• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends....not if a team needs a stretch 4 who will do whatever a team asks. If you mean contract just makes it tough as teams might not have salaries to match because they want to keep those player, though, I agree.

I think it's got to be the bold. Any contending team would benefit from Kevin Love.

He's not going to help you defensively, but his 3 point shooting and rebounding make up for it. The fact that he can score in the paint doesn't hurt either.

If they had the assets, I'd bet Pelinka would be on the phone with the Cavs right now and Lebron would be blowing up Love's phone. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked him up in my fantasy league before any one noticed his improvement. Ive been quite happy about that move

I picked him up in two of my 3 leagues within the 1st week or so...got lucky

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam is a poor man’s Tristan Thompson.

LOL.

More like a rich man’s Draymond Green.

Very nice player.

Love would fit very well with that Heat team tbh.

Love can be a 2nd or 3rd option.
The perfect fit is for Love to go to a very good defensive team, like the Celtics, Heat, etc. Having players around him that play though defense will not only help his lack of defense but encourage him to play defense (especially a coach like Spolestra)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have said they're officially ready to talk about a Kevin Lovetrade. Surely a lot of teams are going to kick the tires. Love is 31 years old and in the first year of a four-year, $120 million contract, but he remains a top-30ish player who can space the floor, knock down 3-pointers, make plays as a passer, defend competently and rebound at an elite level.

How much the Cavs want for Love, and how much they can realistically get given his age and contract, remains to be seen. Love has said he wants to go to a contender, and that he reportedly prefers the Blazers if a deal does indeed go down. The Cavs don't have to give Love what he wants, but if they do, here are five (potential) contenders, in no particular order, that make sense for a Love deal.

1. Miami Heat
If you haven't been paying attention, the Heat are for real. Entering play on Wednesday, they're 18-6 which is good for the fourth-best record in the NBA. Jimmy Butler is an All-Star lock and a borderline MVP candidate. Bam Adebayo, who is blossoming into a two-way wrecking ball, is probably an All-Star as of now, too.

Trading for Love is precisely the type of move that can push a fringe-elite team like Miami into another level of contention. He fits perfectly into its drive-and-kick system on both the passing and shooting end. He would be a great pick-and-pop guy in late-game situations with Butler, particularly in the playoffs when teams are going to make someone other than Butler beat them.

Miami has the contracts to get a deal done. Goran Dragic is making $19.2 million on an expiring deal, though if the Heat are really going for something this season I doubt they'd want to lose his production off the bench. Meyers Leonard is making $11.3 million on his final year. They also have James Johnson ($15.3 million), Kelly Olynyk ($12.7 million) and Dion Waiters ($12.1 million), but all have two years left on their respective deals.

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88

Jimmy Butler borderline league MVP?

Bam, 2 way wrecking ball and probable All Star?

Still nor sure if Bam>T.T.

#timevindicates

Butler has been great for the Heat but definitely not borderline MVP hahahha

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have said they're officially ready to talk about a Kevin Lovetrade. Surely a lot of teams are going to kick the tires. Love is 31 years old and in the first year of a four-year, $120 million contract, but he remains a top-30ish player who can space the floor, knock down 3-pointers, make plays as a passer, defend competently and rebound at an elite level.

How much the Cavs want for Love, and how much they can realistically get given his age and contract, remains to be seen. Love has said he wants to go to a contender, and that he reportedly prefers the Blazers if a deal does indeed go down. The Cavs don't have to give Love what he wants, but if they do, here are five (potential) contenders, in no particular order, that make sense for a Love deal.

1. Miami Heat
If you haven't been paying attention, the Heat are for real. Entering play on Wednesday, they're 18-6 which is good for the fourth-best record in the NBA. Jimmy Butler is an All-Star lock and a borderline MVP candidate. Bam Adebayo, who is blossoming into a two-way wrecking ball, is probably an All-Star as of now, too.

Trading for Love is precisely the type of move that can push a fringe-elite team like Miami into another level of contention. He fits perfectly into its drive-and-kick system on both the passing and shooting end. He would be a great pick-and-pop guy in late-game situations with Butler, particularly in the playoffs when teams are going to make someone other than Butler beat them.

Miami has the contracts to get a deal done. Goran Dragic is making $19.2 million on an expiring deal, though if the Heat are really going for something this season I doubt they'd want to lose his production off the bench. Meyers Leonard is making $11.3 million on his final year. They also have James Johnson ($15.3 million), Kelly Olynyk ($12.7 million) and Dion Waiters ($12.1 million), but all have two years left on their respective deals.

