• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, when Vogel was announced, my reaction was...FRANK VOGEL?!?!?
It went from that, to "well he did some good things in Indiana, they were good defensively, and just so long as he doesn't mess things up, we should be good". Well, he has us playing defense, and he hasn't screwed things up, so I'm satisfied

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went from that, to "well he did some good things in Indiana, they were good defensively, and just so long as he doesn't mess things up, we should be good". Well, he has us playing defense, and he hasn't screwed things up, so I'm satisfied

one of the top defensive teams in the league...I'm certainly good with that...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't have a gambling problem with fake $.

Hey will you give me $420 in SportsHoopla cash so I can buy a cuisinart from the gift shop?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember the Giannis debate.

In fairness. That was like 3 years ago.

BUT, it was as laughable then as it is now.

That part about Kyrie and Dame didn't age well and Davis is a push.

I wouldn't categorize it as mocking towards Giannis, Just hella uninformed.

Your responses were snarky. But, that was fine with me because it was obvious you had no idea what you were talking about, which you have since admitted.

I never questioned his skill or talent. I questioned the amount for a guy averaging 16ppg at the time. I also openly admitted i'm very old school when it comes to salaries in sports.

I get it. Just not used to these new salaries I guess. They probably could have gotten him a lot cheaper though.

As for the part about Kyrie and Dame, I was correct at the time. There was nothing uninformed about it. In 2016 nobody had him in the top 20.
Of course a lot has changed since then.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I've had the chance to say this as I've sparingly been on throughout the year, but congrats @Mecca on the juggernaut that the clippers have become. As much as I love my Lakers, I think we need one more tall, wing defender, to go at you guys when we get to the playoffs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never questioned his skill or talent. I questioned the amount for a guy averaging 16ppg at the time. I also openly admitted i'm very old school when it comes to salaries in sports.

As for the part about Kyrie and Dame, I was correct at the time. There was nothing uninformed about it. In 2016 nobody had him in the top 20.
Of course a lot has changed since then.
Yeah, you were wrong then and you are now.

Just like we told you 3 years ago, sometimes you pay a guy based on potential and natural progression.

Like I said in another post, your statement is as asinine as saying the Raptors shouldn't have maxed Siakam, whose numbers were similar last year.

But, by all means, continue to display how very little you know about any player not on your roster.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I've had the chance to say this as I've sparingly been on throughout the year, but congrats @Mecca on the juggernaut that the clippers have become. As much as I love my Lakers, I think we need one more tall, wing defender, to go at you guys when we get to the playoffs

Thanks, Kold.

Our advantage is depth.

BUT, your starting 5 is better.

You could have 2 award winners on your roster.

I hate y'all.

BUT, the Lakers are for real.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin with 5 points in 34 minutes last night.

They need to do everything they can to move him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogel was a much better choice than Lue

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you were wrong then and you are now.

Just like we told you 3 years ago, sometimes you pay a guy based on potential and natural progression.

Like I said in another post, your statement is as asinine as saying the Raptors shouldn't have maxed Siakam, whose numbers were similar last year.

But, by all means, continue to display how very little you know about any player not on your roster.

Would you have honestly said in 2016 that Giannis should get paid more than the 3 guys I mentioned before?

Again you're getting butthurt because my opinions 3 years ago were different to yours.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Giannis in 2015-16: 17ppg, 8rpg 50% FG at age 22
AD in 2015-16: 24ppg, 10rpg 49% FG at age 23

And you're telling me i'm completely uninformed, wrong and being stupid for thinking it's perhaps slightly exaggerated than Giannis at that stage would get paid more than AD?

Look i'm not going to argue about something so small over something at happened three years go.

Let's just let things be and enjoy the fact both our teams are championship contenders :suds: