• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never defended anyone saying Kobe deserved it

Comment # 13212 in this thread you asked this question. how much longer before someone is allowed to say mean words about Kobe.

Odd question to ask. That's what you asked me after I said that teachers comments about him here outta line.

You really wanna keep this going fine. First you called me paranoid because I'm keeping up on this current event. That's hardly being paranoid. Then you called me testy for responding to you. Now that's funny.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see how "unhappy" he is this summer.

Will he opt out this summer and leave about 28M on the table for next year?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment # 13212 in this thread you asked this question. how much longer before someone is allowed to say mean words about Kobe.

Odd question to ask. That's what you asked me after I said that teachers comments about him here outta line.

You really wanna keep this going fine. First you called me paranoid because I'm keeping up on this current event. That's hardly being paranoid. Then you called me testy for responding to you. Now that's funny.
I did say that. Totally different from what you said I said.

Like I said, I have no beef with you and we're all a little testy these days so I'm happy to let it drop.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is boring as shit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

This whole thing right now is part real and part media driven hysteria.

Yes, people are dying. But so far, it looks to be mainly the same people that are at risk every flu season, older people, people with compromised immune systems and very young children.

My mother-in-law is 85 and my wife has lupus. We are taking the same precautions we have taken every flu season for about the past 5ish years.

My wife stays with her Mom (5 minutes away) so that she doesn't risk catching it from me or my son if either of us were to get sick. The 2 of them try to limit how much contact they have with people who aren't family and family knows to stay away if they have symptoms or have been around people who do.

This one seems a little stronger and seems to spread a little quicker, but end of the day, the overwhelming majority of people are going to either not get it, or recover just fine.

As for me, business as usual.
was talking with a Chief Nursing Officer of a major hospital system and he said he'd like to give a catchy name to the flu every year just so people remember to wash their hands.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was talking with a Chief Nursing Officer of a major hospital system and he said he'd like to give a catchy name to the flu every year just so people remember to wash their hands.

This is my biggest fear, are we going to shut the country/world down with every new virus?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my biggest fear, are we going to shut the country/world down with every new virus?

It is silly IMO but i'm totally expecting a country wide shutdown in a week or so like they have done in Italy, France, and Spain

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the mortality rate. Everyone keeps comparing it seasonal flus, but most flus have a mortality rate 0.1%, some are even less than that. This version of the coronavirus is tracking around 3%. Big difference. With treatment and procedures, they say they might be able to get it down around 0.5 to 0.7 . Still deadlier than the flu, but you'd probably see more stuff open up if it can get around that number or not close if it began at that number. That 3% number is why you're seeing the reactions you are worldwide. That, and since its new, they don't have vaccines ready to make for quick preventative measures.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the mortality rate. Everyone keeps comparing it seasonal flus, but most flus have a mortality rate 0.1%, some are even less than that. This version of the coronavirus is tracking around 3%. Big difference. With treatment and procedures, they say they might be able to get it down around 0.5 to 0.7 . Still deadlier than the flu, but you'd probably see more stuff open up if it can get around that number or not close if it began at that number. That 3% number is why you're seeing the reactions you are worldwide. That, and since its new, they don't have vaccines ready to make for quick preventative measures.

If you take out Hubei where it started and they didn't have any countermeasures, and the air quality is for shit and everyone smokes, the rate is far less. And still mostly old people. I just don't think we can do this every flu season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

This seems like a once in a lifetime set of circumstances that has led us to where we are today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good watch

I like Jimmy Butler. Can’t help it. He is a winner.

He can be a real asshole at times too, but that could also be said about some of the all time greats in NBA history.

Dude wants to win and he doesn’t tolerate guys who aren’t willing to work with him to get there. Seems he found the perfect locker room culture to go out and do his thing.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I feel a little bit bad for the Clippers. Giving up the farm to OKC to win a championship and now they don't have that chance.