• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team will Russell Westbrook play for to begin the 2019-20 season?

Oklahoma City Thunder 1/1
Houston Rockets 5/2
Minnesota Timberwolves 4/1
New York Knicks 4/1
Detroit Pistons 5/1
Miami Heat 6/1
Orlando Magic 6/1
The Field 3/1

How the hell are the Wolves on that list? Wiggins and draft picks isn't going to get it done IMO.

This is going to be a situation I think where OKC has to hold onto Westbrook for a really uncomfortable year in order to get value. AD situation all over again. I cant see any of those teams listed being able to offer value.

Kawhi and George really f'ed a lot of teams with this late push. This offseason would look a hell of a lot different if everyone knew that Westbrook was on the market too. Crazy how much difference 7 days in the offseason can make.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the more i'm hearing, the more i think we got played for real...

On the show I'm listening to, it doesn't sound like that. At least not intentionally.

They were saying that Kawhi did have some concerns about being 3rd wheel behind Lebron and AD.

But, to Lebron's credit, he apparently said all of the right things and Kawhi believed him. But, who knows what would happen in the heat of a game.

It looks like the main thing that hurt the Lakers was that Magic couldn't keep his mouth shut about his meeting with Kawhi. I love Magic, but imo, this should end his involvement with the Lakers in any kind of meaningful way going forward. At least when it comes to trades and FA meetings.

It probably won't...but it should.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell are the Wolves on that list? Wiggins and draft picks isn't going to get it done IMO.

This is going to be a situation I think where OKC has to hold onto Westbrook for a really uncomfortable year in order to get value. AD situation all over again. I cant see any of those teams listed being able to offer value.

Kawhi and George really f'ed a lot of teams with this late push. This offseason would look a hell of a lot different if everyone knew that Westbrook was on the market too. Crazy how much difference 7 days in the offseason can make.

OKC is resetting what kind of value do they expect to get? This is a bit different than the LAC deal....everyone knows they are selling and their goal now is to get out of the luxury and just get back what they can.

An actual serviceable guy long term just gets them mediocrity

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is resetting what kind of value do they expect to get? This is a bit different than the LAC deal....everyone knows they are selling and their goal now is to get out of the luxury and just get back what they can.

An actual serviceable guy long term just gets them mediocrity

Yep. In the article Woj posted on ESPN, this is the most important sentence.

Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, have been discussing trade possibilities and scenarios with Presti, and the sides are both motivated to find a resolution sooner rather than later, league sources told ESPN.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. In the article Woj posted on ESPN, this is the most important sentence.

Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, have been discussing trade possibilities and scenarios with Presti, and the sides are both motivated to find a resolution sooner rather than later, league sources told ESPN.

upload_2019-7-8_18-34-5.jpeg

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11RpNCt.png