• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman watching Cavs/Celtics G7 2018 ECF and man you guys gave this away. Went cold and they were attempting a ridiculous amount of 3's like they were the Rockets or Warriors and there wasn't a single deadly 3 pt shooter on this roster.
Sorry... unplugged for a few days.

I remember this game well... you are spot on.

C's "should have" won... for all the good that "should haves" are.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers are getting better now this isn't debatable.

As a whole, perhaps. In different locales, definitely not. It's not like the entire world is on the same clock for this pandemic, clearly.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole, perhaps. In different locales, definitely not. It's not like the entire world is on the same clock for this pandemic, clearly.
Sure there are pockets but the overall numbers are unquestionably getting better. And the place hardest hit, NYC, is also getting better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there are pockets but the overall numbers are unquestionably getting better. And the place hardest hit, NYC, is also getting better.

New York state cases as a whole are still on a relatively flat slope increase daily. It's great news that fewer are dying, but those daily cases have to fall almost completely before the lock downs are lifted, or we risk a second wave if no treatment found.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York state cases as a whole are still on a relatively flat slope increase daily. It's great news that fewer are dying, but those daily cases have to fall almost completely before the lock downs are lifted, or we risk a second wave if no treatment found.

You are trying too hard to find negatives. The cases don't matter, because increased testing leads to higher numbers there. The deaths are what matters, as does hospital capacity. It's getting better.

Lockdowns will be slowly lifted for SOME things in 2-3 weeks IMO. Those at risk will still need to take strong precautions (the elderly, those with diabetes and respiratory problems, etc).

We are winning.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying too hard to find negatives. The cases don't matter, because increased testing leads to higher numbers there. The deaths are what matters, as does hospital capacity. It's getting better.

Lockdowns will be slowly lifted for SOME things in 2-3 weeks IMO. Those at risk will still need to take strong precautions (the elderly, those with diabetes and respiratory problems, etc).

We are winning.

No way will lockdowns be lifted before May. That's crazy talk

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah that’s not happening. I do agree things are getting better as well, just going to take a while.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't say they would all be lifted. He said that they would slowly start being lifted on SOME things.

Not sure what slowly being lifted entails. Maybe grocery stores keep the special shopping hours for senior citizens, but stop limiting the numbers of people the rest of the day? Or increase the number they allow in at a time?

Maybe restaurants are allowed to have people eat at the restaurant, but with empty tables/booths between groups (sort of "half capacity")?

Start allowing people to use parks and beaches.

There are several things that can be lifted or lessened that could also be re-enacted quickly if there's another outbreak.

As @shopson67 said, the whole world isn't on the same clock with this. So I would expect that we will see the areas that haven't been hit as hard start seeing a return towards normal sooner than places that were hit hard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say they would all be lifted. He said that they would slowly start being lifted on SOME things.

Not sure what slowly being lifted entails. Maybe grocery stores keep the special shopping hours for senior citizens, but stop limiting the numbers of people the rest of the day? Or increase the number they allow in at a time?

Maybe restaurants are allowed to have people eat at the restaurant, but with empty tables/booths between groups (sort of "half capacity")?

Start allowing people to use parks and beaches.

There are several things that can be lifted or lessened that could also be re-enacted quickly if there's another outbreak.

As @shopson67 said, the whole world isn't on the same clock with this. So I would expect that we will see the areas that haven't been hit as hard start seeing a return towards normal sooner than places that were hit hard.

I think that's still dangerous. Imagine the shit show if some places start opening restaurants for dine in then cases start growing in those states? Best to be cautious instead of rushing imo

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not in NYC

Much of the country I'm pretty sure will start to slowly open up in a few weeks. With precautions. It won't be back 100% anywhere like it was before, for a long time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's still dangerous. Imagine the shit show if some places start opening restaurants for dine in then cases start growing in those states? Best to be cautious instead of rushing imo

First off, those are just several possible examples of what it could look like. I'm not advocating any particular order. I'd expect most of those decisions to be made at more of a local level.

2-3 weeks from now, isn't too soon if the numbers support it.

In the county I live in, there are 2.5 million people...we've had 39 deaths.

In the city I live in, we've had 1 confirmed case.

Giving it another 2-3 weeks and then starting to ease restrictions if the numbers stay like they are would likely be fine here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not in NYC

Much of the country I'm pretty sure will start to slowly open up in a few weeks. With precautions. It won't be back 100% anywhere like it was before, for a long time.

dangerous game if you're talking about the bigger states.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who think this is over in a few weeks better buckle up

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting over 1,000 cases per day recently doesn't= open back up the state in 2 weeks .
Ok I don't want to keep going back and forth on this, we'll all be seeing what happens.

But in summation: cases don't matter, because of ramping up testing. Deaths matter. 1000 cases a day in a state of 36 million is nothing. There will be limited gradual opening up of some places in a few weeks (I did not say two)

Everyone keeps posting in absolutes. I say we need to figure out how to get back to normal, I'm accused of thinking this is nothing and wanting to end all precautions right now. I say there will be a gradual opening up of some things in some areas, and I'm accused of thinking this will all be over in a few weeks.

Come on guys

So let's hope I'm right. If I'm not, oh well I'm not.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who think this is over in a few weeks better buckle up

Over....goodness no

I just am of the impression people think this was to save lives...saving lives is a benefit yes but it is to keep the healthcare system afloat. By end of April Ohio will be at six weeks. At what point do you start opening things?

The mitigation efforts here have proven successful. We are talking a very manageable situation.

Opening back up means it likely spikes again in a month or two. But to what end. The Spanish flu largely had a second wave also

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just am of the impression people think this was to save lives...saving lives is a benefit yes but it is to keep the healthcare system afloat. By end of April Ohio will be at six weeks. At what point do you start opening things?

I posted earlier, I think it depends on what the numbers say.

In the county I live in, there are 2.5 million people and we've had 39 deaths.

The city I live in has had 1 confirmed case.

If the numbers are still like that in a couple of weeks...why not start to slowly ease up on things?