• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell does JB Bickerstaff keep getting HC interviews? He's not good. Also, who watched Memphis the last two years and was like "Yeah. That's the guy we need"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell does JB Bickerstaff keep getting HC interviews? He's not good. Also, who watched Memphis the last two years and was like "Yeah. That's the guy we need"

Dudes been an assistant for about 15 years. So he's in everyone's rolodex and one of those guys that's pretty much always going to get an interview.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure on Bickerstaff if I'm going for a coach. Surely there are better candidates out there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get this either. Out of all the potential candidates they are interested in, Lue is by far the best option. And I'm not even sold on the fact that Lue is that good. He's just that much better than the rest. Just do it already

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this either. Out of all the potential candidates they are interested in, Lue is by far the best option. And I'm not even sold on the fact that Lue is that good. He's just that much better than the rest. Just do it already

The man did win a title...coaching a team led by oh right that LeBron guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like both the Lakers and Suns both want Monty Williams.

Ordinarily, id say if the Lakers want him, they will get him, but with recent events itll be interesting to see what Williams decides. Maybe he decides he wants to coach LeBron and be in LA. Maybe he decides he does not want the headaches.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like they favor Monty Williams with what has been leaked to the media.

Suns want Williams though. Will be interesting to see what happens.

If I am the Lakers I hire Lue without a 2nd thought.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ordinarily, id say if the Lakers want him, they will get him, but with recent events itll be interesting to see what Williams decides. Maybe he decides he wants to coach LeBron and be in LA. Maybe he decides he does not want the headaches.

for once we agree...

coaching LeClown is a headache...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like they favor Monty Williams with what has been leaked to the media.

Suns want Williams though. Will be interesting to see what happens.

If I am the Lakers I hire Lue without a 2nd thought.

Yeah, from what I've heard, Monty is the Lakers first choice, followed by Lue.

Lue has the advantage of being someone that Lebron will listen to. Maybe if they had Lue, things between Lebron and the kids don't get sideways like they did? Lue is also a former Laker which Jeanie seems to like.

The problem is that other FA's may see him as a Lebron puppet.

On the other hand, Monty is well respected and it's been said that Lebron is okay with him too. He is also less likely to be considered a Lebron puppet.

But then what happens if it turns out that Lebron doesn't want to listen to him?

Whatever they are going to do, I think the Lakers need to do it soon to show some semblance of stability. I think they can get away with going into FA meetings not knowing who the POBO is going to be, but they can't go into meetings with FA's saying "Yeah, we're gonna have a head coach for you. We just don't know who yet."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from what I've heard, Monty is the Lakers first choice, followed by Lue.

Lue has the advantage of being someone that Lebron will listen to. Maybe if they had Lue, things between Lebron and the kids don't get sideways like they did? Lue is also a former Laker which Jeanie seems to like.

The problem is that other FA's may see him as a Lebron puppet.

On the other hand, Monty is well respected and it's been said that Lebron is okay with him too. He is also less likely to be considered a Lebron puppet.

But then what happens if it turns out that Lebron doesn't want to listen to him?

Whatever they are going to do, I think the Lakers need to do it soon to show some semblance of stability. I think they can get away with going into FA meetings not knowing who the POBO is going to be, but they can't go into meetings with FA's saying "Yeah, we're gonna have a head coach for you. We just don't know who yet."
Yeah...you'd like to think Lebron would be an adult and listen to his coach, but we know that's not always the case.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it looks like the Suns want him and he prefers the Lakers if they offer him the job. Lakers are in a holding pattern until they hire their next PBO (supposedly still active in the playoffs???).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...you'd like to think Lebron would be an adult and listen to his coach, but we know that's not always the case.

Depends on who that coach is. Some of these guys that are just starting out in the NBA (most of the coaches he has played under) are going to have a tougher time earning that respect, especially while the front office has to bend over backwards to try to keep him in town with his contract escape clauses. He doesn't have one of those this time, however.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 NBA Predictions

538 giving no love to the Sixers or Celtics. Both stole home court from the other team. Both have a 30% chance of advancing.