• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Mock Draft

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearing that time of year, folks... especially for us fans of shit teams. I just finished my first mock draft on this site I just launched, so I'd appreciate if ya'll check it out and give me any feedback. I'm still in the very, very early stages of this damn thing so it's a work in progress.

NBA Mock Draft

I've done quite a bit of research on prospects and watched film/read scouting reports and gotten some feedback from some NBA executives as well, so this isn't just some random slapped together mock. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions on certain prospects, I'm more than happy to expand my thoughts!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this mock draft better because they have the Heat getting a PG which should be their need.

2019 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Haha, Garland at 15 would be a steal. I just don't see him falling that low (despite his injury), especially with how shallow PG is in this draft class. He will likely go top 10 imo. De'Andre Hunter is a really good three and D prospect though and I think he'd fit right in with Spoelstra's system. May not have star upside but he can be a very damn good starter for a long time in the league.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand how nassir little is a lottery pick

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand how nassir little is a lottery pick

He's definitely trying to play his way out of the lottery, but here's three reasons:

-His name/pedigree coming into the season, scouts believe Roy Williams has hindered his growth.
-Very weak draft with little "star" upside guys. Little could be a complete bust, but he's a home run type hit that some teams can afford to take a swing on if they aren't thrilled with the prospects around his range.
-His per-100 possessions +per 36 statistics aren't too shabby. Not inspiring but not as awful as his basic stats.

Edit: I was very close to dropping him to 15 in this mock, but moved him up last minute. Think team-fits will determine where he ends up.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this. I think teams will be happy in getting either Zion or Barrett.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this mock draft better because they have the Heat getting a PG which should be their need.

2019 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Trust me.

If you get Hunter, you will be very happy. He is a stone cold lock to be a quality rotation player and I believe his upside could land him somewhere in the Josh Richardson - Kawhi Leonard spectrum.

Hunter is a very good player.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, Garland at 15 would be a steal. I just don't see him falling that low (despite his injury), especially with how shallow PG is in this draft class. He will likely go top 10 imo. De'Andre Hunter is a really good three and D prospect though and I think he'd fit right in with Spoelstra's system. May not have star upside but he can be a very damn good starter for a long time in the league.

Garlands analytics are not good. Albeit in a limited sample.

One thing I will say, this is not a good pg class imo.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me.

If you get Hunter, you will be very happy. He is a stone cold lock to be a quality rotation player and I believe his upside could land him somewhere in the Josh Richardson - Kawhi Leonard spectrum.

Hunter is a very good player.

I’m a hunter fan. Strong analytics.

He’s not sexy, but there is a reason guys like Trevor Ariza get 8 figures per year deals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearing that time of year, folks... especially for us fans of shit teams. I just finished my first mock draft on this site I just launched, so I'd appreciate if ya'll check it out and give me any feedback. I'm still in the very, very early stages of this damn thing so it's a work in progress.

NBA Mock Draft

I've done quite a bit of research on prospects and watched film/read scouting reports and gotten some feedback from some NBA executives as well, so this isn't just some random slapped together mock. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions on certain prospects, I'm more than happy to expand my thoughts!
Can't say I've watched enough to know and have not seen him play one game (nor heard what "experts" are saying), but saw Jaxson Hayes play in his HS title game against Solon (kid is a cheerleader for them). Meh. Had some moments, but tallest kid on solon is 6-4.

Not ripping your mock because, as I said, I have not seen him.........but has he really been top 10 NBA draft worthy?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I've watched enough to know and have not seen him play one game (nor heard what "experts" are saying), but saw Jaxson Hayes play in his HS title game against Solon (kid is a cheerleader for them). Meh. Had some moments, but tallest kid on solon is 6-4.

Not ripping your mock because, as I said, I have not seen him.........but has he really been top 10 NBA draft worthy?

So, couple things. Appreciate the feedback and any questions so no worries there at all.

1) High school is pretty meaningless at this point, especially if it's just one game. I once saw Aaron Gordon in a game where he looked great in the warmups with dunks and what not, but was pretty meh overall and look how that turned out. I get it's easy to keep that impression in your head.

2) He's playing 22 mpg and averaging 2.4 blocks per game which is elite level stuff, also shooting an absurd 74% from the field which yes, it's mostly dunks or close range shots, but that's still insane.

