• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting the #'s in CA to increase very fast within the next week.

If I'm understanding this right, the Worldometer site stops counting new results for the day at 8:00PM Eastern or so (no idea why). But right after that when I went back to check the US went from having like 5500 new cases to much less. So I think according to their counter March 21 had around the same number of new cases as March 20. Which would be huge (although just one data point).

It's already up to 2800+ now so maybe March 22 will be a very big number. But still, the last two days have broken the exponential growth trend. Hopeful signs.

United States Coronavirus: 26,684 Cases and 340 Deaths - Worldometer

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm understanding this right, the Worldometer site stops counting new results for the day at 8:00PM Eastern or so (no idea why). But right after that when I went back to check the US went from having like 5500 new cases to much less. So I think according to their counter March 21 had around the same number of new cases as March 20. Which would be huge (although just one data point).

It's already up to 2800+ now so maybe March 22 will be a very big number. But still, the last two days have broken the exponential growth trend. Hopeful signs.

United States Coronavirus: 26,684 Cases and 340 Deaths - Worldometer

I dont buy our total cases number whatsoever to me the real story is who is dying from the thing.

Our serious/critical number hasn't budged either which I also find exceptionally hard to believe.

It does seem we are doing better at handling the cases though which makes sense since we have a larger population than Spain/Italy.

Just example on case number they're starting to tell people they are "presumptive positive" but not wasting a test on them. Basically ordering them into quarantine without a test.

Perhaps @Mecca can confirm that but read a story on a local woman who said that was her case.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a
I dont buy our total cases number whatsoever to me the real story is who is dying from the thing.

Our serious/critical number hasn't budged either which I also find exceptionally hard to believe.

It does seem we are doing better at handling the cases though which makes sense since we have a larger population than Spain/Italy.

Just example on case number they're starting to tell people they are "presumptive positive" but not wasting a test on them. Basically ordering them into quarantine without a test.

Perhaps @Mecca can confirm that but read a story on a local woman who said that was her case.
There are a number of reasons we are doing better than Spain and Italy: younger population, less densely packed, cultural differences (those folks like to kiss hello and goodbye, multigenerational families living together, a lot more smoking), better health Care system, etc

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as "presumptive positive" I would think if you have even a fever right now, no matter why, you need to self quarantine. No test needed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a number of reasons we are doing better than Spain and Italy: younger population, less densely packed, cultural differences (those folks like to kiss hello and goodbye, multigenerational families living together, a lot more smoking), better health Care system, etc

I would love to see a day by day comparison of Italy and USA when it comes to the corona. Right now, I'm just going by word of mouth when they keep saying we're on a similar pace

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a day by day comparison of Italy and USA when it comes to the corona. Right now, I'm just going by word of mouth when they keep saying we're on a similar pace
We're not. It's far worse there on all metrics, positive tests per capita, death rates, etc

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as "presumptive positive" I would think if you have even a fever right now, no matter why, you need to self quarantine. No test needed.

No doubt but I can see wanting the official confirmation to bury yourself away for 14 days lol

Just saying it seems it's becoming practice for us to be ordering into quarantine without that case becoming official as to our statistics since the person is stable anyway.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this upcoming week is huge.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt but I can see wanting the official confirmation to bury yourself away for 14 days lol

Just saying it seems it's becoming practice for us to be ordering into quarantine without that case becoming official as to our statistics since the person is stable anyway.
I don't care what they want, you got a fever you do it.

But yes there are probably many of us who have it and don't even know and never will. I just do not think that means mass death.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just facts. Our death rate is 1.3%, theirs is 9%. Our positive cases per million population is 83, theirs is 881.

also pretty sure we're not testing as much currently compared to Italy.

Also, something tells me Italy death rate wasn't 9% so early in the game either. Not saying it is going to get as bad as Italy but those numbers tell me very little knowing that we didn't really start testing a lot until late last week/early this week

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, something tells me Italy death rate wasn't 9% so early in the game either. Not saying it is going to get as bad as Italy but those numbers tell me very little knowing that we didn't really start testing a lot until late last week/early this week

That's why the next week to ten days is critical. If our system holds up chances are we can avoid getting as bad as Italy. If it doesn't....well...it will be substantially worse.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we have more people with the virus who aren't being tested our death rate is even lower. Don't know what else to tell you, it's plainly worse in Italy right now, for all the reasons I said.