• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made valid points. But come on man! Tacko Fall being 6th with the limited minutes he's played is a joke. What's next? Maybe fans can start voting for retired players to play in the A.S. game. Don't you wanna see Patrick Ewing lumber up & down the floor?
That's definitely a surprise have to admit. Wouldn't have thought he'd be a fan favorite at this point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not possibly disagree more.

This, imo, is exactly why they should only count the fan vote.

The All Star game is, always has been and always should be, the fans game. The fans are why the game exists in the first place.

It's about who the fans want to see. There have always been players voted to the all star game even though they didn't have the numbers/playing time to truly be in the game, but fans wanted to see them.

Whether it's been young guys who haven't earned it yet or old guys who are no longer all star caliber players, there have always been guys who really don't belong, but the fans wanted to see them.

If the fans want Tacko... they should get Tacko. There are All NBA teams, All Defensive Teams, 6th Man of the Year and Most Improved Player Awards, etc. that aren't about the fans.

If the players, media, etc. are going to be any part of it...they should do away with the fan vote entirely and quit marketing it as "the fans game."

Only within reason.

if the fans want to vote in pre prime Yao Ming, that is one thing. But there should be some type of playing time requirement to even be an option.

Taco Fall is getting votes because he is a caricature. That isn’t right, IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only within reason.

if the fans want to vote in pre prime Yao Ming, that is one thing. But there should be some type of playing time requirement to even be an option.

That one is a strange one as it's usually the stars who might be hurt (like Kyrie) or a guy like Yao as you said or someone else with a lifetime achievement type vote.

But, it's one guy of the 40 on that list and there is almost zero chance he gets in. Rest of the list can be justified I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing this happened after some youngsters were doing Kyrie type dribbling? Don't blame him for getting pissed at times.

I've seen Lebron get upset, though, and other stars in similar situations.

I still think if he goes it might be to Denver. Porter keeps playing well and might be real tough to get him back in a deal (and have 2 Porter Jrs).

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Depends on how you define "ok". Right now, they're pretty bad (worst team in the league). Also really young and inexperienced, but still bad. Collins has missed time sure and should stabilize them a lot more, but Trae looks more like an empty numbers gunner to me. Despite his stat sheet, he still has quite a ways to go into maturing into a winning NBA basketball player. I saw some pieces last week comparing him and Luka so far and its laughable they even bothered to do that. They aren't close. Luka is clearly superior to anyone that watches both guys play. The rest of the roster is messy. John Collins is good, but he doesn't make THAT big of a difference.
Yeah, I hear ya... I actually thought a second before I chose that word "ok"... I meant it as word that is less than 'good', that's all.

Collins isn't just a solid player, he and Young have chemistry and give the Hawks some bread and butter on offense via the pick n' roll they can run.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made valid points. But come on man! Tacko Fall being 6th with the limited minutes he's played is a joke. What's next? Maybe fans can start voting for retired players to play in the A.S. game. Don't you wanna see Patrick Ewing lumber up & down the floor?

I agree he shouldn't be there based on his play. But the fans want what the fans want. I think it's fun.

It's not like the game counts. It's an exhibition game for the fans. I think some folks take it a little more seriously than it deserves.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really those who have complained about this if you look at the 40 players listed (top 10 for each category per conference) if you wanted it based on most deserving how many are really out of place? A handful?

Exactly. So some young guy who hasn't really earned it...or some old guy who isn't an all star caliber player anymore gets in...does it really matter?

Just about everyone the fans vote in has a solid case to be there. If the fans want a guy or 2 that don't really deserve it other than the fans like them...so what?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only within reason.

Why? I don't see the problem. Either it's the fans game or it isn't.

It's a meaningless exhibition that gets taken too seriously, imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I don't see the problem. Either it's the fans game or it isn't.

It's a meaningless exhibition that gets taken too seriously, imo.
I could understand fans not wanting Fall in the game. and at this point he wont be in the game, nor does it seem likely he makes it. so if he is keeping a better player out of the 6th spot in voting for that position who cares?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is going to return this season.....could be a nice addition sometime in 2nd half of season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is going to return this season.....could be a nice addition sometime in 2nd half of season.

Hell, I'd be OK with him coming back for the playoffs...

Course, sooner would help him get into basketball shape faster...

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers allowed 140 at home vs Memphis this afternoon

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers have exercised their "disable player exception" in their cap space, therefore Cousins can't return even if he gets healthy.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarren with 24 and Ja with 22 and 9 assists... The Grizzlies are getting better day by the day...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets keep losing and sounds like Kyrie won't play again this season. Going to be the 2nd time in 3 seasons where Kyrie missed a lot of the season. Going to be the 4th time in 8 years he played 60 games or fewer (excluding the 66 game regular season)

Hate to see it