• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the guy that choked and missed a wide open shot LOL

People would always rag on Lebron for no reason, considering he is one of the most clutch players of all-time, but nobody ever seems to mention KD. No doubt he can hit some timely big shots and is a great player but he seems to dwindle when the game is on the line.

I would take Curry over KD in the clutch. KD is still the much better player though.

I'm not sure about that one. KD hit two game-clinching shots in games 3 and 4 in their own respective Finals right in Lebron's grill. We just saw Curry miss a wide open layup (attempting to go in for a dunk) which would've made it a 1-score difference in game 3. Curry hasn't had a plethora of clutch moments in the playoffs, where as KD hit two big time shots in the Finals.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shitty bench is actually a big reason why they aren't that far ahead of some of the teams. This is their worst bench of the dynasty. After the Hamptons 5 there isn't much

Also they BARELY beat Houston last year. This year is not a lock at all

I agree, Houston is giving them problems. Also to the inferior competition thing I disagree. I would rate the bucks over Houston and GS could meet them in the finals. Not a cake walk at all

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Houston is giving them problems. Also to the inferior competition thing I disagree. I would rate the bucks over Houston and GS could meet them in the finals. Not a cake walk at all
I said at season's start this year's finals, if the Ws get there, would be their toughest. Thought it would be Boston but looks like Milwaukee.

So far the playoffs are going pretty much as many expected. The crying of the sports talk guys here in SF cracks me up. Everyone knew this series would be tough and yet they are all panicking because the Ws are tied 2-2

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said at season's start this year's finals, if the Ws get there, would be their toughest. Thought it would be Boston but looks like Milwaukee.

So far the playoffs are going pretty much as many expected. The crying of the sports talk guys here in SF cracks me up. Everyone knew this series would be tough and yet they are all panicking because the Ws are tied 2-2

They have to win 2 out of 3, with 2 out of 3 at home. This is about where most expected the series to be. I thought it might be a bit easier, but the Rockets had some role players really step up, while Curry and Thompson and some shooting stretches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that one. KD hit two game-clinching shots in games 3 and 4 in their own respective Finals right in Lebron's grill. We just saw Curry miss a wide open layup (attempting to go in for a dunk) which would've made it a 1-score difference in game 3. Curry hasn't had a plethora of clutch moments in the playoffs, where as KD hit two big time shots in the Finals.

Yeah I knew someone would bring up those shots, bc it's really all he has. GS wasn't losing that series regardless. Meh, like I said he's had his moments but if you actually look at the numbers, he isn't that clutch overall, especially for his career. I can agree he has improved over the years but he isn't to Lebron's level.

What does a wide-open dunk down 5 with 19 seconds have to do with anything? hahaha

I think you are forgetting something. Who came back from a 3-1 deficit against OKC to win 3 straight lol. Then KD ran to Curry bc he needed help. That right there says all I need to know. Plus Curry had a great Game 7 to close out that series. Like I said KD has improved but overall I will take Curry.

Lets just look at elimination games:

Lebron - 34.1 ppg 10.9 rpg 8 apg, 14-10 record *In his last 9 elimination games Lebron has 40+ point or a triple-double in 7 of them.
MJ - 31.3 ppg 7.9 rpg 7 apg, 6-7 record
Steph - 27.9 ppg 7.5 apg 6.4 rpg, 45.4% and 39.9% from 3, 5-3 record
Kobe - 22.4 ppg 5.7 rpg 44% shooting, 8-11 record

I bet Harden is up there (his record probably isn't good) and I'm sure KD has some good numbers as well but Curry is definitely one of the most clutch players we have seen. So yeah, I would take him over KD with the game on the line. I honestly would take Kawhi over KD in these moments.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I knew someone would bring up those shots, bc it's really all he has. GS wasn't losing that series regardless. Meh, like I said he's had his moments but if you actually look at the numbers, he isn't that clutch overall, especially for his career. I can agree he has improved over the years but he isn't to Lebron's level.

