• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 MLB Transactions

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per his uncle, he's excited to go and get back to MLB next Spring.
Hope it works out for him. If he has a really strong showing over there (as that league is tailored made for power hitters), he could land a spring training invite with another team in 2020.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it works out for him. If he has a really strong showing over there (as that league is tailored made for power hitters), he could land a spring training invite with another team in 2020.

I heard they de-juiced the balls over there, but yeah when I saw this news I thought it would be a good fit for him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Blach got dfa'd by the Orioles. His career is on life support.
He is a swing lefty. Someone will give him a chance. But I was never blown away by him. Everyone was raving about him during his rookie year, but I just didn’t see it. Sure, he was our best pitcher that year, but that falls in the same category calling Belt our best hitter.

The best smelling pile of shit is still a pile of shit.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a swing lefty. Someone will give him a chance. But I was never blown away by him. Everyone was raving about him during his rookie year, but I just didn’t see it. Sure, he was our best pitcher that year, but that falls in the same category calling Belt our best hitter.

The best smelling pile of shit is still a pile of shit.
Still disagree with your Belt assessment from his peak seasons. His numbers showed that he was a top 10 1st baseman in those years. Most of the guys above him were locked into long term agreements with other teams. He isn't that good any longer but your analogy, in my opinion, is off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still disagree with your Belt assessment from his peak seasons. His numbers showed that he was a top 10 1st baseman in those years. Most of the guys above him were locked into long term agreements with other teams. He isn't that good any longer but your analogy, in my opinion, is off.
That’s alright. You are allowed to be wrong.

Being about the #10 player in a low-priority position is very meh in my book. His improvement over whoever we could have gotten off the trash heap just wasn’t worth 17 mil per, imho. And especially not on a long term contract (a 1 or 2 year deal I would have been fine with).

Anyway, off that detour...

Blach is basically a dime-a-dozen type pitcher. You need to produce those in bulk to eat innings and fill spots, but they are not guys you lose sleep over when they go elsewhere.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s alright. You are allowed to be wrong.

Being about the #10 player in a low-priority position is very meh in my book. His improvement over whoever we could have gotten off the trash heap just wasn’t worth 17 mil per, imho. And especially not on a long term contract (a 1 or 2 year deal I would have been fine with).

Anyway, off that detour...

Blach is basically a dime-a-dozen type pitcher. You need to produce those in bulk to eat innings and fill spots, but they are not guys you lose sleep over when they go elsewhere.
Oh, I am often wrong. Just not about this one. :heh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was way too hyped for this guy, but that's how scary bad the 2018 season was looking to be.
Young kid. Cannon arm. Bad team that can hide him. The injury may have just killed any chance he had.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good value:

What happened to the 100 million minimum? This was not even close. Pretty shocking, considering how many teams were supposed to be in the running for him and the way the market has played out this year. I'm glad he's not a Dodger, but now we have to face him a few times a year.