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88

Jimmy Butler borderline league MVP?

Bam, 2 way wrecking ball and probable All Star?

Still nor sure if Bam>T.T.

#timevindicates
ok

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love would fit very well with that Heat team tbh.

Love can be a 2nd or 3rd option.
The perfect fit is for Love to go to a very good defensive team, like the Celtics, Heat, etc. Having players around him that play though defense will not only help his lack of defense but encourage him to play defense (especially a coach like Spolestra)
Thinking more about this, and with Theiss and not Horford, not sure Love is the best fit for the Cs. I actually think TT might be a better option for them (though not signed past this season).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Dallas.

Luka, Love and Zingers would be a nice big 3.

BUT, youd probably have to eat that Hardaway Jr. deal.
Probably be willing with decent picks attached.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh

Jokic has been rather disappointing.

That team could use a boost.
Truth be told, so has Love....though might be due to players around him and hard to get as up when you are a dreg.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several different scenarios. But, I'd probably roll the dice on this one if I'm the Suns.

Bleacher Report: What the Suns could offer for Kevin Love
Greg Swartz has the Suns giving Cleveland PF Dario Saric, SF Mikal Bridges and G Tyler Johnson in exchange for Love.

Kevin Love trade speculation: What would Phoenix Suns have to give Cleveland Cavaliers?
Seems like a no-brainer for the Suns. Cavs? Not so sure. Thinking if they are getting what look like maybe 2 JAGs (though young) they'd want a pick or picks as well.

But who know?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, so has Love....though might be due to players around him and hard to get as up when you are a dreg.
Yeah, hard for Love to get his numbers playing with shot happy point guards.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that they don't give up any picks in that scenario.

I'm 50/50 on it... wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it either.
I would like it too.....If I was the Suns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hard for Love to get his numbers playing with shot happy point guards.
You got that right and I think it has him frustrated. I don't think he minds the losing but the lack of the ball moving gets to him. Rare to see one of these young kids get the ball then snap off a quick pass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything against milk but chugging it sucks balls and dick...go try. You won't want milk for awhile

lol

When I was in high school I could seriously chug milk.

There used to be this church that would host a party on Saturday nights for the different local high school football teams, cheerleaders, etc.

They used to have different contests and you would have to volunteer to participate before you found out what the contest was.

I volunteered for only one. There are several players up there and I'm the smallest. I'm thinking..."Pretty sure I'm gonna be out quick". Turned out to be a milk chugging contest.

When they brought out quarts of milk, my teammates, cheerleaders, etc. all just start laughing because they know what's about to happen.

I dominated. Had that quart of milk down in about 5 seconds. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's got to be the bold. Any contending team would benefit from Kevin Love.

He's not going to help you defensively, but his 3 point shooting and rebounding make up for it. The fact that he can score in the paint doesn't hurt either.

If they had the assets, I'd bet Pelinka would be on the phone with the Cavs right now and Lebron would be blowing up Love's phone. lol
No doubt. This will come off as me ripping Lebron but not intended that way. I wonder if Love would care what Lebron has to say. Certainly possible winning might be #1 for him, but with his health issues he might not want to deal with him or any potential drama.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

When I was in high school I could seriously chug milk.

There used to be this church that would host a party on Saturday nights for the different local high school football teams, cheerleaders, etc.

They used to have different contests and you would have to volunteer to participate before you found out what the contest was.

I volunteered for only one. There are several players up there and I'm the smallest. I'm thinking..."Pretty sure I'm gonna be out quick". Turned out to be a milk chugging contest.

When they brought out quarts of milk, my teammates, cheerleaders, etc. all just start laughing because they know what's about to happen.

I dominated. Had that quart of milk down in about 5 seconds. lol
Another excerpt from The Autobiography of TF12

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. This will come off as me ripping Lebron but not intended that way. I wonder if Love would care what Lebron has to say. Certainly possible winning might be #1 for him, but with his health issues he might not want to deal with him or any potential drama.

I think Love would listen, he knows how to play with Lebron and has already won a ring with him. I doubt he'd have a problem with potentially winning another.

With Lebron, there's always potential for drama. But so far, it's been a drama free season. In fact, some folks are saying that part of the reason the NBA is kind of boring right now is because there's no Lakers/Lebron drama. lol