• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In DJ's defense, imo, white people, with Black children, are more sensitive to PERCEIVED racism than black folks are themselves.

As a parent, you know the urge to protect your children is not like anything else on this earth.

I'm not justifying what he says, I'm not saying I agree with him. This is not an excuse.

But, it is one of the reasons 2 people can look at a situation and see 2 wildly different things.

Obviously, I'm not white * not even the bottom of my feet * and can't really know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

But, I do know DJ. He, Mick and LAD are the only 3 people I actually have a real world relationship with, outside of these sports forums.

Well, unless you count @Heatles84 . But, what we do might be better defined as a business transaction, or when I get carried away, as a crime....lol

That's fair. It's interesting that we are now at a point where often times white people "see" racism where even most black folks don't. I don't know if that's good or bad. lol

I just don't like seeing folks jump to the racism card before examining other factors. It helps to hide and/or minimize real racism, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Kitchens was more qualified than Bienemy when they gave him the HC job?

Remind me how that turned out again?

Bieniemy is more qualified than Kitchens was. Kitchens was hired as head coach after only 8 games as OC after being various position coaches for the Browns, Cards, and Cowboys. Bieniemy has been OC for the Chiefs for 2 seasons now, after 5 years as RBs coach (Chiefs), 2 years as OC for Colorado (NCAA), and a previous stint in the NFL with the Vikings when he was assistant head coach for the offense in 2010 after previously being their RBs coach.

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. It's interesting that we are now at a point where often times white people "see" racism where even most black folks don't. I don't know if that's good or bad. lol

I just don't like seeing folks jump to the racism card before examining other factors. It helps to hide and/or minimize real racism, imo.
Totally agree.

All these false claims are the reason real racism is met with such cynicism.

Looking right at you, Myles Garrett.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Lakers going to trade? Their tradeable picks are gone. Kuzma for Redick isn't going to happen.

Lakers are more likely to be on the buyout market IMO.

Because it's the Pelicans, you are correct.

They already have all your trade assets and won't be doing you any more solids in our lifetime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need to trade for Tony Snell.

I don't think they have the pieces to win a bidding war for him unless they include Lebron or AD.
Are you thinking for help this year or to move him in a sign and trade for an elite FA in the offseason?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

More minutes take a greater toll than less minutes.

But an equal number of minutes over fewer games takes less toll. Playing 30 minutes every night is significantly more taxing than playing 36 but taking a game off every couple of weeks.
Lebron used to say something to this effect when he was questioned about his minutes here. Said if he got himself ready to play it did not matter how many he played. 42 or 36 made no difference to him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you done for me lately and he only has 21 games as an OC....
OK....but he called plays in those games. Next play Bienemy call will be his first.

By this "logic" does this mean if we needed a coach for just 1 year don't even put a call into Belichick if he were available since he lost his last game?

But, it's the Browns so I get it.....would rip them if they hired Saleh saying, "Browns being Browns...hired a guy because of one game".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan duel is frustrating.

Did a 4 team parlay

Had UVA(+2.5) to cover vs FSU. They lose by 4.
Had Detroit to cover vs Boston and went under on total points of 218.5.....The teams combined for 219
ouch

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true priveleged white person with his head firmly entrenched up his ass.
Yeah...except I was fine with the Hue Jackson hire and would have been OK had they went with Bienemy or Saleh. Just not with anyone because of race, ethinicity or skin color

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Kitchens was more qualified than Bienemy when they gave him the HC job?

Remind me how that turned out again?
Didn't turn out well. and when it happened I said hire him IF he is the best guy for the job. Not because you were afraid you'd lose him and/or needed someone to control.

Football Guy screwed it up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be working with a similar grouping of offensive talent to be fair, but that no show this past weekend is a bit scary (as was their slow start to the season before Cousins got more aggressive). Two talented WRs, a stud RB, and a potential TE target to pair with a talented if somewhat erratic QB, sounds similar. OL may be the big difference.
For my team I wouldn't even want them to care about the results of one game. And, yes, what you described does sound very familiar. Guessing they believe they'd have gotten to a lot better than 6-10 with Stefanski. Guy even got excellent QB play from Case Keenum.

I was always curious what the so-called analytics FO would have done had they been able to finish what they started. If they hire Berry, I guess we'll find out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In DJ's defense, imo, white people, with Black children, are more sensitive to PERCEIVED racism than black folks are themselves.

As a parent, you know the urge to protect your children is not like anything else on this earth.

I'm not justifying what he says, I'm not saying I agree with him. This is not an excuse.

But, it is one of the reasons 2 people can look at a situation and see 2 wildly different things.

Obviously, I'm not white * not even the bottom of my feet * and can't really know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

But, I do know DJ. He, Mick and LAD are the only 3 people I actually have a real world relationship with, outside of these sports forums.

Well, unless you count @Heatles84 . But, what we do might be better defined as a business transaction, or when I get carried away, as a crime....lol
Well said and didn't even need to tell anyone who might disagree with you he/she has his/her head up his/her ass.

Both sides can justify their opinions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieniemy is more qualified than Kitchens was. Kitchens was hired as head coach after only 8 games as OC after being various position coaches for the Browns, Cards, and Cowboys. Bieniemy has been OC for the Chiefs for 2 seasons now, after 5 years as RBs coach (Chiefs), 2 years as OC for Colorado (NCAA), and a previous stint in the NFL with the Vikings when he was assistant head coach for the offense in 2010 after previously being their RBs coach.
No doubt he was and I'm pretty sure everyone is aware the Freddie hire was a disaster. But not because he was white and they didn't hire someone who was black.

could make a better argument Greggggggg williams should have gotten the job over Bienemy (or Freddie). Far more experience and was successful in his short time in the role.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....but he called plays in those games. Next play Bienemy call will be his first.

By this "logic" does this mean if we needed a coach for just 1 year don't even put a call into Belichick if he were available since he lost his last game?

But, it's the Browns so I get it.....would rip them if they hired Saleh saying, "Browns being Browns...hired a guy because of one game".
To be fair, the Browns historical decisions justify the skepticism

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Browns historical decisions justify the skepticism
No doubt about that. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But those who have said (and not saying anyone has in this forum) they are just doing the same as always are off base. They are finally putting a GM and coach together who CHOSE to be together.