• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some sports in my life....this shit might just drive me nuts.....and not being able to bet sucks too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these governors are either trying to scare the shit out of us or this is about to be the longest 4-8 months ever.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some sports in my life....this shit might just drive me nuts.....and not being able to bet sucks too.

The betting is killing me. I was doing several $1 bets on fan duel daily....Now I have nothing

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these governors are either trying to scare the shit out of us or this is about to be the longest 4-8 months ever.

A little of both I think. The NYC numbers are pretty alarming. Everyone has to tighten up sooner than later so we can get past this faster

But you're in pretty much the worst hit spot in the US it appears. Sorry man

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little of both I think. The NYC numbers are pretty alarming. Everyone has to tighten up sooner than later so we can get past this faster

But you're in pretty much the worst hit spot in the US it appears. Sorry man
For now

The governor is doing a great job

Florida and Cali are going to be next.
Those beach parties a few days ago with make sure of it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The betting is killing me. I was doing several $1 bets on fan duel daily....Now I have nothing

That's called withdrawal. Congrats. You've just discovered you're a gambling addict

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called withdrawal. Congrats. You've just discovered you're a gambling addict

I was getting so close to hitting lol. The Monday before the NBA season was suspended I went 4-2 in a 6 team $1 parlay

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a pretty decent idea to not have athletes from all over the world flying around

Postpone until 2021

I don't see why they haven't already done this. Honestly, how hard can it really be logistically to delay it for a year? All the venues will still be there. The media will still cover it. All the money that was to be made will just come later. Probably most all of the athletes wouldn't mind another year to train as well. So what if that means there's just a 3 year gap until the next one. It can't be that hard.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they haven't already done this. Honestly, how hard can it really be logistically to delay it for a year? All the venues will still be there. The media will still cover it. All the money that was to be made will just come later. Probably most all of the athletes wouldn't mind another year to train as well. So what if that means there's just a 3 year gap until the next one. It can't be that hard.

My biggest fear is they get the "all clear in about six months and we start cranking up the new seasons and delays, then some NBA or NFL star tests positive and this shit starts all over again

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now

The governor is doing a great job

Florida and Cali are going to be next.
Those beach parties a few days ago with make sure of it

Yes had a friend down there just before st Pat's and it was wall to wall people on top of each other

The locals probably wouldn't necessarily get it with it having a hard time breeding in humidity but all the tourists likely brought it there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next 3 summers can be great.

This summer possibly basketball and soccer in the summer.

Next summer, the olympics and some big international soccer tournaments.

The world cup in the summer of 2022.

Just need corona to be out of here by June so we can get some sports in the summer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear is they get the "all clear in about six months and we start cranking up the new seasons and delays, then some NBA or NFL star tests positive and this shit starts all over again

You could be right but I don't think that's too likely (though it is a possibility). Lifting restrictions isn't so much an "all clear" sign as it is saying that the number of cases is controllable by our medical system. Now what that means could vary. Could mean there's vaccines, could be known "cures", or stuff like there's enough medical equipment and knowledge around to quarantine individuals in far smaller numbers. Like you wouldn't see full state or nationwide lockdowns if some cases come in, but maybe section off areas of a city. The virus isn't likely to "go away" any time soon. It's just going to be more manageable. The response we're seeing now is just do to lack of preparedness; some of governments' own makings and some because its a new virus with no vaccines in place.

My guess is sports teams will take extra precaution when things start up again. I'd bet most assuredly things will play it with no fans and they'll encourage all their players to limit any kind of outside contact just to make sure they can play the games and not have to quarantine an entire team, which could mess up the season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just need corona to be out of here by June so we can get some sports in the summer.

NBA and USA basketball are probably openly lobbying for a postponement this year. Because when the NBA season starts back up (I'm always gonna be hopeful), you can pretty much bet its gonna conflict with the current Tokyo games. Doing what you said would work out great for everyone involved

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love your optimism. I wouldnt hold my breath for any sports anytime soon