• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish nothing but the best for the kid. I just wish recruits would be honest and upfront. For UK to land him in the 11th hour seems very sketchy. The story that Frost promised him a spot Well that dog don't hunt.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish nothing but the best for the kid. I just wish recruits would be honest and upfront. For UK to land him in the 11th hour seems very sketchy. The story that Frost promised him a spot Well that dog don't hunt.

Frost doesn't do promises...

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else hear anything about Robinson calling Frost and asking for something (cash?) before Frost hung up on him?
I've heard it from two different people today.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else hear anything about Robinson calling Frost and asking for something (cash?) before Frost hung up on him?
Been reading that bullshit all week, even more believeable when you think about shit Kentucky football out bidding osu and Bama

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading that bullshit all week, even more believeable when you think about shit Kentucky football out bidding osu and Bama
My wife said that she heard Shawn Callahan say it on her drive home yesterday.

Crazy

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Wandale. Kentucky is having a good season(by Kentucky standards). Nebraska, not so much.

Vince Marrow probably did the same recruiting pitch at Nebraska. He is known for being a very good recruiter.

If anything funny was going on, it goes on everywhere anyway. No school is immune from rogue boosters, especially if they can find a conduit to the players.

Next young man that WANTS to play at Nebraska, please.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen that rumor, think it's a bit far fetched. What I think happened from talking to people is that Kentucky said that if he came there they would automatically put him in the 2-deep next year (but it is his job to stay there with hard work.). Well, Frost said he doesn't promise things, and that if he's good enough to play he'll play if he isn't he won't.

At first Wandale was on board with that but then his mom got involved and.... don't get to see you on tv even, UK is close to home AND you'll play and... so on and so forth. He's a Wildcat.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed one of the visitors this week is Justice Akinmoladun.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to research what @Tomhusker said, found nothing. But 16 year old Hayden Conner( 6' 5" 280 lb) is visiting from Katy Texas with two teammates. It is also his third visit.

Third visit?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to research what @Tomhusker said, found nothing. But 16 year old Hayden Conner( 6' 5" 280 lb) is visiting from Katy Texas with two teammates. It is also his third visit.

Third visit?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
List of in-state recruits expected to attend Nebraska's game against Illinois
Notes
» There are also some out-of-state recruits expected to be at the game. The list includes:

Casper (Wyo.) Kelly Walsh offensive lineman Connor Shopp; Overland Park (Kan.) Blue Valley North wide receiver Cameron Burt; West Plains (Mo.) offensive lineman Jake Swope; Grandview (Mo.) defensive lineman Justice Akinmoladun; Rockwall (Texas) wide receiver Trevor Munson; St. Peters (Mo.) Lutheran defensive lineman Gabriel Rubio.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayden Connor had a great FOURTH trip to Lincoln. Brought his Mom and Dad, his OL Buddy(third trip), his OL Buddy's parents.

He is doing it the right way, and will make an excellent choice when he selects his school of choice. What really made an impression on him was Austin, O Line coach, talking about the first three Nebraska plays and what the tackle would be doing. When Nebraska inflicted their will on Illinois and scored on the third play, he was impressed.

I think it comes down to Coach relationship on this one.

He also really likes Michigan and Texas(of course) is in the mix. His buddy Bryce Foster seems to lean to staying in Texas, but it is still a two year recruiting process to go on these young men. Anything can happen.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost out and about hitting the road this week... was in Georgia today... will be in Kentucky tomorrow to visit.... Wandale Robinson... Frost and Co gonna give it one more shot.... Kentucky staff in home tonight.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know.... probably gauging interest to see if using Frost's time at an in-home with him will be worth it later.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know.... probably gauging interest to see if using Frost's time at an in-home with him will be worth it later.
yea, makes sense.

did you see anything that weeded through the mess of info out there of the KY pick vs NU? Sounded like his mom wanted him at home and KY supposedly guaranteed immediate playing time? SF wouldn't guarantee that, but seems to me with the loss of Morgan and Ozigbo, there is more room for immediate playing time at NU, as you look at KY's top 2 RBs and WR were all young (although their #2-4 by yardage WRs were all listed as Seniors). Can also point to the impact Washington had.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost out and about hitting the road this week... was in Georgia today... will be in Kentucky tomorrow to visit.... Wandale Robinson... Frost and Co gonna give it one more shot.... Kentucky staff in home tonight.

Does Wandale plan to sign his LOI in December?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that will be interesting to watch is if the # of kids committing in December goes up or down compared to last year. seemed to me that a lot of kids that remained uncommitted (especially borderline good players/reaches for good teams but good gets for mediocre teams) ended up getting a lot of better offers after the dust cleared on guys that were making Dec signing day decisions. "Good" teams like Penn State/Michigan/Florida etc missed on 5* guys or high 4* so they turned to unsigned 4* or higher 3* and went after them.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Wandale plan to sign his LOI in December?

I'm not sure on the front, I believe he intends to sign but not sure he's a semester enrollee... As for the rumors about Wandale getting money, I don't think much of that is true. He has relationships pushing him to Kentucky, mostly his mother who means a lot to him. If Frost and Co can win mom and family over then this one would flip to Nebraska pretty quickly because he likes our offense a ton more than Kentucky's.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone should visit Robinson