• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unFUCKINGbelievable how some of these clowns are behaving.

Some dickhead college kids thought it'd be a great idea to throw a party in a airbnb rental in my neighborhood.

The cops shut that shit down and the owner kicked them out immediately.

Our entire block filed a grievance with the homeowners association so that they can institute strict language that says people can't have those types of rentals in our community.

Stupid fucking, money hungry pricks.

Going to drop this here.

'Influencer' in hospital with coronavirus just days after posting a video of himself licking toilet | Daily Mail Online

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these recent large gathers are a real WTF moment. But it is mindboggling how many people refuse to believe what's really going on.

There's also a good portion that do it for kicks and a following; it's more with young people. Life's about to hit them hard though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a good portion that do it for kicks and a following; it's more with young people. Life's about to hit them hard though.

Those gen-Zer's/millennials (or whatever the fuck they're called) are in for a real eye opener.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also kooky talk. Scare tactics and lunacy. Not sure which is worse.
Both are equally as bad.

Throwing parties is just as dumb as buying cases of toilet paper.

But, only one of those things risk unnecessary exposure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should go tell KAT not to panic. Covid 19 is just like the flu.

I'm sure she'll snap back from her Coma and be good to go when the Country opens back up by Easter.

People need to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Stay home, take this seriously because
everything we think we know changes every single day.

Wealth, affluence, ARROGANCE and burying your head in the sand won't save you.

Karl-Anthony Towns on Instagram: “Sharing my story in the hopes that everyone stays at home! We need more equipment and we need to help those medical personnel on the front…”
While I appreciate everything you are doing and hope your daughter (and rest of family) stay safe, not sure how this is appropriate.

I mean...a lot of people, like Towns' mom, do in fact get very sick from the flu. Pretty sure 20K+ have already died from the flu this year.

I am not saying they are the same thing, but a mom getting very sick is not proof of anything really. Hope she gets better...as I do anyone who is in bad shape.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is why I let you cyber-smash.

I don't wish illness, nor injury, on anyone.

But, damn....

Karma really is that bitch...lol

you sure it's the ONLY reason you let him cyber-smash...?:heh:

sorry, the no sports boredom is killing me...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I appreciate everything you are doing and hope your daughter (and rest of family) stay safe, not sure how this is appropriate.

I mean...a lot of people, like Towns' mom, do in fact get very sick from the flu. Pretty sure 20K+ have already died from the flu this year.

I am not saying they are the same thing, but a mom getting very sick is not proof of anything really. Hope she gets better...as I do anyone who is in bad shape.
It's proof that none of us have any idea who will be harshly affected and who won't.

All these morons running around saying it's only killing old people and people who have previous medical problems are talking out of their asses.

Maybe you guys are unaware that viruses have a way of mutating, changing, becoming resistant to medications.

If that's the case, maybe stop spouting half truths , like they are facts.

Because, there are a lot of folks dumb enough to believe shit they read on a random website, hear some Yahoo spouting on Instagram.

None of us have any idea.

That includes the nurses, Doctors and random assholes on the internet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People need to stop comparing this to the standard flu. It is not helping.

People talking this down are way too focused on individual patients and how sick they do or don’t get.

That is not what makes this virus so dangerous. It is how quickly and easily it spreads. Sorry, but I have never seen seasonal flu take over a city like covid19 has taken over NY. The flu does not do that. People get sick more easily and they stay sick longer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People talking this down are way too focused on individual patients and how sick they do or don’t get.

That is not what makes this virus so dangerous. It is how quickly and easily it spreads. Sorry, but I have never seen seasonal flu take over a city like covid19 has taken over NY. The flu does not do that. People get sick more easily and they stay sick longer.
It's absolutely RIDICULOUS.

But, people on both sides are so dug in that it's pointless to continue to debate.

Perception is reality.

If you don't witness it with your own eyes, it's easy to dismiss.

I pray reality doesn't bite them in their asses in the worst way imaginable.

This virus is horrible.

Even if it doesn't kill you, how can you live with yourself if you are risking the safety of people that it could kill?

I'm not willing to make someone else the victim of my hubris.

But, everyday I run into a different asshole who is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...

The fact is, it is mainly elderly people and people who have other health issues who are dying. In this respect it is very similar to every flu season.

