• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Wiggins with 10 (TEN) assists tonight to go along with 22 pts and 5 rebounds. Nice win tonight Denver.

Since Wiggins has been with the Warriors he’s also set game career highs in blocks and steals.

I love it.

It will be interesting to see how he conforms to the team once everyone returns. Will he lose interest once he's the 3rd option?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Tatum, Lost Hayward before the half, Kemba on a minutes restriction.

Not an excuse.

There is no excuse to blow a lead like that and no excuse to collapse in the final minute and a half of the game.

Not an excuse. But, it is a reason.

Lots of teams take L's after losing 2 of their top 4 guys.

Bad loss. But, it happens.

I looked in quickly during the second half, saw the score, and didn't come back until the Lakers were supposed to start, shocked that they were in OT.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how he conforms to the team once everyone returns. Will he lose interest once he's the 3rd option?

Definitely there will be some adjustment period. But I don't think he'll lose interest because in the grand scheme his usage won't be that of a 3rd option. Teams will sell out hard on Curry and Thompson, and it'll create more efficient scoring opportunities for Wiggins. This year since he's been with the Warriors, his shots per game have decreased by 3 a game and that's with him playing with basically a G league roster. His PPG has only decreased by a little over 2 pts a game. I'm hoping that his efficiency there also spikes when he plays with guys the opposition actually has to guard.

So far I've been more impressed by his defensive effort than anything. In the 9 games with the Warriors, his DRTG is the best of his career and his ORTG is tied for his best.

Per 100 possessions his assists, steals and blocks are already the highest of his career.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but the C's defense was also an excuse why they lost.
The point is the C's were fielding a defense made up mostly of guys who aren't typically out there in crunch time.

Being down Tatum, Hayward and (at some point) Jaylen Brown kinda matters, and their absence shouldn't be brushed aside with a general attitude of play better defense (or similar such).

Check the line-up the C's were fielding in crunch time and OT last night.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose interest? What the heck?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose interest? What the heck?

Yeah I'm sure he prefers being the second option on a shit team where everyone hates him to being the third option getting tons of open looks on a contender and rehabbing his image

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm sure he prefers being the second option on a shit team where everyone hates him to being the third option getting tons of open looks on a contender and rehabbing his image

He wouldn't be the first guy to struggle with taking a lesser role on a better team. Some guys care more about personal stats than others.

I think he'll be just fine. Especially when he realizes that he's getting just as many points (or close to it) on fewer shots and while expending less energy.

Plus, it's not like he won't get chances to "go off". The Warriors have shown that they are perfectly happy to step back and feed the hot hand.

But, until we actually see it work, there's always the chance that it won't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was KAT that went into the toilet when Jimmy came aboard.

But, it's happened to other guys. Hopefully, he can flourish seeing as he will have very little pressure.

Nobody expects him to do any heavy lifting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*See Kyle Kuzma

Some guys don't do well, initially.

But, I don't think that will be the case with Wiggins.

He doesn't have a #1 or 2 motor or personality.

This role should suit him well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant end of discussion of my hatred of Harden, lol. Don't get ruffled over that...

Harden exaggerated because he was butthurt. Happens every day in the league.
Come on, you are my guy.

I'm just messing with you....lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be the first guy to struggle with taking a lesser role on a better team. Some guys care more about personal stats than others.

I think he'll be just fine. Especially when he realizes that he's getting just as many points (or close to it) on fewer shots and while expending less energy.

Plus, it's not like he won't get chances to "go off". The Warriors have shown that they are perfectly happy to step back and feed the hot hand.

But, until we actually see it work, there's always the chance that it won't.

This is definitely true, but Wiggins won't exactly be a 3rd option in the grand scheme of things. Curry will absolutely be option number 1, but after that it's a read and react motion offense. Kerr rarely, if ever, designs a play just for Klay. He rarely even designs plays for Steph (which is incredibly frustrating). Wiggins will be a cog within the offense. Not a #1, #2 or #3 offense. So it's a bit different, but I understand the skepticism. I'm skeptical myself and will need to see how it works.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smart not fouling a guy shooting a 3 when they have a 3 point lead with 1.2 seconds left probably should have been avoided as well. lol

Yeah, there is that...lol

He exacerbated the situation by acting like a loon post game.

You can't physically go after a ref like that.

Better be glad his teammate stopped him from going full Sprewell.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely true, but Wiggins won't exactly be a 3rd option in the grand scheme of things. Curry will absolutely be option number 1, but after that it's a read and react motion offense. Kerr rarely, if ever, designs a play just for Klay. He rarely even designs plays for Steph (which is incredibly frustrating). Wiggins will be a cog within the offense. Not a #1, #2 or #3 offense. So it's a bit different, but I understand the skepticism. I'm skeptical myself and will need to see how it works.

That system is a big reason why I think it will work. It creates easier opportunities for players while still allowing for their creativity.

Plus, because of the unselfishness they show, it's harder to focus on stopping or slowing an offense when you can't focus on one guy who's dominating the ball. They manage to do it without slipping into "taking turns" either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is that...lol

He exacerbated the situation by acting like a loon post game.

You can't physically go after a ref like that.

Better be glad his teammate stopped him from going full Sprewell.

I didn't see that part where he went after the ref. I was watching the Lakers by then. Yeah, he could have been looking at a long suspension for that.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how these fanbases are using the injury excuse every time they lose a game