So basically scouts view him as an elite finisher at the rim, and a potential elite shot blocker/rim protector. He has a long ways to go everywhere else, but any time a prospect offers two translatable skills at or near that elite threshold they gain traction. He started the year as a mid to late 1st rounder with multi-year project written all over him, now he's shown he's a little more ready than expected initially. Still very raw, and would likely come off the bench for a year, maybe two, but he has starting center qualities and upside. Also, this draft is pretty weak as shit from the 8-17 range so really anything can happen there and it wouldn't surprise me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, couple things. Appreciate the feedback and any questions so no worries there at all.

1) High school is pretty meaningless at this point, especially if it's just one game. I once saw Aaron Gordon in a game where he looked great in the warmups with dunks and what not, but was pretty meh overall and look how that turned out. I get it's easy to keep that impression in your head.

2) He's playing 22 mpg and averaging 2.4 blocks per game which is elite level stuff, also shooting an absurd 74% from the field which yes, it's mostly dunks or close range shots, but that's still insane.

So basically scouts view him as an elite finisher at the rim, and a potential elite shot blocker/rim protector. He has a long ways to go everywhere else, but any time a prospect offers two translatable skills at or near that elite threshold they gain traction. He started the year as a mid to late 1st rounder with multi-year project written all over him, now he's shown he's a little more ready than expected initially. Still very raw, and would likely come off the bench for a year, maybe two, but he has starting center qualities and upside. Also, this draft is pretty weak as shit from the 8-17 range so really anything can happen there and it wouldn't surprise me.

I have not seen Hayes play at all and I think players with his skill set tend to get way overdrafted because they miss more often than they hit and the ceiling is more of a high quality support player than that of a star.

That said, this was an excellent reply by you.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen Hayes play at all and I think players with his skill set tend to get way overdrafted because they miss more often than they hit and the ceiling is more of a high quality support player than that of a star.

That said, this was an excellent reply by you.

Appreciate it. I tend to agree for the most part, you can seemingly find guys like him in the mid to late 1st in most drafts anyways so I think it would be a reach if he went top 10, especially with his limited upside offensively. What it will come down to is player development, plain and simple. You've got guys in the late 1st like Gafford and Bassey who probably have more upside, but a lower floor than Hayes, and more often than not one of those late round centers pan out while the project center that goes early winds up a bust. Jarrett Allen is a great example of this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the feedback. and as I said having never seen him play nor followed him I'll have to defer to you on this.

as we all know, ya cannot teach size....and he's only 19 or so I would guess.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Jessie Govan of the Georgetown Hoyas (Sr.), could be a late 1st round pick (18 pts per game, Center, 6-10 255)

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA Mock Draft

Reddish is garbage.

I know mock drafts have him high, but based on what? His ability to shoot his team out of games?

Langford is also trash, but again NBA teams love big athletic guards who have a pretty J, even though they can't win basketball games against teams full of guys who will become stock traders.

Did they learn nothing from Markelle Fultz?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddish is garbage.

I know mock drafts have him high, but based on what? His ability to shoot his team out of games?

Langford is also trash, but again NBA teams love big athletic guards who have a pretty J, even though they can't win basketball games against teams full of guys who will become stock traders.

Did they learn nothing from Markelle Fultz?

Reddish is a 6'7" wing with a lot of athleticism and a beautiful jump shot. He also happens to be 19 years old.

There is no guarantee he becomes an NBA star, but he certainly could. And he most definitely is not trash.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddish is a 6'7" wing with a lot of athleticism and a beautiful jump shot. He also happens to be 19 years old.

There is no guarantee he becomes an NBA star, but he certainly could. And he most definitely is not trash.

He's shooting 35% from the field, and 34% from the college 3 point line while having the #1 and #2 pick taking almost all of the defense's attention away from him.

That's garbage.

Listen, I know how the game works. They draft these kids based on potential. But at some point, you have to look at the numbers and say ... is this kid really worthy of a Top 5 pick if he can't even excel at this level?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shooting 35% from the field, and 34% from the college 3 point line while having the #1 and #2 pick taking almost all of the defense's attention away from him.

That's garbage.

Listen, I know how the game works. They draft these kids based on potential. But at some point, you have to look at the numbers and say ... is this kid really worthy of a Top 5 pick if he can't even excel at this level?

There are plenty of examples of 1 and dones who have struggled to some degree in college and become NBA stars.

Reddish is struggling with his shot. But he can shoot the ball.