• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, you really only need that one guy. That's what the Raptors always seemed to be missing when they were getting bounced by Lebron every year.

Now they have that guy.

Kawhi's going to need a lot more help than he got on Sunday to compete with the Bucks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can always get that "championship coach" that's still out there available: Tyronn Lue. Just remember, he needs championship level pay. Lebron James not included.

It's starting to look like Lue may have made a mistake by not taking the Lakers offer.

I've actually heard a couple of commentators questioning him not taking it rather than criticize the Lakers for the offer.

The idea they were floating is that you take the 3 year deal and then win enough that they have to give you an extension. Basically, gamble on yourself. Especially since his phone doesn't exactly seem to be ringing off the hook with offers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like Lue may have made a mistake by not taking the Lakers offer.

I've actually heard a couple of commentators questioning him not taking it rather than criticize the Lakers for the offer.

The idea they were floating is that you take the 3 year deal and then win enough that they have to give you an extension. Basically, gamble on yourself. Especially since his phone doesn't exactly seem to be ringing off the hook with offers.
Fair points, but he is still being paid and also health issues could be a reason not to jump into anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points, but he is still being paid and also health issues could be a reason not to jump into anything.

True.

But unless you mean the health issues are why his phone isn't ringing, I doubt they have much to do with it, since he apparently would have accepted a 5 year deal.

His agent can and probably has let teams know that his health is fine. I think it likely has more to do with the perception that he was a Lebron puppet and no one knows for sure if he can actually coach or not.

And I'm not absolving the Lakers of anything either. With the money they make, they could have easily given him a 5 year deal and then cut him loose after 3 or 4 years if they felt like they needed to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But unless you mean the health issues are why his phone isn't ringing, I doubt they have much to do with it, since he apparently would have accepted a 5 year deal.

His agent can and probably has let teams know that his health is fine. I think it likely has more to do with the perception that he was a Lebron puppet and no one knows for sure if he can actually coach or not.

And I'm not absolving the Lakers of anything either. With the money they make, they could have easily given him a 5 year deal and then cut him loose after 3 or 4 years if they felt like they needed to.
No, health issues are his concerns not teams, not why other offers are not coming (assuming phone is not ringing).

Not sure I'd call him a puppet...he was more than willing to get in Lebron's face. Have seen him tell Lebron to sit down and shut up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, health issues are his concerns not teams, not why other offers are not coming (assuming phone is not ringing).

Not sure I'd call him a puppet...he was more than willing to get in Lebron's face. Have seen him tell Lebron to sit down and shut up.

Yeah, then the health thing doesn't seem like an issue since he wanted 5.

I think it's safe to assume that his phone isn't ringing. If he had interviewed with anyone else, it would have been reported.

The only other thing I can think of is that him signing with the Lakers seemed like such a done deal (on his birthday he had a Lakers themed bnirthday cake) that teams crossed him off of their lists and moved on.

As for him being a puppet, I'm talking about the general perception which isn't necessarily reality. I agree that the fact that he was willing to get in Lebron's face and that Lebron actually listened to him would speak to him being more than a puppet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, then the health thing doesn't seem like an issue since he wanted 5.

I think it's safe to assume that his phone isn't ringing. If he had interviewed with anyone else, it would have been reported.

The only other thing I can think of is that him signing with the Lakers seemed like such a done deal (on his birthday he had a Lakers themed bnirthday cake) that teams crossed him off of their lists and moved on.

As for him being a puppet, I'm talking about the general perception which isn't necessarily reality. I agree that the fact that he was willing to get in Lebron's face and that Lebron actually listened to him would speak to him being more than a puppet.
you sure it would have been reported? Did you hear anything about Beilein to the Cavs? Different situation as getting out hurts Beilein/UM, but possible under wraps. Agree not likely.

No doubt most think he's a puppet....at least those who don't know anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to know for sure until he takes a job without Lebron.
A puppet does whatever Lebron tells him. That's not Lue. You want to say we don't know how good a coach he is without Lebron? I can buy that.

I think he's like most....give him talent he can win. Don't and he wont.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A puppet does whatever Lebron tells him. That's not Lue. You want to say we don't know how good a coach he is without Lebron? I can buy that.

I think he's like most....give him talent he can win. Don't and he wont.

That doesn't make him sound like he's worth championship coach money though, does it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's likely a stab at Kyrie, who is long gone IMO. Plus, it's not like Rozier can control if he stays or goes; he's restricted.

Not sure he knows what restricted free agency is

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's likely a stab at Kyrie, who is long gone IMO. Plus, it's not like Rozier can control if he stays or goes; he's restricted.

I mean it looks like Kyrie is most likely gone, like you said, so Rozier should be happy if he gets the offer he desires from Boston. Not sure who else could be the issue here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sure it would have been reported? Did you hear anything about Beilein to the Cavs? Different situation as getting out hurts Beilein/UM, but possible under wraps. Agree not likely.

No doubt most think he's a puppet....at least those who don't know anything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. The difference between this and Bielein is that everyone was paying attention to and speculating on the Lakers job and Lue was considered a frontrunner for it. So, if someone else was to have interviewed him, seems very likely that there would have been a report.