• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was an enigma.

So, I can't refute any of this.

But, there are lots of celebrities out there that actually give a shit about the common folks.

Shaq has paid for many a funeral, bought cars, homes and created ways for people to become self sufficient.

Lost of others do it too and want to remain anonymous.

Kobe might not have been one of them. But, there are others that care.
don't mean to imply they don't care. But if a friend of mine and his/her child died, and they were informed, I don't think it affects their lives.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq disappointed me last night. I don't think he & kobe were ever friends
Seemed like they patched up their differences a while ago. I remember when shaq interviewed him. seemed like they were friendly

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like they patched up their differences a while ago. I remember when shaq interviewed him. seemed like they were friendly

All im going to say if you're friends with someone then you don't know nearly 4 years without talking to them especially when you're in the same city frequently enough. Had he said he didn't see kobe since his last game in 2016 then i would say they were friends

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All im going to say if you're friends with someone then you don't know nearly 4 years without talking to them especially when you're in the same city frequently enough. Had he said he didn't see kobe since his last game in 2016 then i would say they were friends
I heard he said this and that was surprising to me. Could be wrong, but seemed like that interview I mentioned took place less than 4 years ago.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think I can ever really like Shaq because as the oldest player and leader if the team, he was abusive to Kobe. I have no question that Kobe would have signed with another team that year before he would have played with Shaq one more year.

From what I have seen over the years, however both appear to have made friends and moved past all of it and that is impressive to me because Kobe didn't appear to hold any grudges and neither does Shaq

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq said Kobe was texting with Shareef the day before.

I think they were very civil, if not friends.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can talk about whatever you want, this is a public forum.

But, you'd probably get a lackluster response.

I'm hoping this changes by Sunday, but, right now, I don't even give a shit about the Superbowl.

I wasn't a fan of Kobe the player, for obvious Clipper-related reasons.

I'm sad for him, his family and the families of the other folks that lost their lives.

It took me a minute to realize why this event has me so shook.

It's not because I was a Kobe-stan, a Laker fanatic..

But, because I am a parent , with a daughter the same age as Gigi, that has been reminded of my mortality.

If it happened to him, it can happen to anyone.
As I said before, you clearly place human life and the value of life well over a game or any game. There is a grieving period and this loss is going to take you awhile for several reasons. One is that it makes you look at your own mortality and how blessed you have been to be in the land of the living. it's been five years in May since I lost my mother, I miss her much, but she said many times to continue living and make life what it should be for life belongs to us. When the grieving period is due, you will move forward. For me, I cherish all the times I took my mother out to eat, trips and etc and that's how Kobe would want us to remember him. Vaya Con Dios

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he said this and that was surprising to me. Could be wrong, but seemed like that interview I mentioned took place less than 4 years ago.
I thought so too.

I mean, if I had bad blood with someone, they most certainly would not ha a access to my kids.

Maybe it's different if the person is an adult...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq said Kobe was texting with Shareef the day before.

I think they were very civil, if not friends.

Yea i like that term. The beef was without a question dead. I just don't think they were friends because you don't not speak with a friend for 4 years. Sure when they were in the same building, it was good vibes

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To change the subject:

Kyle Lowry became the Raptors' all time assist leader last night. He's been quite the player for the Raptors during his time there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To change the subject:

Kyle Lowry became the Raptors' all time assist leader last night. He's been quite the player for the Raptors during his time there.
Think they gonna ride it out or make a trade?

I think the deadline is a week away.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

At least we will have a decent distraction with Portland vs. Rockets.

Westbrook vs. Dame Dollar is always a feisty afair.

Might have to watch it on mute depending on whose calling the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they gonna ride it out or make a trade?

I think the deadline is a week away.

Speaking of the trade deadline I wish there was a way the Celtics could get Andre Drummond.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

At least we will have a decent distraction with Portland vs. Rockets.

Westbrook vs. Dame Dollar is always a feisty afair.

Might have to watch it on mute depending on whose calling the game.

Just once I wanna see Screamin' A. Smith & Skippy Brainless call an NBA game.

:stephena:....................................................................... :skip:

And the sideline reporter could be sleepy Doris Burks.

download (1).jpg

:gaah:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last month in sports been ridiculous when it comes to death.

2 reporters died (1 from ESPN and a local reporter in Louisiana who covered LSU, Pelicans, Saints, and etc)
David Stern
Kobe Bryant
Chris Doleman, NFL HOF

That's 5 in a little more than a month.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got sportscenter on right now. This is a helluva stat. Since 1985 (the draft lottery) only 3 players have 70 points, 30 rebounds & 50% shooting in their first 4 games. Two of them are all time greats. Shaq & D. Robinson. The other is now Zion. I know it's only 4 games but damn. That's a pretty good list to be on.

I hate to say it. But looking forward to watching that puke from dook. If he can stay healthy he's gonna be something special. The only other player from that program in Durham I actually wanted to watch was Grant Hill.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Shaq's having a S.B. party. He was thinking of cancelling it after the news of Kobe & the others. But now he's donating all the proceeds to the victims families.