• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think your stupid.

I think the only legitmately stupid people- that are simply unintellgent on this board are wamu, shaqdaddy and chieflakers. Everyone else is somewhere on a scale from fairly competent to legitimately intelligent. Those 3 couldnt count to 20 without taking their shoes off.
And since I argue post and not poster I'll disagree with you again. Of those 4, TurnUp is easily the least intelligent. Tlance can now get me for an extreme comment, but it's not even close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing Love hurt, but Cavs biggest problem is defense, which having Love doesn’t solve.

Love has missed at least 20+, last 3 seasons.
Chances are there’s reason for that, that won’t change.
Defense was a big issue, sure, but they were 7-9 when Love played 15+ minutes. 12-54 when he didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a chance with Diaz.
That was a very young team that took the field on Saturday and had every opportunity to win that game.
Not sure if Gators are really a number 8 team, but even losing I think it looked like a step in the right direction.
@Heatles84 , agree?
Made it a lot closer than I would bet many thought they would.

And no shock an SEC team is overranked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line matters, of course, but a QB who is smart and makes quick decisions will make a line look good.

didn't see the game, but maybe that's what they meant? QB holding ball too long?

From what I saw, he just didn't have time. He'd barely finish his dropback and someone would be in his face.

I didn't understand why they didn't go to more quick slants or move him around with roll outs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since I argue post and not poster I'll disagree with you again. Of those 4, TurnUp is easily the least intelligent. Tlance can now get me for an extreme comment, but it's not even close.

One day I really aspire to achieve your life success.
#livinglegend

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw, he just didn't have time. He'd barely finish his dropback and someone would be in his face.

I didn't understand why they didn't go to more quick slants or move him around with roll outs.

Im not familiar with his skill set, but it seemed like he was determined to not give away points with a pick 6, etc.
There is a reason most teams schedule a cupcake week 1.
Reality is, Canes had more to gain then they did to lose.

Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good point...offense matters as well. NFL and not college, but O-line looked a lot better once Kitchens began calling plays in the second half. I think Baker was hit (not sacked, just hit) 9 times the last 8 games. Next closest was at 28....with the same O-line.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not familiar with his skill set, but it seemed like he was determined to not give away points with a pick 6, etc.

Yeah, I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, they had some success with quick slants across the middle of the field.

QB looked like he was fairly athletic, which is why I thought they could incorporate some roll outs.

But I think they also said he wasn't real experienced. So he may not have the whole playbook available to him yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, you ain't kidding about the last comment. cupcake city for nearly every good team. Guess the equivalent of their preseason game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, they had some success with quick slants across the middle of the field.

QB looked like he was fairly athletic, which is why I thought they could incorporate some roll outs.

But I think they also said he wasn't real experienced. So he may not have the whole playbook available to him yet.

Seems like a certain poster here is on the verge of meltdown.
Most most sincere apologies for causing it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point...offense matters as well. NFL and not college, but O-line looked a lot better once Kitchens began calling plays in the second half. I think Baker was hit (not sacked, just hit) 9 times the last 8 games. Next closest was at 28....with the same O-line.

Yeah, play calling can help a struggling o-line. Just switching to plays with 3 step drops and/or moving the QB around can slow a pass rush/make it less effective.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, play calling can help a struggling o-line. Just switching to plays with 3 step drops and/or moving the QB around can slow a pass rush/make it less effective.
combine that and a QB who can make quick decisions and any line will look good in pass blocking.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a chance with Diaz.
That was a very young team that took the field on Saturday and had every opportunity to win that game.
Not sure if Gators are really a number 8 team, but even losing I think it looked like a step in the right direction.
@Heatles84 , agree?
LOL at him insinuating they will never be relevant again....OSU had a very dry patch until they rebounded....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at him insinuating they will never be relevant again....OSU had a very dry patch until they rebounded....
Maybe a year or 2, but not on the level of where Miami has been for a while. Point is taken though, asvother blue bloods have had long down periods and come out of it -Bama, ND, USC, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will The U ever be relevant again on the football field?

i said it a couple years ago now and nothing has changed- Miami is the Nebraska of the south.
Definitely not looking good for them, but never is a long time. Even Bama has had a stretch like this I believe.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a dumb dumb (you). First I asked a few times about their pick (you ignored). Second, it wasn't about trading it. It was about losing it. As in, if they don't have a top 10 pick they lose it.

Making fun of me for making him look like a fool? Um....OK?
Dumb dumb? Haven't heard that since kindergarten I think.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.