• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should have known you would have beaten me to this. I think if I find anything older than 30 minutes on my timeline, I'm just gonna assume you posted it from now on. LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moodiest team ever with Kyrie and Durant. I don't see a championship with emo guys like that as your leaders

One guy has had issues with every city he's played in. The other created a fake social media account to defend himself. What could go wrong with this ticking time bomb?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 teams on this site basically: Heat, Lakers and Cavs. I don't know why this is shocking...I understand one Cavs fan kinda argues over pointless stuff but I think you are really getting your panties in a wad over nothing haha

With all due respect, this NBA season thread is more about quantity than quality so far.

Celtics and Sixers fans are smart enough to realize that 3 games isn't a very large sample size, so again, the majority of hawt takes here are unfounded in any semblance of statistics and is simply pure conjecture or a form of mundane banality.

I expect and demand more from each and every one of you.
Even if it's just for trolling purposes.

As you were...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no reason to bring up +/- in any conversation. It is pointless, one of worst stats, surprised they don't get rid of it. The losing team will mainly have the - guys, the winning team will have the + guys. You will see + guys on the losing team once in a while...the stat is meaningless.

More so I was adding to people saying he was overrated and he continues to produce...he is shooting 60% averaging 19 ppg 12 rpg through 3 games...short sample, but pretty good for a guy that isn't any good and just overpaid.

We have been talking about TT for years...so it wasn't just about the one game, it has a bigger picture. But thank you for bringing up +/- it adds nothing to the conversation lol
I'd say in a single game the stat doesn't tell you much. But over a season it does mean something. Not a ton, but not nothing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I saw Heat fans constantly talking about Herro being untouchable then I would agree. I saw one poster say that that which is fine. Fans hyping their youngins is what this place is all about.

You and Wiggy seem obsessed with the Heat which is a little weird to me since they haven't been relevant in 6 years.
As I said before, many Cavs fans will never get over The Decision. Especially Wiggy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say in a single game the stat doesn't tell you much. But over a season it does mean something. Not a ton, but not nothing.

It definitely would be the last thing I look at in a box score, now that I think about it, I never look at +/- lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would add I'm really not sure which Cavs have been so overvalued recently. Pretty sure all the cavs fans have said TT wont continue on his current pace and will be more in the 11-14 ppg and 10-11 rpg area. And, yes, those numbers go way down if he's traded to a team who doesn't need scoring.
totally agree

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, many Cavs fans will never get over The Decision. Especially Wiggy

I was upset like every Cavs fan, but I have said this before...I wasn't surprised and there was nothing in CLE for him at that time. They did a poor job. The 2nd time around I still think they could have changed a few things but they did a pretty damn good job and got one ship. That's all they needed for the city of Cleveland, obviously with that first Finals and the Kyrie injury I always think of what more could come of that run but ohh well...shit happens.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have known you would have beaten me to this. I think if I find anything older than 30 minutes on my timeline, I'm just gonna assume you posted it from now on. LOL.

Yeah good bet at least during working hours. I keep a tab open on Bleacher Report twitter

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wanna be Steph.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But a big shooting 8-18 going to the line 1 time isn't what I consider a good game. Is it a terrible game? No. But hardly a noteworthy performance statistically speaking.

You are free to say that he actual play was better than his stat line.

I wonder if those who got on me for commenting about a game and not seeing the game will call you out. Actually, I don't wonder. They wont.

Isn't to say I don't think you can have an opinion without seeing the game. But there is more to the game than shooting %, right? 13 rebounds, I believe with 5 offensive. 4 assists. And also was assigned to limit Giannis' scoring and he shot even worse.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that Zion guy too.

I would not say they struggled. They had a 20 point lead most of the game.

Let’s reevaluate the Warriors toward the end of November. Their slate of games next month is not brutal, but it is fairly tough. If they aren’t at or near .500 by then, it is fair to say they suck. If they they are, then chances are this stretch was just a blip of bad basketball that happens to every team over an NBA season.

Either way, they have some work to do.

I know. I was just busting his chops a little bit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he debates with Miami fans? I have done the same and I'm well past the Decision. Hell, I'm even over his latest bolting out of town.

No title? Might be a different story.
Yes, because he maniacally vomits up Heat ripping posts endlessly. He's obsessed. Dude just started ANOTHER TT vs Whiteside thread....and Whiteside ain't even on the Heat anymore!