• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 MLB Transactions

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kuechel and Kimbrel dominoes have fallen, clearing the path for the trade market now.

Can probably scratch Atlanta off the list for Bum, but Smith is certainly still in play.

I still think Minnesota would be the best landing spot for both.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants make trade with Padres, add minor-league outfielder

This makes no sense to me. A 29 year old OF who hasn't done much, for a young pitcher with a strikeout penchant (plus a great name!)? What? We don't have enough older LHH OF's? Zero sense. Head scratcher.
giphy.gif

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yangervis Solarte recently signed a minor league deal with the Marlins.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade chatter has really heated up for the Giants lately. Minnesota is a team that keeps coming up.

They would be my preferred trade destination for Bum and Smith. Excellent farm system, fun team to root for, not in the NL.

You could probably get Graterol or Larnach, plus a lotto ticket or two

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade chatter has really heated up for the Giants lately. Minnesota is a team that keeps coming up.

They would be my preferred trade destination for Bum and Smith. Excellent farm system, fun team to root for, not in the NL.

Don't know how well connected this Twitter account that tzill shared, but I did find this:
And retweeted this:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how well connected this Twitter account that tzill shared, but I did find this:
And retweeted this:

Darren Wolfson is extremely connected on the Minnesota side of things. I know him more for his basketball connects, but he certainly has contacts in all MN sports. He's generally reliable and not talking out of his ass.

GPT is great on the prospect side of things. He seems to have good connections with the lower levels/DSL stuff. I communicate with him every once in awhile, if you ever have a question.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Wolfson is extremely connected on the Minnesota side of things. I know him more for his basketball connects, but he certainly has contacts in all MN sports. He's generally reliable and not talking out of his ass.

GPT is great on the prospect side of things. He seems to have good connections with the lower levels/DSL stuff. I communicate with him every once in awhile, if you ever have a question.
You all knew about GPT and didn't share?!?! I'm hurt.:tsk: I feel like a kid in a candy store scrolling through that account.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all knew about GPT and didn't share?!?! I'm hurt.:tsk: I feel like a kid in a candy store scrolling through that account.

Sorry, I feel like I've posted his tweets on here a few times. He's awesome, not sure what his day job is but he does a lot of the leg work. Has a lot of info on the drafted kids too

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KNBR has been talking up Clint Frazier. The Spanks have a crowded OF and just demoted him this week after acquiring Encarnacion. He has warts (his glove), but his bat seems real enough.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR has been talking up Clint Frazier. The Spanks have a crowded OF and just demoted him this week after acquiring Encarnacion. He has warts (his glove), but his bat seems real enough.

I'd like him, but his warts also include his personality. Doesn't seem like the best dude. Still, right-handed pop, athletic, great bat speed. He doesn't have any business being as bad on defense as he's shown.

There's also been talk about Estevan Florial, which would be real great.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is obviously subjective, but it's interesting that the Giants have nine guys on it, including 5 of the first 15.

Top 50 Trade Candidates For The 2019 MLB Trade Deadline
About a half dozen former Giants on this list too. If he is accurate in the likelihood of these players being traded from #1 being the most likely to #50 being the least likely, then we are going to see at least one rotation spot and three bullpen spots sporting new faces on August 1st. I do wonder if FZ will be active in the trade front (to also pick up young players) and/or get more active on waivers and minor league deals in the next month as well.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like him, but his warts also include his personality. Doesn't seem like the best dude. Still, right-handed pop, athletic, great bat speed. He doesn't have any business being as bad on defense as he's shown.

There's also been talk about Estevan Florial, which would be real great.
After that three error game where he dodged the media, he seemed pretty flippant on his rationale. I get not wanting to talk to the media after a game like that but he could have handled it better. If the bat doesn't translate to SF, he'd be disliked quickly by the fans. It could get really ugly.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that three error game where he dodged the media, he seemed pretty flippant on his rationale. I get not wanting to talk to the media after a game like that but he could have handled it better. If the bat doesn't translate to SF, he'd be disliked quickly by the fans. It could get really ugly.

I would prefer the Twins' package, but I'd still be fine with Frazier.

Maybe there's a way to get both? Smith to Minnesota for one of their studs, Bum to NY for Frazier.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrett Parker's contract got purchased by the Angels yesterday. He started tonight and went 0 for 3 with 2 Ks, 1 walk and 1 run scored.