• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaging 5.6 apg when all he has to pass to are trash cans. They should enshrine him right now.
also under 6 in rebounds and 9 in points with few others who can score or rebound.

Shooting 40% and 28% from 3.

JAG

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can remember, the Lakers only wanted Kidd to be his top assistant and everyone else would be negotiable. In fact I also believe it was Vogel that actually advocated for and hired Lionel Hollins. They wanted Kidd in place just in case it didn't work out with Lue so the transition would be seamless.

Lue just got butthurt.
Lue was their top choice (at least over Vogel). Not really debatable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly has Lue proven in the NBA coaching world?

Yes he won a championship with the Cavs but that was more about the players he had rather than his coaching skills.

An unproven, young coach making demands? Yeah thats not going to really work with the Lakers
How many unproven coaches have a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choosing your assistants has nothing to do what you proven in the NBA coaching world. But since we're on the topic of what guys proven in the NBA, what the hell has Kidd proven as a coach to even be a top assistant?

New hires are allowed to bring in their own assistants ALL THE TIME. This is nothing new.

Go ahead and find me all the times new hires were told they must bring this assistant with them if they want a job.

I have all the time for you to find that list.
Yep...and in addition, none of this takes away the fact Lue was their choice ahead of Vogel.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he was.

Just like Brad Pitt was my first choice of husband but hey, that’s the hand we’re dealt.

Looks like it worked out in the end for both the Lakers and myself.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he was.

Just like Brad Pitt was my first choice of husband but hey, that’s the hand we’re dealt.

Looks like it worked out in the end for both the Lakers and myself.

I woulda took Morgan Fairchild at one point...

btw, i met her once. woman was high as a kite...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to my rant:

First of all, I really don't care what folks think of the Lakers. Personally, I like the hate. It means the Lakers are good. Folks don't typically waste their time hating a team that sucks.

Having said that, what @Shaqdaddy11 says isn't without merit.

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA".1 This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

Also, most of the time, when the Lakers have acquired a star level player, it's been via trade, not FA. That speaks to a front office that, at the least, has managed to not fuck up potential trades, if not shrewd management.

Heck, The Logo never got full credit for how good he is when he was doing his thing for the Lakers. It was building up Memphis, Golden State and now the Clippers that got him the credit he gets.

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".2.
The Lakers are 20-3, but that's just because of a "weak schedule" (that wasn't as weak as some want to claim).

I get it to some extent. As some have pointed out, 6 years of what the Lakers have gone through is nothing compared to fans of some other teams have endured. Heck, there are teams that are going on 60 years of irrelevance.

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans,e1specially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

As for the FO. It was a shitshow when Short Buss was running things and while a little better when Magic and Pelinka took over, Magic couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut which was a bad look.

Since Magic stepped away, things have gotten a lot better (and quieter lol). Some Lakers fans (like Shaqdaddy) seem to want to take that as the Lakers finally having the right folks in place in the FO.

Others, like myself, are taking a more measured approach and basically saying that we still aren't convinced that Pelinka et al are the right ones, but they look a whole lot better now than they did a couple of months ago.

For me, I think the Lakers still need to add someone to truly have a shot at taking down an fully healthy Clippers. If the Lakers can pull something off, or at least come real close to it, either before the trade deadline or in the off-season, then I might start to lean towards this being the right FO.

Footnotes:

1: Heatles post #7641
2: bksballer first post after Shaqdaddy posted a positive tweet about the Lakers

Better? :dhd:

I'll give it a C+ lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. I think he ended up the top choice because Lebron likes him. But I don't think he was their true #1 choice. If not for Lebron liking him, I'm not sure he would have been in their top 3.

I also don't think their top choice was Vogel either. But he's turned out to be a pretty good one so far.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to my rant:

First of all, I really don't care what folks think of the Lakers. Personally, I like the hate. It means the Lakers are good. Folks don't typically waste their time hating a team that sucks.

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA".1 This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

Also, most of the time, when the Lakers have acquired a star level player, it's been via trade, not FA. That speaks to a front office that, at the least, has managed to not fuck up potential trades, if not shrewd management.

Heck, The Logo never got full credit for how good he is when he was doing his thing for the Lakers. It was building up Memphis, Golden State and now the Clippers that got him the credit he gets.

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".2.
The Lakers are 20-3, but that's just because of a "weak schedule" (that wasn't as weak as some want to claim).

I get it to some extent. As some have pointed out, 6 years of what the Lakers have gone through is nothing compared to fans of some other teams have endured. Heck, there are teams that are going on 60 years of irrelevance.

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans,e1specially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

As for the FO. It was a shitshow when Short Buss was running things and while a little better when Magic and Pelinka took over, Magic couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut which was a bad look.

Since Magic stepped away, things have gotten a lot better (and quieter lol). Some Lakers fans (like Shaqdaddy) seem to want to take that as the Lakers finally having the right folks in place in the FO.

Others, like myself, are taking a more measured approach and basically saying that we still aren't convinced that Pelinka et al are the right ones, but they look a whole lot better now than they did a couple of months ago.

For me, I think the Lakers still need to add someone to truly have a shot at taking down an fully healthy Clippers. If the Lakers can pull something off, or at least come real close to it, either before the trade deadline or in the off-season, then I might start to lean towards this being the right FO.

Footnotes:

1: Heatles post #7641
2: bksballer first post after Shaqdaddy posted a positive tweet about the Lakers

Better? :dhd:

Slow day at work? Expected a better rant to be honest

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA". This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans, especially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

One thing I'll say about other teams struggles, and ours is that ours may not have been as long, but atleast other teams got to stink in private. Someway, somehow, our stuff would get out in public, and we'd be leading headlines. Otherwise, I've been pleased with what I've seen this year...but I do agree that we need one more guy. A wing defender, that can make plays for others, and knock down timely shots, or in other words Andre Igoudala