• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 FA thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Lions lose RB Malcolm Brown, Rams to match offer sheet

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Source: The #Rams are matching the two-year, $3.25M offer sheet for RFA RB Malcolm Brown, source said. They keep him, the #Lions will keep searching. He gets a $100K signing bonus and $1 million guaranteed.

6:18 AM - 22 Mar 2019

With the money we dont spend here and save on Tavon we could sign G Andy Levitre for a couple years. He is old but top Guards tend to play till their mid 30s.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money we dont spend here and save on Tavon we could sign G Andy Levitre for a couple years. He is old but top Guards tend to play till their mid 30s.

I'll take a rookie and that inexpensive contract over Levitre all day long.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a rookie and that inexpensive contract over Levitre all day long.

That is usually my preference too but for a guy of Levitre's standing a few mil a year is worth it. I do not like spending close to 10 mil a year or more on interior lineman. The draft is always loaded with average Tackles who can be good at guard.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. Better than Lawson but not by a lot. At least it is insurance. He is much bigger and a nice depth signing. Played well for the Colts but as it says below not so much last year in a zone scheme.

Lions signed CB Rashaan Melvin to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
Melvin was miscast in Oakland's Cover-2 last year. He made just seven starts and wasn't effective for the 59 percent of snaps he was on the field. Melvin is a better fit in Detroit's multiple scheme — he played under Matt Patricia with the Patriots in 2015. With Nevin Lawson gone, Melvin gives the Lions a veteran fallback opposite Darius Slay.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this. Too bad they didnt succeed. Stafford has another year like last year and they can have him for free.

Stafford was absolutely doomed last year with the shenanigans Quinn pulled and you know it.

Here you you Staff. Here is Golladay and a bunch of street free agents at WR to throw too. Don't worry though. We set you up with an elite running game if that doesn't work. Let me introduce you to Mr. Blount.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was absolutely doomed last year with the shenanigans Quinn pulled and you know it.

Here you you Staff. Here is Golladay and a bunch of street free agents at WR to throw too. Don't worry though. We set you up with an elite running game if that doesn't work. Let me introduce you to Mr. Blount.

Yes those crappy free agent WRs made Stafford throw the ball in to the ground and into the stands. Not to mention to the other teams DBs (And thats when MJ was still playing). Maybe Staff felt the other teams DBs had a better chance of holding on to the ball because he didnt trust his own guys.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Staff felt the other teams DBs had a better chance of holding on to the ball because he didnt trust his own guys.

There might be some truth to this statement actually.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we had a real owner, Quinn would've got fired.

You don't give a man the biggest contract in football history and then get rid of the talent around him.

But we don't. So I wait.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Stafford tanks the rest of his time in Detroit for the hen house bullshit that they pulled on Cooter.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't give a man the biggest contract in football history and then get rid of the talent around him.
But we don't. So I wait.

If he should have been fired for anything it would be for letting JBC become and OC. That was just retarded.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he should have been fired for anything it would be for letting JBC become and OC. That was just retarded.

JBC actually turned the offense around and had Staff playing at an extremely high level at first. Staff is also and still is the franchise and he liked working with Cooter. That is why he was kept on.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we don't. So I wait.

Not really worried about the Lions. They just better not fuck up the 2020 Bronco this year. I am assuming that it will be all filled up with plastic on the interior though. Similar to the Ranger.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making sure not to give him anything to work with still doesn't make sense to me.

Jim Bob was the best thing to happen to Staff imo. Immense improvement.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making sure not to give him anything to work with still doesn't make sense to me.

Jim Bob was the best thing to happen to Staff imo. Immense improvement.

It wasnt anything against him. It was just a rebuilding year. Nobody wanted to admit it but I said at the start of the season. There were too many changes going on and we didnt have nearly the personnel we wanted/needed. I think that is the only reason they let him stay on for a year. They didnt care what happened. That is the one thing I am grateful for JBC. He allowed us to wait a year until Bevell freed up. He is the first coach we have hired who was already successful at what we are hiring him for.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon will probably be more expensive than i'd like, but he definitely be a good guy to pair with Kerryon

Ware isn't a sexy pick up, but he probably has the ability to be a strong backup. I just don't think he'll be able to reproduce the numbers he was getting in ARs offense in our system

Anderson is a plodder and that would be okay if he provided value as a blocker or receiver, but he is below average in both of those areas and would just be a less talented Blount for us.

The draft is still my favorite option grabbing someone late 5th-7th round my top choices are

Justice Hill
Bryce Love
Travis Homer
Alex Barnes

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon will probably be more expensive than i'd like, but he definitely be a good guy to pair with Kerryon

Ware isn't a sexy pick up, but he probably has the ability to be a strong backup. I just don't think he'll be able to reproduce the numbers he was getting in ARs offense in our system

Anderson is a plodder and that would be okay if he provided value as a blocker or receiver, but he is below average in both of those areas and would just be a less talented Blount for us.

The draft is still my favorite option grabbing someone late 5th-7th round my top choices are

Justice Hill
Bryce Love
Travis Homer
Alex Barnes
LJ Scott

I am hoping everyone forgets how fricken awesome Rodney Anderson was before getting hurt and he drops to the second half of the draft.