• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys.

Something to look forward to

tenor.gif

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree @seahawksfan234 . I'm kinda torn on this. While I realize that 19-20 mil per with prob 50+ guaranteed is a steep price to pay, I really want to see Wagner in a Seahawk jersey for the rest of his career. I absolutely love the guy but I know it's a business too and a lot of things will have to be considered.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out. The Seahawks have the cap space to sign him, and with the new CBA coming up, cap space will likely continue to grow. On the other hand, despite Wagner being the best ILB in the NFL, you have to wonder if a middle linebacker is worth that much money.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we're going to make an offer to Nick Perry...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remembering a controversial Seahawks win that sparked an NFL rule change

Honestly, I don't remember this game at all. :scratch:

Good read, my favorite part has to be this section ...

Even with all the empty seats and miserable weather, you could hear how loud the crowd sounded when Seattle took the lead, which is astonishing considering the Seahawks apparently didn’t have any fans until 2012. Must have been pumped in audio from the future.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best video of the Largent hit I've ever seen.

Hey is it Aug yet??

GO HAWKS!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I don't remember this game at all. :scratch:

Good read, my favorite part has to be this section ...

Even with all the empty seats and miserable weather, you could hear how loud the crowd sounded when Seattle took the lead, which is astonishing considering the Seahawks apparently didn’t have any fans until 2012. Must have been pumped in audio from the future.
I remember that game. I though they'd blow it for sure!

Before I opened the line I thought it was going to be Vinnie Testaverde's helmet being mistaken for a football........

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that game. I though they'd blow it for sure!

Before I opened the line I thought it was going to be Vinnie Testaverde's helmet being mistaken for a football........

Same here, which is why I was so surprised when it wasn't and then thought others might enjoy it. But man that game rings no bells at all, glad they won though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Wagner signing is fine... but I can't give it anywhere near an A grade despite the fact Wags is the best ILB in the NFL. He'll be 30 next offseason, the contract will be for $40M guaranteed (meaning we're stuck with him for at least 2 of the 3 years) and he'll probably do the hold out bullshit in year 3 if not another extension since he'll be 31 and pushing for a final bid.

I treat this as a 2 year signing pending the structure (or he just retires). Still, Wags is the best ILB in the NFL and Seattle will not be competitive without him (at least on D).

B- grade. *gives middle finger to the New York Jets FO*

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Wagner signing is fine... but I can't give it anywhere near an A grade despite the fact Wags is the best ILB in the NFL. He'll be 30 next offseason, the contract will be for $40M guaranteed (meaning we're stuck with him for at least 2 of the 3 years) and he'll probably do the hold out bullshit in year 3 if not another extension since he'll be 31 and pushing for a final bid.

I treat this as a 2 year signing pending the structure (or he just retires). Still, Wags is the best ILB in the NFL and Seattle will not be competitive without him (at least on D).

A+......guy is class all around. Hes got a good 3 years left as best linebacker in league and already shown he is not the type to hold out. He grades out so high in every game , we would be fucked with out him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd give it a B+ and it's fair for both sides. Wagner gets his money, and assuming he doesn't suffer some awful injury he'll be paid his value until age and wear and tear takes its toll on his body.

I think the more compelling argument against it is if an ILB - albeit the game's best and very well could go down as one of the best in history - is worth $18m of cap space per year. Despite his excellence against both the run and the pass, it's hard to argue that the game's best middle linebacker impacts the game as much as an elite pass rusher in today's NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO has put together a great off-season -- extending the 2 best players on the team (both future HOFers in my view), excellent draft, signing Iupati & Ansah, trading Clark for a near king's ransom. The Reed suspension and Baldwin retirement will hurt, but JS & crew have nailed everything that was within their power.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get my season tickets, and there's no tickets. Just plastic cards like the badge you need to get into the office. WTF?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get my season tickets, and there's no tickets. Just plastic cards like the badge you need to get into the office. WTF?

I don't know how it works out with the Seahawks, but you can probably request them to send you physical copies of the tickets. I've been a season ticket holder for a long time with the Huskies, and they just send the tickets to you electronically to scan on your phone but a friend of mine requested physical copies of his tickets so I'd assume the Seahawks could probably do something similar for you if you like having the physical copies.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny looks fat :( great do we have another RB that can't control his weight?