• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue and LeBron had really great chemistry which is the only reason he Lue was considered. Without that, not even in the top ten. The Kings quickly hired Luke Walton without even noticing Lue with his championship
Or maybe they knew there was 0 chance Lue was going to Sacramento?

also by this "logic" you don't give credit to the AD acquisition as we know without Lebron it's unlikely AD is in LA.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the only one that stood on that hill, everyone else knew he was going to be good.
We explained it in great detail.

But, when folks are dug in,the conversation eventually devolved into.....:frusty:

If it's any consolation, she has since admitted she got that wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue thought he could ask for whatever he wanted. Guess he was wrong, as he's now an assistant once again.

I wanted someone more interesting than Lebron's former ball boy. Vogel was marginally a better choice IMO, and he's earned his keep thus far. Becky Hammon would've been an interesting choice, but sticking her with Lebron would've been a no-win situation for the first female head coach in the NBA. If they won, it was because of Lebron. If the lost, Becky couldn't even win with Lebron.
OK....but Lue was their choice before Vogel. But primo deflection.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to complain about the job they did going to 4 Finals and only losing to a team many call the best ever.

And the "problems" or "mistakes" some people claim had to do with that final year and Lebron not committing so really for as much criticism as they got...it was pretty picture perfect. Like you said, you can't complain much winning one title and making every Finals for that run vs a team that was in the best team ever conversation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We explained it in great detail.

But, when folks are dug in,the conversation eventually devolved into.....:frusty:

If it's any consolation, she has since admitted she got that wrong.

I mean....c'mon. You'd have to be completely brain dead if you still say Giannis doesn't deserve the max deal that he got back in 2016.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....c'mon. You'd have to be completely brain dead if you still say Giannis doesn't deserve the max deal that he got back in 2016.
It would be comparable to saying Siakam should be happy getting lowballed in a cap spike year.

Come on, spending has come crashing back to earth.

But, look at the deal Brown just inked in Boston.

Sure looks worth the money, so far.

If you wanna example of what can happen when you low ball, haggle with your young star?

See Hayward bolting to Boston because Utah played the match the offer sheet game, instead of giving him a 5 year deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I have no issue with tanking. Except when teams intentionally sit players in order to lose.

If they assemble a bad team and they stink, so be it. Basketball is about having elite talent.

No one wants to be the Pacers in perpetuity.
Mostly agree, though I don't have a big problem when a team is out of it not rushing guys back who are hurt (like LA with Lebron, Cavs with Love, etc).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the "problems" or "mistakes" some people claim had to do with that final year and Lebron not committing so really for as much criticism as they got...it was pretty picture perfect. Like you said, you can't complain much winning one title and making every Finals for that run vs a team that was in the best team ever conversation.
Exactly. Sure it sucked Kyrie went off the deep end and Lebron knew he was gone so had no interest in trying to repair that relationship, but hard to blame Cavs' FO. In fact, Griffin has gone on record in saying he should have done something about the relationship sooner as he saw it coming. That's according to Jason Lloyd on 92.3.

Also would have been nice had Kyrie made his demand before the draft and FA. Could a better deal have been made? Only serious rumor I ever heard for Kyrie were before he made his demand (and Griff turned it down because Lebron would not commit). Heard some with Suns but unless Cavs got Booker they weren't interested.

Made the best of a bad situation....and seems clear teams might be better off without him than with.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it as much as they are trying to mitigate why LA didn't sign him...it was because Lue turned them down.
Without looking it up, if I remember correctly, Lue wanted 5 years, the Lakers wanted to line up his deal with Bron.

They also wanted to pick his assistant.

He balked and turned down the deal and took a job with the Clippers.

Didn't he have a Lakers bday cake before it all went to shit?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't want him to begin with quite honestly. said so from the giddy-up...

and no, not debating the why...
No need to debate why. Never said he'd be my first choice. Would think LA could do better, But didn't see many better options rumored.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking it up, if I remember correctly, Lue wanted 5 years, the Lakers wanted to line up his deal with Bron.

All seems true other than the cake...never heard that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't want him to begin with quite honestly. said so from the giddy-up...

and no, not debating the why...
No, you didn't.

You were very much against becoming the Los Angeles Cavs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

believes this pretty much encapsulates it...