• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an interesting stat on him at one point during the game.

On passes where he had the ball for more than, I believe, 2.5 seconds, he was something like 2 for 12. But on passes where he had the ball for less than 2.5 seconds, he was something like 11 for 13.

Maybe he works best when he doesn't have time to screw the play up by thinking? lol
Is something to be said for the quick pass being more effective, but not sure the plan is for him to take longer with his throw.

Possible it's not that because he takes too long he doesn't get a good throw, but because guys are covered he takes too long? Or guys get on him too fast so he is forced to roll out?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That jackass Art Modell fired Paul Brown.

The Cuyahoga River caught on fire.

The Indians were so bad for so long they made a movie (Major League).

Former Cavs owner Ted Stepien fired Chuck Daly

That dumbass Jimmy Haslam kept Hue Jackson around after going 0-16.

You can fuck off. :heh:

To be fair, it was a really good movie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is something to be said for the quick pass being more effective, but not sure the plan is for him to take longer with his throw.

Possible it's not that because he takes too long he doesn't get a good throw, but because guys are covered he takes too long? Or guys get on him too fast so he is forced to roll out?

Baker looked bad last night.

Cleveland has played some good teams. But neither team looked great last night. A good team wins that game at home against the Rams who gave about a C- performance.

The Browns are not a good team. Yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland has played some good teams. But neither team looked great last night. A good team wins that game at home against the Rams who gave about a C- performance.

No disagreement. I gave them no chance to win that game after hearing the inactives. I've heard of next man up but "next secondary up"?

And surprisingly the D played well enough to win.

And, yeah, Baker did look bad but some of this has to be scheme/coaching. None of the creativity we saw last year has been used. 4 passes from the 4 when the other team knows you are passing (with no RB in backfield other than 2nd down)?

Possible Monken not a good fit with Freddie? Possible Wylie was right about Zampese?

And I'm convinced Freddie thought it as 3rd down when he ran the draw on 4th and 9. Not good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there are a lot of reasons for why he would have the ball longer on some plays. At least part could be that it was the play call. Deep routes take longer to develop. Just thought it was interesting stat.

One thing I saw was that I think they should move him more (similar to how the Seahawks use Wilson). He seems like he's at his best when he throws on the move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bad news- the Browns lost

good news- THIS guy won $600 in his fantasy baseball league!!! 2nd year in a row.

my pitching was unreal- Tanaka, Strasbourg, Flaherty, Foltynwicz all had great games--- and i also picked up Carrasco and Chad Green who had nice relief appearances--- Carlos Martinez had 3 saves during the week.

pretty great.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say so.

When I saw the inactives I didn't think Browns had a shot. Defense stepped up which made it more frustrating to lose a game they had a real shot to win.

Baker another off game, but I'd lay more blame on the coach for that one. Not only no runs with a first and goal from the 4, but on 3 of 4 plays didn't even have a RB in the backfield. No play action? Misdirection? WR in motion with a fake to one of them?

Glad your team did what most thought they would.....win next week and this loss will be forgotten.
is Garret the best defensive player in the AFC?

probably right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad news- the Browns lost

good news- THIS guy won $600 in his fantasy baseball league!!! 2nd year in a row.

my pitching was unreal- Tanaka, Strasbourg, Flaherty, Foltynwicz all had great games--- and i also picked up Carrasco and Chad Green who had nice relief appearances--- Carlos Martinez had 3 saves during the week.

pretty great.

Beer and wings on Wiggy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement. I gave them no chance to win that game after hearing the inactives. I've heard of next man up but "next secondary up"?

And surprisingly the D played well enough to win.

And, yeah, Baker did look bad but some of this has to be scheme/coaching. None of the creativity we saw last year has been used. 4 passes from the 4 when the other team knows you are passing (with no RB in backfield other than 2nd down)?

Possible Monken not a good fit with Freddie? Possible Wylie was right about Zampese?

And I'm convinced Freddie thought it as 3rd down when he ran the draw on 4th and 9. Not good.

Definitely on the coaching staff too.

The only offensive player who really played well last night was Chubb.

Beckham never really got a chance to impact the game, so can’t say he played poorly. But he might as well have been 72 year old Larry Fitzgerald the way he was used last night.

And I agree the defense played well. First half especially.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, that performance last night, the beating they took from the Titans. even in their win over the Jest they looked shaky in spots...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely on the coaching staff too.

The only offensive player who really played well last night was Chubb.

B.

Even more reason to wonder how he never got the ball even once on that last sequence. The way they played it you'd have thought we had 30 seconds and no TOs as opposed to more than a minute and 3 TOs.

At least put a RB in the backfield or a WR in motion so the threat of the run is there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, that performance last night, the beating they took from the Titans. even in their win over the Jest they looked shaky in spots...
To be fair, they played Tennessee very close for 3 quarters and gave up, and beat Jets by more on road than NE did at home.

But they have some issues, no doubt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh, actual NBA news:

Grizzlies, Andre Iguodala reach understanding ahead of training camp - The Daily Memphian

Problem with this is, Iggy makes $17m a year. No contender is going to give up actual assets in order to get him, especially as he might only play for one more year.

Well,

He is only under contract for 1 more year anyway.

But like you said, he is not returning a real asset.

Best case for the Griz would be taking back a bad expiring contract and getting a late first rounder.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My FF team has been hit hard by the injury bug....