• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but I think NFL has it right with only the signing bonus being guaranteed. You'd want a player to be given all his money even if he is garbage. I like the teams have some recourse if a player does not live up to his deal (but he still gets his bonus). Wish NBA and MLB did the same.

signing bonuses for league minimum players?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before LOL'ing, who's out there better? Mark Jackson? Tyronn Lue? A college coach? It's not like there's tons of great coaches guaranteed better than Brown out there. Sounds like he and the team will put their heads together and figure out what he could have done better.

Who knows if he's the right guy, but I don't see much out there better. They missed the ECF by a miracle shot.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its fair to bring him back. Their main guys (Simmons, Embiid, Redick, Butler, Harris) played 21 games together, 13 of which were in the playoffs. You can't expect any coach to have things run smoothly when your core is so inexperienced together. Plus, once the Sixers started accumulating talent after their tanking, the teams were getting better under him. If they look bad after next year, its fair to ask if they need someone else. But right now, you can't even say he's not the guy because you literally haven't had enough time to know.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to bring him back. Their main guys (Simmons, Embiid, Redick, Butler, Harris) played 21 games together, 13 of which were in the playoffs. You can't expect any coach to have things run smoothly when your core is so inexperienced together. Plus, once the Sixers started accumulating talent after their tanking, the teams were getting better under him. If they look bad after next year, its fair to ask if they need someone else. But right now, you can't even say he's not the guy because you literally haven't had enough time to know.

He's getting a lot of criticism for a lack of creativity on the offensive side, especially in the second half of game 7 as the Sixers looked a mess.

As far as those 4 guys, I don't know that they can afford to keep them together. Simmons' extension looms.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting a lot of criticism for a lack of creativity on the offensive side, especially in the second half of game 7 as the Sixers looked a mess.

As far as those 4 guys, I don't know that they can afford to keep them together. Simmons' extension looms.

As he should. Embiid is always on the perimeter instead of the post. 2 full seasons and Simmons is still afraid to take jump shots. That must fall on Brown and the coaching staff IMO

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before LOL'ing, who's out there better? Mark Jackson? Tyronn Lue? A college coach? It's not like there's tons of great coaches guaranteed better than Brown out there. Sounds like he and the team will put their heads together and figure out what he could have done better.

Who knows if he's the right guy, but I don't see much out there better. They missed the ECF by a miracle shot.
Fans are funny....if Kawhi's shot bounces off and Philly wins in OT is Brown a better coach and Nurse becomes a lesser one?

Shouldn't it say something Embiid is pleading for him to stay? But I guess what would he know over a sports forum warrier.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are funny....if Kawhi's shot bounces off and Philly wins in OT is Brown a better coach and Nurse becomes a lesser one?

Shouldn't it say something Embiid is pleading for him to stay? But I guess what would he know over a sports forum warrior.

Well, he's also known as a players' coach. Maybe that's not what this team needs? Embiid also is in need of improvement, mostly taking care of his body and his diet so that he can be a more consistent contributor, especially down on the block.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's also known as a players' coach. Maybe that's not what this team needs? Embiid also is in need of improvement, mostly taking care of his body and his diet so that he can be a more consistent contributor, especially down on the block.
All good points......but even with a remade roster that has barely played together they took the favored team to the last second of game 7.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points......but even with a remade roster that has barely played together they took the favored team to the last second of game 7.

Sure, and that Raptors team was ready to crumble like they always do, had it not been for Kawhi. Nobody on that team wanted to take a shot and deferred all game to Kawhi. The Raptors are still that team, save Kawhi.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and that Raptors team was ready to crumble like they always do, had it not been for Kawhi. Nobody on that team wanted to take a shot and deferred all game to Kawhi. The Raptors are still that team, save Kawhi.
OK...but Kawhi is pretty good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's a little bit of a tough call on Brown. On the one hand, the Sixers don't seem to be as far along as they should be and their 2 best players haven't really developed their games much.

On the other hand, while the rumor was that they had to get to at least the ECF for Brown to keep his job, as you point out, thery took the favored team all the way to literally the last second. That's about as close as you can get and not make it.

Also, as someone else pointed out, who's out there that's better? Especially with the Lakers having already signed Jason Kidd. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, you really only need that one guy. That's what the Raptors always seemed to be missing when they were getting bounced by Lebron every year.

Now they have that guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a little bit of a tough call on Brown. On the one hand, the Sixers don't seem to be as far along as they should be and their 2 best players haven't really developed their games much.

On the other hand, while the rumor was that they had to get to at least the ECF for Brown to keep his job, as you point out, thery took the favored team all the way to literally the last second. That's about as close as you can get and not make it.

Also, as someone else pointed out, who's out there that's better? Especially with the Lakers having already signed Jason Kidd. lol

They can always get that "championship coach" that's still out there available: Tyronn Lue. Just remember, he needs championship level pay. Lebron James not included.