• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have more people with the virus who aren't being tested our death rate is even lower. Don't know what else to tell you, it's plainly worse in Italy right now, for all the reasons I said.

It's really bad there....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife takes Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine) for her lupus. I never get sick, but with her suppressed immune system, she catches damn near everything.

We were joking last night that this may finally be something that I'm more likely to catch than she is.

But yeah, even if they fast track it, this thing is likely to be over or mostly over before testing is completed on it. The one possible advantage is that it's a drug that doctors are already familiar with and know the side effects, so that may help speed things up.

So I thought about your post today when I saw a report that some doctors are worried about their lupus patients being able to get their medicine because people are demanding chloroquine prescriptions thinking its a covid cure (not proven) Some doctors are actually giving it to them and its causing delays in lupus patients getting their meds and if it grows, it could cause shortages. Just thought you might want to be aware of that possibility so you and your wife can plan out a way to continue to get her meds.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just facts. Our death rate is 1.3%, theirs is 9%. Our positive cases per million population is 83, theirs is 881.

People trying to use Italy and say that's where we're headed are forgetting that Italy is a different situation than ours.

They have an older population, they are heavy smokers and they have the worst air quality in Europe. The last I heard, the average age of people who have died from this in Italy is something like 79 years old and the majority had other health issues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I thought about your post today when I saw a report that some doctors are worried about their lupus patients being able to get their medicine because people are demanding chloroquine prescriptions thinking its a covid cure (not proven) Some doctors are actually giving it to them and its causing delays in lupus patients getting their meds and if it grows, it could cause shortages. Just thought you might want to be aware of that possibility so you and your wife can plan out a way to continue to get her meds.

That's good info to have. I know she just refilled her meds and she usually does that about a week or so before she's out, so she's probably got a good 5-6 week supply right now.

Just shows there's some info the public doesn't need. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some foreign born guys actually want to leave the Country and can't.

I don't feel sorry for a bunch of millionaires.

But, they have every right to want a resolution.

I'm more worried about the working class poor that are forced out of their hourly jobs at Target because the States have made it mandatory to stay at home......

WHICH EVERYONE SHOULD BE DOING!!!
somewhat agree, but this is not all about how much money you make. as Kevin Love (and others) have shown, millionaires can be depressed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont buy our total cases number whatsoever to me the real story is who is dying from the thing.

Our serious/critical number hasn't budged either which I also find exceptionally hard to believe.

It does seem we are doing better at handling the cases though which makes sense since we have a larger population than Spain/Italy.

Just example on case number they're starting to tell people they are "presumptive positive" but not wasting a test on them. Basically ordering them into quarantine without a test.

Perhaps @Mecca can confirm that but read a story on a local woman who said that was her case.
Agree....to me, the numbers to look at are deaths compared to cases.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as "presumptive positive" I would think if you have even a fever right now, no matter why, you need to self quarantine. No test needed.
agree....that should be done for benefit of others. As for yourself, unless you were old and/or had underlying conditions pretty sure even if positive they would say stay home unless you have breathing issues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my son and I and another friend have decided that we're going to have some "morbid fun" with this.

Yesterday the friend came over and we watched the first 2 episodes of The Stand. He's coming back over for the last 2 episodes today.

At some point we'll be watching The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Contagion, Outbreak, etc.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People trying to use Italy and say that's where we're headed are forgetting that Italy is a different situation than ours.

They have an older population, they are heavy smokers and they have the worst air quality in Europe. The last I heard, the average age of people who have died from this in Italy is something like 79 years old and the majority had other health issues.
This.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as "presumptive positive" I would think if you have even a fever right now, no matter why, you need to self quarantine. No test needed.

Exactly. It's basically common sense and doing the things we should be doing every flu season.

If you're sick or are starting to have symptoms...stay home. Other people don't want to catch whatever shit you have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's basically common sense and doing the things we should be doing every flu season.

If you're sick or are starting to have symptoms...stay home. Other people don't want to catch whatever shit you have.
This is why that CNO made that comment to me......"need a catchy name for the flu every year....."

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't eat bats, cats, seals and eels.