What does a wide-open dunk down 5 with 19 seconds have to do with anything? hahaha

I think you are forgetting something. Who came back from a 3-1 deficit against OKC to win 3 straight lol. Then KD ran to Curry bc he needed help. That right there says all I need to know. Plus Curry had a great Game 7 to close out that series. Like I said KD has improved but overall I will take Curry.

Lets just look at elimination games:

Lebron - 34.1 ppg 10.9 rpg 8 apg, 14-10 record *In his last 9 elimination games Lebron has 40+ point or a triple-double in 7 of them.
MJ - 31.3 ppg 7.9 rpg 7 apg, 6-7 record
Steph - 27.9 ppg 7.5 apg 6.4 rpg, 45.4% and 39.9% from 3, 5-3 record
Kobe - 22.4 ppg 5.7 rpg 44% shooting, 8-11 record

I bet Harden is up there (his record probably isn't good) and I'm sure KD has some good numbers as well but Curry is definitely one of the most clutch players we have seen. So yeah, I would take him over KD with the game on the line. I honestly would take Kawhi over KD in these moments.

First off, finishing every sentence with laughter doesn't exactly strengthen your position. You could say KD ran to Curry, but wasn't it the Warriors that also ran to KD to help them out? It goes both ways.

What's KD's stats in elimination games?

If you'd take Curry over KD, I really don't know what to tell you. Again, I thought this was about who had more clutch shots. You've yet to bring up Steph's clutch shots in the playoffs. KD had two in the Finals. What series since 2015 have the Warriors been in danger of losing seriously? Houston last year and who else (take the 16 Finals out of it because they lost)?

Also, missing a dunk, a wide open one at that with 19 seconds left is pretty bad.

What's laughable is your rebuttal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD also has two Finals MVP trophies to his name in as many years. How many does Steph have again?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD also has two Finals MVP trophies to his name in as many years. How many does Steph have again?

I'd rather have the 3 point assassin than the bitch that keeps racking up T's during the regular season.

Also Steph didn't tuck his tail between his legs & run to a team he couldn't beat.

Andre Iguodala has a Finals MVP & Steph doesn't. Who you taking of those 2?:D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have the 3 point assassin than the bitch that keeps racking up T's during the regular season.

Also Steph didn't tuck his tail between his legs & run to a team he couldn't beat.

Andre Iguodala has a Finals MVP & Steph doesn't. Who you taking of those 2?:D

We're talking about better basketball player, not more likable. I like Steph as a person and think his story of where he was at and where he is now as one of the NBA's best players is great.

Having said that, do you honestly think Steph's better than KD? And again, wasn't it the Warriors that recruited KD to come to them? They could've easily told him no.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about better basketball player, not more likable. I like Steph as a person and think his story of where he was at and where he is now as one of the NBA's best players is great.

Having said that, do you honestly think Steph's better than KD? And again, wasn't it the Warriors that recruited KD to come to them? They could've easily told him no.

Where in that comment of mine that you responded to did I say Steph was better than KD? All I said was I'd rather have the 3 point assassin. That's my opinion.

Yet for some bizarre reason you think I said something else. But to answer your question it's KD > Steph.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in that comment of mine that you responded to did I say Steph was better than KD? All I said was I'd rather have the 3 point assassin. That's my opinion.

Yet for some bizarre reason you think I said something else. But to answer your question it's KD > Steph.

Fair enough. Being a Heat fan, I'd take either on my team right now. But yes, it's much easier to root for Steph compared to KD. A million times easier.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Being a Heat fan, I'd take either on my team right now. But yes, it's much easier to root for Steph compared to KD. A million times easier.

They are both great players & a team couldn't go wrong w/ either of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw a stat a month or so ago that said Curry was 0-5 in GW shots.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the guy that choked and missed a wide open shot LOL

People would always rag on Lebron for no reason, considering he is one of the most clutch players of all-time, but nobody ever seems to mention KD. No doubt he can hit some timely big shots and is a great player but he seems to dwindle when the game is on the line.

I would take Curry over KD in the clutch. KD is still the much better player though.

:yawning:

as I was saying...