• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

You need a couple like him.

Not more.

Too many and the forum goes to hell.

If the rational minded don’t significantly outnumber the crazies then you got problems.

And dude was crazy. 80% of his posts ignored reality to focus on 1 of his extreme biases.

Yeah, it's a bit of a balancing act to be sure. The crazies definitely make for some entertainment and lively debate.

But when there are too many/too crazy and others who don't want to get stuck in the crap that goes on for page after page start avoiding the forum, it's a problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wasn’t.

Being a superstar is about more than producing stats.

There are usually about 3 - 5 in the league at a given time. Now I believe there could be as many as 7 or 8, which is pretty much unprecedented.

But they all post elite numbers on top teams.

Like I said from the jump, you clearly have a lesser definition of “elite”. But I think most would agree with mine.
I think most would call AD elite at that time.....never mind you ignore he had that Cousins fellow and Holiday. Did I miss it or have you mentioned the teammates Love had in Minny on that level.

SI listed AD as the #6 player in the league in 2015

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/28/top-100-nba-players-2015-list

Bleacher report had him 7 the next year

2016-17 NBA Superstar Rankings: Top 25 Players Heading into the New Year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying that Love is better than Klay is bat shit fucking stupid, or catches Love's potential kids in the back of their throat.
No one on the level as anyone calling Tyler Herro untouchable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i had to look at Loves stats, and he had two seasobns 2011 to 2012 and 2013 to 2014 where he averaged 26 ppg and 10 rpg, and for the rest of his career never brok 19 ppg and 10 to 11.rpg. I have to agree with you that is not elite, but he is a really good player. Perhaps i didnt watch him play, but i was never impressed with his defensive skills.

in the meantime, Anthony hasn averaged 26 ppg and 10 rpg since about his third season and i like his defense with the Lakers.

i choose AD over the injury prone Love every day of the week.
I would also choose AD over Love. so? I would also call Davis elite his last 5-6 years in NO. You wouldn't?

And while never 26 AND 10, how about 20/15 and 18/14 for Love? Know many who put up those numbers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got his hand slapped so he's cut that out for the most part. To be fair, every time an argument with him goes on for pages it's obviously not just him posting. Some of you can't stop.

Wiggy looks like he's gone, which sucks, I liked him.
wouldn't say I've cut anything out. But you nailed that last comment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, never said it was. I just like having guys who know a thing or two to argue with here.

He's still young and a little insecure, but he'll be alright.
And just like he jumped to conclusions about why Butler didn't play not sure I would as to why he's not here. My guess is you are correct and it's how things are going in sports, but who knows?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD elevated himself to superstar status in 2018 when he carried his team to the second round of the playoffs after the Cousins injury.

He took a step back last season and appeared disinterested before eventually getting benched by a tanking Pelican squad. And very few here had AD listed as a top 5 player last summer as a result.

But 2018 showed he had best player in the league ability. So no, the Lakers did not get hoodwinked. AD today is a legit superstar.

And LOL at you. Just because you don’t agree, does not make my take “foolish”.

But guess what?

Saying Love is “elite” or saying he is better than Klay?

That is foolish. And I am being kind to describe it that mildly.
Saying AD was not elite before 2017 is, in fact, foolish whether I agree or not.

Love was elite and could make an argument a big capable of 20-10 season AND able to hit 3s is better than Klay. want to call him below elite and just a 5 time all star, though? Wouldn't call that a crazy opinion either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying AD was not elite before 2017 is, in fact, foolish whether I agree or not.

Love was elite and could make an argument a big capable of 20-10 season AND able to hit 3s is better than Klay. want to call him below elite and just a 5 time all star, though? Wouldn't call that a crazy opinion either.

Well, you are on an island on that one.

And that is why people like me call you a homer.

Thanks for clarifying!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you are on an island on that one.

And that is why people like me call you a homer.

Thanks for clarifying!
Calling AD elite makes me a homer, too? Weird you are trying to get away from that foolish comment. Guess I can understand why you might not want to comment on it. should have stopped a while back. Own it, brother.

But I always love the "I cannot refute what you said " SportsHoopla facepalm.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again, stats alone don’t make a player elite.

That term is reserved for the very best of the best. To do that you have to win.

Before 2017 AD was an elite fantasy player, not elite in real life. Just like Kevin Love in Minnesota.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling AD elite makes me a homer, too? Weird you are trying to get away from that foolish comment. Guess I can understand why you might not want to comment on it. should have stopped a while back. Own it, brother.

But I always love the "I cannot refute what you said " SportsHoopla facepalm.

There you go again.

I was obviously talking about Love.

Stronger case to made for AD. But I still don’t rank him as a true superstar until he broke through in 2018 without Cousins.

Pretty clear to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD was el
Once again, stats alone don’t make a player elite.

That term is reserved for the very best of the best. To do that you have to win.

Before 2017 AD was an elite fantasy player, not elite in real life. Just like Kevin Love in Minnesota.
AD was elite in fantasy, real life, etc. And a reason why Lebron specifically wanted each of them to help take his team to a title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

I was obviously talking about Love.

Stronger case to made for AD. But I still don’t rank him as a true superstar until he broke through in 2018 without Cousins.

Pretty clear to me.
There I go again? Never said you were not talking about Love. But I was also bringing up AD again who was part of the conversation. You foolishly think he wasn't elite. Your right, I guess.

And, of course, that Lebron fellow wanted both Love and AD. No, does not mean they are equal. AD was and is better. But Love was a perfect complement to Lebron. I'd call him elite in Minnesota. You want to just call him great or now 5 time all star? Have at it.

There you go again doubling down on foolish.