• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Maybe you should go back through the forum and find Hurricane's thread about it. Heck, he even wished injury on PG because of it.

His trade demands started during the season and he still had a full year left on his contract when the Thunder traded for him on July 1st 2017.

Do you think he and Westbrook never had a conversation? Maybe even before the Thunder decided to make the trade? Maybe part of the reason that the Thunder made the trade was because Westbrook was able to tell them that PG would give re-signing strong consideration?

It happened because players are allowed to talk to each other and make plans. That's allowed because there is no way to actually prevent it.

There is no doubt that Lebron and Klutch talking/recruiting AD happened (it happens all of the time, including when Stern was the Commissioner) and it would have been major tampering if anyone from the Lakers FO was able to be linked to it. It would have meant a huge fine, not being allowed to trade for AD and probably the loss of some draft picks. But since it was a player and his agent, nothing can be done.

Hell, according to reports, Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh made their plans to get together in Miami while they were on the Olympic team together. That was at least a year before it actually happened and while all 3 were under contract with other teams.

According to reports, KD and Kawhi have talked about playing together in the future. Does that mean they sign with the same team this year so they can play together after AD is healthy?

Does it mean that they both sign 1+1's or 2+1's and go to the same team a year or 2 from now?

End of the day, this kind of thing has pretty much always happened. We just know a lot more about it because of social media and 24 hour news cycles.
Assuming deals like the one with Kyrie and Walker are in fact done deals I have to say we did find out about them as being finished ealier than in the past......clearly, tempering is not allowed and the NBA looks the other way.

Not saying this is a bad thing or suggesting a team out there needs to be charged with tampering.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 IF Kd accepts the Warriors deal, doesn't it basically means the end of Draymond next year when he is a FA?

I personally don’t think KD planned on playing another year with Green anyway, one way or another.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all of his skills.

His defensive skills have certainly diminished.

His offensive skills haven't though, at least not much. He isn't as explosive as he was. So, he kind of has to pick and choose when he uses that part of his game.

But the rest of his offensive skills are pretty much intact.

He sure as heck can't carry a team for long stretches anymore though, let alone a full season.
All true, and I would add I still wouldn't bet against him in any playoff series.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, how to read this: 1) Durant chose Knicks a long while ago as suspected 2) Durant is re-signing with Warriors because it's only team he's been free to talk with all this time 3) Durant isn't waiting for Kawhi 4) This will indicate where Kawhi is going 5) Who the hell knows?

-Rich Eisen

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root for the @nyknicks I refuse to support them with my dollars Dolan is an abomination as I suspect Durant and everyone else on the A-list's impending spurning of his team will show.

-Rich Eisen

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 IF Kd accepts the Warriors deal, doesn't it basically means the end of Draymond next year when he is a FA?
That's pretty likely but maybe they eat all that tax, or trade KD instead. But yes probably so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like that.

Kawhi, LeBron, Kuz and AD is an extremely long, skilled and athletic 2-5.

That is a thing of beauty. Don’t buy in to the narrative that Kawhi and Lebron play the same position.

They don’t.

LeBron is a point forward primary ball handler, and Kawhi is a wing that can handle the ball, but is just as dangerous playing off of it. Kuzma is the ideal stretch 4 to fit with those 2.
I could see someone saying they play the same position, but it's semantics as I agree with your comment on why they fit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could KD at least give us a time of the announcement? I got plans man. (I've got no plans. I just want to complain)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it’ll really depend on how Draymond plays this year. Last year we saw some regression during the year but mainly that was due to injury. When he got healthy, he lost a ton of weight and played fantastic for the vast majority of the playoffs and definitely at an all star level.

Warriors CAN afford the luxury tax with all four guys. The question will be whether or not the value of what they’re paying will reflect the on-court play.

It will also depend on if for some reason Draymond might be super max eligible. He’s not getting that deal for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he announcing over instagram? What a toolbag

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA FA.....might require me opening the Ben and Jerrys salted caramel core....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt some moron calling everyone a moron say KD would drag out his decision?

Guess Bulls are out?