• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NFL Draft - Early Thoughts and Mock Drafts Included

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts and observations on the first three rounds:

1) As it turned out, the Rams believed in their OL and DL players, so they passed on those positions and took the value, (as SJ predicted many posts ago), on the depth in the secondary in this draft class. Also, I remember a few drafts ago that our OL coach said not to draft anyone for that position because he wanted to work with what we had to develop consistency and form continuity for the O-lineman. It's apparent that the staff believes Noteboom and Allen's familiarity with the playbook and their fellow linemates superceded any early need for depth reinforcements.

2) Nailed the David Long pick in my mock!

3) Loved the RB pick! Henderson was definitely someone we targeted and Snead was smart enough not to wait for him to fall because Montgomery and Singletary were chosen right after he was. Had to trade up and it was prescient on Snead's part! Also, this does signal that the RB position will be a rotational one no matter what McVay says. He is just being as nice as possible with his public comments regarding Gurley and rightfully so. I like SJ's Sproles comparison, but I would go just a bit further and project a Kamara comp.

4) Everybody we drafted was on the visit list (per Walter Football). I'm an extreme believer in having a "get to know you session" with anyone you potentially intend to draft!

5) Don't ever take anyone with any kind of red flag! (See KC and Kareem Hunt & Tyreke Hill) It will come back and bite you sooner or later.

6) As someone already posted, we are saving a ton of money with these trade downs and setting up Goff's trust fund!

Yes the elite DTs DEs and Olineman went before 31 so trading down was good and the DBs were sitting there practically u touched so they kept trading down and still got 2 really solid DBs. And got a Sproles or Tarik Cohen type weapon with more strength. Which is scary actually

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 3 times this draft the Rams and Pat's have made trades

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaines is a 6’1” and 312 lb nose tackle prospect with a good motor and the ability to stack offensive lineman at the line of scrimmage. Gaines obviously doesn’t add a whole ton of juice as a pass rusher, but the need was certainly there since the upcoming departure of NT Ndamukong Suh.”

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short and stout run stuffed. A lot like the Shelton kid with NE. We now have four Huskies. Geez. The UW is fast becoming the farm team for the Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too bad. Now we should hunt down Danny Shelton's agent and see what he"d sign with us for.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that is a pick by the OL coach, as it sounds like he needs some development. Former QB, then TE. At the very least, should be a solid 6th lineman in short yardage?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to wait a spell for the sixth rounder. Oh crap. I forgot. We traded that to the Falcons.

Last edited: