• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst times to go for football. Guessing you were there around same time.

Like I mentioned to turnup I went to multiple games at The Shoe each year from '84 until '05. But I didn't go to Ohio State.

Went to several hoops games as well. You were there when one of my all time favorite Buckeyes played, Jimmy Jackson.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

2. Which East team is most underrated?

Sedano: Miami (43 wins, No. 7). You give Erik Spoelstra a top-15 player in Jimmy Butler and the Heat are going to win a lot of games. The last time he had a player of that caliber on a non-LeBron team, Miami won 48 games (2015-16). People don't realize how poorly constructed Miami's roster has been the past two seasons. I'm betting big on Spo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc

3. Which West team is most underrated?
Herring: Oklahoma City (33 wins, No. 13 in the West) is the most underrated team by far on this list. I'm not even sure it's debatable whether the Thunder would be a playoff team if they played in the East. (We wrote at FiveThirtyEight that they barely fall outside playoff range in the stronger West.) The real question here is when and whether Sam Presti will find a way to deal off the team's remaining veteran assets, who could surely help other clubs while further enriching OKC's rebuild. If that happens, it's fair to think little of the Thunder's chances. But I feel the current roster -- with a healthy Chris Paul, Steven Adams, Danilo Gallinari and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander -- is pretty decent, and would pretty easily win more games than projected.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? @CitySushi @msgkings322

5. Which West team is most overrated?
Marks: Golden State (49 wins, No. 6 in the West). The Warriors would not be in this category with a healthy Klay Thompson in the lineup to start the season. But 49 wins sounds like a reach for a team that has lost Durant, Andre Iguodalaand Shaun Livingston as well as Thompson for at least half the season. I am not convinced the rest of the roster after Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and D'Angelo Russell can play at a playoff level before Thompson returns. The bench is largely made up of unproven players, including Jacob Evans, Jordan Poole, Omari Spellman, Eric Paschall and Alen Smailagic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The place I miss the most is the Vegas area. The summers are a brutal hell but the rest of the year's great.

I miss San Diego. I was only there for 5 or 6 months, but it was beautiful...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marks: Golden State (49 wins, No. 6 in the West). The Warriors would not be in this category with a healthy Klay Thompson in the lineup to start the season. But 49 wins sounds like a reach for a team that has lost Durant, Andre Iguodalaand Shaun Livingston as well as Thompson for at least half the season. I am not convinced the rest of the roster after Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and D'Angelo Russell can play at a playoff level before Thompson returns. The bench is largely made up of unproven players, including Jacob Evans, Jordan Poole, Omari Spellman, Eric Paschall and Alen Smailagic.

Really looking forward to the two resident Golden State homers' spin on this...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss San Diego. I was only there for 5 or 6 months, but it was beautiful...

I met alotta SD transplants in Vegas. They all pretty much said the same thing. They had to leave because it's too expensive. But I hear from everyone it's a beautiful place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remember, tell me when Gurley ends up going.

OK. I don't know if I would take him if he's still on the board at 16. I don't like picking guys off my favorite team in fantasy; makes me twice as mad when they don't perform lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. 49 wins seems a bit high, especially given the talent in the West. I would have thought the total would have been closer to 45, with a shot at the 7 to 8 seed. Not pegged as a 6th seed.

6th seed seems like best possible outcome to me. There are 5 teams I believe that are firmly ahead of the Warriors without Klay.

I think the Warriors with Steph, Draymond and D'Lo should be enough to secure a playoff spot. However without a completely healthy Klay, they're a first round exit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why mention the end of the bench instead of Looney, WC-S, Burks, GR3, and McKinnie?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. 49 wins seems a bit high, especially given the talent in the West. I would have thought the total would have been closer to 45, with a shot at the 7 to 8 seed. Not pegged as a 6th seed.

6th seed seems like best possible outcome to me. There are 5 teams I believe that are firmly ahead of the Warriors without Klay.

I think the Warriors with Steph, Draymond and D'Lo should be enough to secure a playoff spot. However without a completely healthy Klay, they're a first round exit.

LMAO..This homer already losing confidence in his W's. I thought DLo was suppose to save this franchise.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO..This homer already losing confidence in his W's. I thought DLo was suppose to save this franchise.

There's a difference between flexibility and saving the franchise. D'Lo provides flexibility.

You gotta try to troll harder. This one's not even hard to swerve.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between flexibility and saving the franchise. D'Lo provides flexibility.

You gotta try to troll harder. This one's not even hard to swerve.

LOL....Who's going to want DLo after he lays an egg this season. A max player playing with one of the best players ever, can't help lead GS to a 7th seed. What a bust this guy is going to be...lol