to be 1-5. Fricking real life.......

Good news, Illinois might be a win next week.

I took Ball St

Looking like 0-6 start for me. :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

I bet they try to work on it again today.

They'll get off it when they start getting desperate to make a bowl.

Yea I’ll be an unhappy camper if we try to work on it again today. I’m not saying I could be a coach, but I can see where we’re weak right now and any good coach would go away from their weaknesses.

I know Frost is one smart cookie, but how stubborn is he? That’s what we’re gonna find out. Bo’s biggest downfall was his stubbornness.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting a different approach tonight. I’m expecting to see a lot of JD and a lot of Mo tonight. I’m expecting that Frost wants to come out and make a statement tonight. Time to light up the scoreboard a little and quit being stupid.

I’m confident enough in this that I’m playing all 3 (Spielman, Washington, and Martinez) in my FanDuel lineup tonight.