• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he and the GM not say anything prior to the season then i wouldn't care. Reality is he doesn't know if dlo was a good or bad fit because steph barely played this season with him. Can't judge the guy when he had to play all season without the 2 top players

You didn't need to see them all healthy to know it was gonna be awkward though. Everyone knew what was up; that getting D'Lo was just getting an asset back to flip later. It doesn't bother me at all what they said prior to the season because all that stuff is just nonsense to go in the preseason hype videos.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't need to see them all healthy to know it was gonna be awkward though. Everyone knew what was up; that getting D'Lo was just getting an asset back to flip later. It doesn't bother me at all what they said prior to the season because all that stuff is just nonsense to go in the preseason hype videos.
Exactly. We were saying the same thing. He was a ball dominant PG, and not a great fit. But it was him or lose KD for nothing. I guarantee DLo doesn't have any problem with any of this. He was a total pro for his brief time here, he knew what was up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These refs are trash. Missed a clear goaltend. Embarrassing call.

Battling for a playoffs spot and you get screwed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs should really get suspended for a a week without pay for blown calls like this one.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. We were saying the same thing. He was a ball dominant PG, and not a great fit. But it was him or lose KD for nothing. I guarantee DLo doesn't have any problem with any of this. He was a total pro for his brief time here, he knew what was up

Obviously their plan was to be competitive before all the injuries piled up. D Lo could've helped them do that but definitely better to move on for both sakes.

Will be interesting to see if Wiggins matures with GS. His upside coming into the NBA was his defense maybe he will buckle down nowm

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see why TD2 wasn't drafted. He sounds like a complete moron in interviews but he is getting better at it. His BB IQ seems to be off the charts. Another massive performance by him tonight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't D-Lo and KAT and one other guy (I forget who) all want to play together?

Pretty sure I read that. So, it seems that D-Lo may have been unlikely to stay with the Warriors anyway.

And yeah, I think pretty much everyone said that D-Lo was just as likely to be flipped for assets as he was to actually stay.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously their plan was to be competitive before all the injuries piled up. D Lo could've helped them do that but definitely better to move on for both sakes.

Will be interesting to see if Wiggins matures with GS. His upside coming into the NBA was his defense maybe he will buckle down nowm
Yep. Like any move, it might work it might not. Maybe being the 3rd option and not having to be a leader will enable him to expend energy on D and not feel as much pressure. Like another said, the Harrison Barnes role. Being able to slash and cut vs having to create his own shot, etc. He's still young. Chris Paul shows how changing situations can really unlock something.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just not in your league with basketball analysis. He just fights over definitions of words like "small" or "a lot better" and so on. Fighting over minute vocabulary nuances is his brand. Or using empty numbers to explain why some player is "better" than another with no regard to fit or skillset or leadership or IQ. It's a hoot.
Only actual definition of small ball I could find was the following....I'm sure there are others, but this one showed up first and I didn't look past the first page of items....I did not highlight these words in the definition. They were highlighted in the original.

In basketball, small ball is a style of play that sacrifices height, physical strength and low post offense/defense in favor of a lineup of smaller players for speed, agility and increased scoring (often from the three-point line).

still a hoot?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want him to say "oh shit well he's just an asset we're going to dump at the deadline". Dude.
Never understood this rationale from fans. Browns new coach was ripped by some for saying he believed in Baker. Like with Baker probably listening (or he will hear it) he's gonna say, "that pick was doomed from the start. as of now we are looking for his replacement."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then he'll want to argue it to death.
Only if I can come up with something to enhance my point. Like this definition.

In basketball, small ball is a style of play that sacrifices height, physical strength and low post offense/defense in favor of a lineup of smaller players for speed, agility and increased scoring (often from the three-point line).

Never mind my original point was the idea 3 of 5 title teams used a 6-6 center is a little misleading as they also had a 7-0 center and/or a SF who played a ton of minutes and was 6-11.

But whatever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if I can come up with something to enhance my point. Like this definition.

Never mind my original point was the idea 3 of 5 title teams used a 6-6 center is a little misleading as they also had a 7-0 center and/or a SF who played a ton of minutes and was 6-11.

But whatever.

Whatever you say common denominator.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, like Damian Lillard knows more about basketball than Wiggy.

giphy.gif
while he might be off base on this, does this mean if he found a quote from Lebron, Kyrie, Love etc. praising TT then he would be right that TT is better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree that he should have danced around it but I 100% agree Kerr didn’t need to say this at all. Should have kept it to himself. Jerk move for sure.

This serves no purpose other than he’s trying to protect the front office in their decision to go after DLo in the first place. It’s like he’s trying to give the Warriors credit for flipping him for a better positional first. It’s not necessary and petty at best.
while I don't think much of Kerr just not sure how what he said was so terrible. Didn't sound like he slammed the guy and think most knew he'd be moved eventually.