• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings last 6 games
vs Denver, Dallas, and Houston(currently combined 23 games over .500): 3-0
vs Bulls, Blazers, and Spurs(currently combined 20 games under .500): 0-3
:noidea:

Playing to their competition.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing to their competition.
Since the start of November they've played 10 games vs teams over .500(5-5 record), 9 were decided by 6 points or less and 6 were decided by 3 or less. They usually keep it close regardless of the opponent, which is saying something considering all but 2 of those were without Fox and Bagley.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I presented my arguments for every point you have brought forward and you rejected every one of them because they didn't match your opinion.

You said the Lakers fucked up dealing with Ty Lue because "that's not how its usually done" Who gives a shit how its usually done? You going to base how a team operates by "how its usually done"?

Now please fetch me that laughable claim of my mocking Giannis' contract.

Would love to, but I can't seem to find posts of yours back in 2016.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC with back to back road wins over Portland and Utah. If the playoffs started today they would be in it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, iirc some Lakers fans joined us during Cleveland's run stating how poorly that team was ran when Lebron came back and they still got a title out of it. That's the beauty of basketball, transcendent generational players can overcome shitty management.

Yep, compared to LA. Cleveland did a fantastic job and we know at times they had some issues.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm just glad people are hating the Lakers again, and not laughing at us being the butt of every basketball joke....and yeah, it was only 6 years, but my goodness, the amount of front office incompetence, drama, and bad basketball was unbearable. The only good things to happen was the tanking, watching the young core, kobe taking a thousand shots in his last game, and Lebron

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, iirc some Lakers fans joined us during Cleveland's run stating how poorly that team was ran when Lebron came back and they still got a title out of it. That's the beauty of basketball, transcendent generational players can overcome shitty management.

First of all, I really don't care what folks think of the Lakers. Personally, I like the hate. It means the Lakers are good. Folks don't typically waste their time hating a team that sucks.

Having said that, what @Shaqdaddy11 says isn't without merit.

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA". This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

Also, most of the time, when the Lakers have acquired a star level player, it's been via trade, not FA. That speaks to a front office that, at the least, has managed to not fuck up potential trades, if not shrewd management.

Heck, The Logo never got full credit for how good he is when he was doing his thing for the Lakers. It was building up Memphis, Golden State and now the Clippers that got him the credit he gets.

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".

The Lakers are 20-3, but that's just because of a "weak schedule" (that wasn't as weak as some want to claim).

I get it to some extent. As some have pointed out, 6 years of what the Lakers have gone through is nothing compared to fans of some other teams have endured. Heck, there are teams that are going on 60 years of irrelevance.

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans, especially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

As for the FO. It was a shitshow when Short Buss was running things and while a little better when Magic and Pelinka took over, Magic couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut which was a bad look.

Since Magic stepped away, things have gotten a lot better (and quieter lol). Some Lakers fans (like Shaqdaddy) seem to want to take that as the Lakers finally having the right folks in place in the FO.

Others, like myself, are taking a more measured approach and basically saying that we still aren't convinced that Pelinka et al are the right ones, but they look a whole lot better now than they did a couple of months ago.

For me, I think the Lakers still need to add someone to truly have a shot at taking down an fully healthy Clippers. If the Lakers can pull something off, or at least come real close to it, either before the trade deadline or in the off-season, then I might start to lean towards this being the right FO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I really don't care what folks think of the Lakers. Personally, I like the hate. It means the Lakers are good. Folks don't typically waste their time hating a team that sucks.

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA". This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

Also, most of the time, when the Lakers have acquired a star level player, it's been via trade, not FA. That speaks to a front office that, at the least, has managed to not fuck up potential trades, if not shrewd management.

Heck, The Logo never got full credit for how good he is when he was doing his thing for the Lakers. It was building up Memphis, Golden State and now the Clippers that got him the credit he gets.

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".

The Lakers are 20-3, but that's just because of a "weak schedule" (that wasn't as weak as some want to claim).

I get it to some extent. As some have pointed out, 6 years of what the Lakers have gone through is nothing compared to fans of some other teams have endured. Heck, there are teams that are going on 60 years of irrelevance.

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans, especially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

As for the FO. It was a shitshow when Short Buss was running things and while a little better when Magic and Pelinka took over, Magic couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut which was a bad look.

Since Magic stepped away, things have gotten a lot better (and quieter lol). Some Lakers fans (like Shaqdaddy) seem to want to take that as the Lakers finally having the right folks in place in the FO.

Others, like myself, are taking a more measured approach and basically saying that we still aren't convinced that Pelinka et al are the right ones, but they look a whole lot better now than they did a couple of months ago.

For me, I think the Lakers still need to add someone to truly have a shot at taking down an fully healthy Clippers. If the Lakers can pull something off, or at least come real close to it, either before the trade deadline or in the off-season, then I might start to lean towards this being the right FO.

Where are your footnotes? You need at least cite 2 references or this won't work for me. Also, I would like your introduction to be more inviting, I didn't get that feel.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm just glad people are hating the Lakers again, and not laughing at us being the butt of every basketball joke....and yeah, it was only 6 years, but my goodness, the amount of front office incompetence, drama, and bad basketball was unbearable. The only good things to happen was the tanking, watching the young core, kobe taking a thousand shots in his last game, and Lebron

was with you til LeClown...

ok ok, he's helped. i STILL ain't gotta like it...:tsk:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are your footnotes? You need at least cite 2 references or this won't work for me. Also, I would like your introduction to be more inviting, I didn't get that feel.

Welcome to my rant:

When the Lakers land a good FA, it's never "Wow, the Lakers must have done a good job recruiting". It's "players just want to be in LA".1 This...after Lakers fans being told throughout the FA period that "being in LA isn't an advantage anymore."

When fans of other teams post tweets, etc. that support how their team is doing, no one bats an eye or they generally comment positively. A Lakers fans does it and it's "this why people hate Lakers fans".2.

But none of this is the fault of Lakers fans. From what I've seen, Lakers fans,e1specially on here, never disparage other teams fans for enjoying their teams success. Why shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy our teams success?

Footnotes:

1: Heatles post #7641
2: bksballer first post after Shaqdaddy posted a positive tweet about the Lakers

Better? :dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to, but I can't seem to find posts of yours back in 2016.

You said I recently said it, not three years ago.

In 2016 Giannis was an upcoming star but nowhere near a top 20 player.

Are you telling me that my opinions of a player 3 years ago are still supposed to hold up today?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i guess it's official? we're hated again ...?(by more than just nutjobs and detractors)...

just asking to keep track...

said a while back to some o' y'all the day's comin' that you'll ALL hate...:D

#let'sgo,Lakers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i guess it's official? we're hated again ...?(by more than just nutjobs and detractors)...

just asking to keep track...

said a while back to some o' y'all the day's comin' that you'll ALL hate...:D

#let'sgo,Lakers

Appears so. It’s good to be back!