Additionally, not every area or profession is experiencing this the same way.

In places like NY, LA and the Bay area, it crowded and people are coming in and going out from all over the country and world. So the effect there is different from areas where there are fewer people and things are more spread out.

Where I live, I can run around town all day long and never come within 6 feet of another person if I don't want to. In some parts of LA, you can step outside your front door and immediately be within 6" of another person.

Folks in the medical profession, especially those in hospital er's and in UC's are experiencing this differently than other occupations because they not only get the people who are infected (along with those who are there for other reasons), they also get the idiots who are showing up with no symptoms demanding tests and Plaquenil.

Having said that, people need to use common sense too. Example, just because I live in an area that is unlikely to be effected much (we're actually more likely to have issues with the flu), doesn't mean anyone here needs to be running around, tempting fate as if there's nothing to be concerned about.

The scariest thing about this one, imo, is the number of people who can have it and never have a single symptom. That alone should have folks behaving differently.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...

The fact is, it is mainly elderly people and people who have other health issues who are dying. In this respect it is very similar to every flu season.

In places like NY, LA and the Bay area, it crowded and people are coming in and going out from all over the country and world. So the effect there is different from areas where there are fewer people and things are more spread out.

Where I live, I can run around town all day long and never come within 6 feet of another person if I don't want to. In some parts of LA, you can step outside your front door and immediately be within 6" of another person.

Folks in the medical profession, especially those in hospital er's and in UC's are experiencing this differently than other occupations because they not only get the people who are infected (along with those who are there for other reasons), they also get the idiots who are showing up with no symptoms demanding tests and Plaquenil.

Having said that, people need to use common sense too. Example, just because I live in an area that is unlikely to be effected much (we're actually more likely to have issues with the flu), doesn't mean anyone here needs to be running around, tempting fate as if there's nothing to be concerned about.

The scariest thing about this one, imo, is the number of people who can have it and never have a single symptom. That alone should have folks behaving differently.

Exactly right. Some folks are making it into this binary thing, either it's nothing and no one should worry or do anything to protect themselves and others (idiotic) or it's going to kill us all and we should shut down the entire world for a year to be safe and never leave the house (also idiotic).

We are basically doing what we need to. Work from home if you can, wash your hands often, self quarantine with ANY symptoms of anything (fever, cough, sneezing), go out when necessary, social distance when you do. Yes some idiots are having parties and licking stuff. These people need to have their asses kicked. But there is no reason for those of us doing the things I just listed to be shamed or yelled at for not taking it seriously enough.

One can take this not seriously enough, and one can take this too seriously. Try to find the middle way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic.

James Dolan was the 1 owner who wanted to keep playing with fans a couple weeks ago.

Now NY is absolutely ravaged.

Stay safe @bksballer89 and all other New Yorkers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they finish the season, will they be holding up the trophy wearing latex gloves?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 36 year old teacher in NYC died from it a few days ago. My coworker 21 or 22 year old is hospitalized in bad shape with it right now

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. Some folks are making it into this binary thing, either it's nothing and no one should worry or do anything to protect themselves and others (idiotic) or it's going to kill us all and we should shut down the entire world for a year to be safe and never leave the house (also idiotic).

We are basically doing what we need to. Work from home if you can, wash your hands often, self quarantine with ANY symptoms of anything (fever, cough, sneezing), go out when necessary, social distance when you do. Yes some idiots are having parties and licking stuff. These people need to have their asses kicked. But there is no reason for those of us doing the things I just listed to be shamed or yelled at for not taking it seriously enough.

One can take this not seriously enough, and one can take this too seriously. Try to find the middle way.
...and one can state things as fact when they have absolutely no idea what they speak of.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...

So, perception is reality, right?

This is nothing like the flu.

The Flu doesn't spread this far, this fast.

The Flu doesn't live on surfaces for 3 days.

...most importantly, the flu has a cure.

People are treating this like we can definitively predict the outcome based on what we THINK.We know about the flu epidemic of based on what has occurred in other parts of the world.

That's going to lead to more unnecessary deaths.

It was only killing the old and ill in other parts of the world, until it wasn't.

We have no idea what the ramifications of contracting this virus will be in 5 months, let alone 5 years.

Last edited: