• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is still a good old boy network....rich and racist owners.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#plantationmentality

#TheRooneyruleisajoke

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hire worked out well, too.

But to say no one wanted him was absurd when we all know the Lakers wanted him. But whatever.

I don't think the Lakers wanted him, I think they were willing to hire him because Lebron liked him. If they didn't have Lebron, I doubt Lue gets an interview.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few questionable hirings for the NFL this year for sure. Mike Mccarthy to Dallas might be the best 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his resume in KC?

Look how Minny's season just ended.....vanilla game vs SF. And just 21 games as an OC.
You think a team should hire their HC based on 1 game? SF has a pretty good D if you weren't aware...littered with 1st rounders and Pro Bowlers.

His resume in KC shows he doesn't even call plays and coaches under a guy who runs the show on offense.

should be noted a number of regime changes in his career, and they all keep Stefanski.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is still a good old boy network....rich and racist owners.
Not possible they just think other people are more qualified and don't really care about skin color? I mean, these GMs make $5 mil/year. Winning is how they keep their job. I would think they'd want the best guy for the job.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyronn Lue Is Out of the Hunt for the Lakers’ Next Coach

The sides were unable to agree on contract terms, according to the people, with the Lakers willing to offer Lue only a three-year deal worth nearly $20 million — matching the time remaining on LeBron James’s contract with the team. Lue wanted a longer deal more in line with his status as a championship-winning coach

It makes sense what the Lakers were offering. Lue had yet to prove himself what he could do without Lebron and Lue felt he deserved more because he won a championship.

The Lakers were being cautious. They haven’t exactly had the best track record when it comes to head coaches after Phil.
Isn't that what I said?

He wanted the same contract length that the Lakers gave Luke.

Chris Haynes: Yahoo Sources: Lakers offered Tyronn Lue a three-year deal. Lue requested a five-year pact, same length issued to Luke Walton.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible they just think other people are more qualified and don't really care about skin color? I mean, these GMs make $5 mil/year. Winning is how they keep their job. I would think they'd want the best guy for the job.
Possibly both
I don't think the Lakers wanted him, I think they were willing to hire him because Lebron liked him. If they didn't have Lebron, I doubt Lue gets an interview.
They didn't want him.

But, not because he couldn't coach.

But, because of the very reason @Shaqdaddy11 and I speculated about earlier.

Lue was not the unanimous favorite to replace Walton among the Lakers’ many decision-makers in the wake of Magic Johnson’s abrupt April 9 resignation. He was indeed favored over Monty Williams, but there were some nagging fears among a minority of the team’s power brokers — as mentioned here previously — that hiring LeBron’s former Cleveland Cavaliers coach would be giving James too much control in Lakerland.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also want a HC that is willing to work with them. The GM's actually have to have a rapport with the coach and will insert the guy they think best suits that.

The GM's, in addition to coaches, have a vision for how the team should be built. If that coach doesn't align with the GM, then that causes major problems too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also want a HC that is willing to work with them. The GM's actually have to have a rapport with the coach and will insert the guy they think best suits that.

The GM's, in addition to coaches, have a vision for how the team should be built. If that coach doesn't align with the GM, then that causes major problems too.
and that is exactly what they have not done in the past. Finally, they have hired guys who will CHOOSE to work together and share the same vision.

some of the rumor going around have been absurd. Like turning in game plans to analytics' team on Fridays? And actual former players have reported they heard this.

People just don't think sometimes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 , @TurnUpTheHeat , @Heatles84

Me likey.

1. While they won't go for one of the big fish in Kevin Love or Chris Paul, the Miami Heat won’t be silent at the deadline.

Marcus Morris would be a perfect fit at power forward, given his toughness, defensive versatility and playoff experience.

1. Morris leads the New York Knicks with 19.1 points per game and is second in the NBA with a 46.9 percent success rate from three.

Miami should be willing to include a first-round pick (with 2025 being the first year it can do so) even on what could be a rental, if the Knicks are willing to take back the contract of either Dion Waiters or James Johnson. While neither would benefit the rebuilding Knicks yet, both turn into expiring contracts that could be flipped next season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me likey.

1. While they won't go for one of the big fish in Kevin Love or Chris Paul, the Miami Heat won’t be silent at the deadline.

Marcus Morris would be a perfect fit at power forward, given his toughness, defensive versatility and playoff experience.

1. Morris leads the New York Knicks with 19.1 points per game and is second in the NBA with a 46.9 percent success rate from three.

Miami should be willing to include a first-round pick (with 2025 being the first year it can do so) even on what could be a rental, if the Knicks are willing to take back the contract of either Dion Waiters or James Johnson. While neither would benefit the rebuilding Knicks yet, both turn into expiring contracts that could be flipped next season.

Like the way that sound. If we can get rid of Kelly and/or Waiters then it is a good deadline

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me likey.

Someone better be making a move for Galinari soon or the Thunder may just keep him and win the whole fn thing!