• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff ratings down over 15%
28 of 32 similarly scheduled game slots were down.

The Warriors are still here. Boston, Houston, Toronto are all still more or less the same teams.
Even New York and its 20 million viewing eyeballs finally put a team in..... It made zero diffrence.

The LEBRON factor is real.

Hate him or Love him, he makes the playoffs must-see TV.
We will miss the hell out of him when he hangs them up for good.
It's too bad for those whom have decided not to watch because LBJ isn't in the playoffs. They're missing a real treat from KD. He has been OUTSTANDING and a real treat to watch!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It proves Lebron means a lot more to this league than the Warriors do or ever will.

If KD leaves and GS is still winning...it might actually bring their ratings up (playoffs wise) bc the competitiveness will be that much better.

People don't seem as interested in watching a stacked team trying to win 3 in a row against vastly inferior competition, nobody likes predetermined outcomes (basically, I mean look at the odds).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It proves Lebron means a lot more to this league than the Warriors do or ever will.

If KD leaves and GS is still winning...it might actually bring their ratings up (playoffs wise) bc the competitiveness will be that much better.

People don't seem as interested in watching a stacked team trying to win 3 in a row against vastly inferior competition, nobody likes predetermined outcomes (basically, I mean look at the odds).
The competition is not vastly inferior, especially the Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The competition is not vastly inferior, especially the Rockets

Yes it is lol. It's why the Warriors have one of the worst benches in the entire league but are STILL easily the favorites to win it all.

The Rockets have James Harden...how many other All-Stars? ZERO.

I will say they have a lot of shooters but from a talent standpoint their roster isn't close to the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is lol. It's why the Warriors have one of the worst benches in the entire league but are STILL easily the favorites to win it all.

I will say they have a lot of shooters but from a talent standpoint their roster isn't close to the Warriors.

True.

That said, a healthy Chris Paul would be an all star in the East. Capella would have probably fallen short, but would have gotten consideration too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

That said, a healthy Chris Paul would be an all star in the East. Capella would have probably fallen short, but would have gotten consideration too.

True. I actually forgot about CP3 LOL. Probably bc he is always hurt. THIS CP3 isn't anything like he was in his prime though tbf...if this is CP3 in his prime than we can have a discussion about the Rockets narrowing the gap in talent and this being very close. Right now, it isn't close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I actually forgot about CP3 LOL. Probably bc he is always hurt. THIS CP3 isn't anything like he was in his prime though tbf...if this is CP3 in his prime than we can have a discussion about the Rockets narrowing the gap in talent and this being very close. Right now, it isn't close.

Totally agree.

That said, in small samples this year, Paul has been really dynamic. Not every game, but in spurts.

I think he is not being utilized very well playing second fiddle to Harden. Paul, while nowhere near his prime, still has more to give than he is being allowed to show.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That shitty bench is actually a big reason why they aren't that far ahead of some of the teams. This is their worst bench of the dynasty. After the Hamptons 5 there isn't much

Also they BARELY beat Houston last year. This year is not a lock at all

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've always said...you can't trust a Celtic.

Are there many Lakers or Celtics of note historically that have moved between the teams? Rick Fox is the only one I can think of.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad for those whom have decided not to watch because LBJ isn't in the playoffs. They're missing a real treat from KD. He has been OUTSTANDING and a real treat to watch!

laughingsmiley.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the REAL best player in the league imo...

Yeah the guy that choked and missed a wide open shot LOL

People would always rag on Lebron for no reason, considering he is one of the most clutch players of all-time, but nobody ever seems to mention KD. No doubt he can hit some timely big shots and is a great player but he seems to dwindle when the game is on the line.

I would take Curry over KD in the clutch. KD is still the much better player though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there many Lakers or Celtics of note historically that have moved between the teams? Rick Fox is the only one I can think of.

giphy.gif

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot him but I kinda meant guys that played significant years for both

@shopson67