• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if anyone still think the Cs fleeced us having air left from the Kyrie deal.

From a pure talent perspective...you can make a case because Kyrie is so ridiculously talented.

From an everything else perspective...not so much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when a lot of these same players can actually shoot the 3 ball pretty well.

It's gotta be a mental thing. That fact that the shot is uncontested probably makes it worse... time to think and get a lil psyched out.

I think it's because kids get less drilling on fundamentals nowadays and play more pick up games... in a pick up game you typically don't stop and shoot free throws.

Yeah, agree on that. I know in AAU ball, there isn't a lot of time spent on fundamentals including free throw shooting.

I know most high school coaches, at least the decent ones, still teach fundamentals, but a lot of these kids seem to listen to their AAU coaches over their high school coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a pure talent perspective...you can make a case because Kyrie is so ridiculously talented.

From an everything else perspective...not so much.

Yeah if Kyrie was still on the Celtics it would have been close but as of right now the Cavs have Sexton and Zizic plus a 2020 2nd rounder from the trade and the C's have nothing...so Cavs easily win it. But shorter term just looking at players not drafted, the C's won it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if Kyrie was still on the Celtics it would have been close but as of right now the Cavs have Sexton and Zizic plus a 2020 2nd rounder from the trade and the C's have nothing...so Cavs easily win it. But shorter term just looking at players not drafted, the C's won it.
also it just depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go right?

wasnt burks sent to houston in the knight deal that brought back knight and a first rounder? and didnt they get burks from trading crowder who came over in the kyrie deal?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think that in the long run, the Cavs are going to be better off without Kyrie.

If nothing else, they're not paying him and will have some solid young players with potential to be really good and should have a fair amount of cap space. Especially if they move Love and/or TT, to be able to keep everyone together.

Looks like they may have their coach too. I got to watch a good bit of their game a couple of days ago and was impressed with how he handled those young 'uns.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wasnt burks sent to houston in the knight deal that brought back knight and a first rounder? and didnt they get burks from trading crowder who came over in the kyrie deal?

You would also need to find some way to value the extra wins, attendance, jerseys sold, etc that Kyrie brought to the Celtics during his time there, and devalue any negative impact he may have had on reaching their ultimate goals. Pretty tough to get an accurate read, but as in the case of most perceived "elite" players, if you can get them via trade, you do so. Whether or not Kyrie deserves that elite rating anymore is another discussion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would also need to find some way to value the extra wins, attendance, jerseys sold, etc that Kyrie brought to the Celtics during his time there, and devalue any negative impact he may have had on reaching their ultimate goals. Pretty tough to get an accurate read, but as in the case of most perceived "elite" players, if you can get them via trade, you do so. Whether or not Kyrie deserves that elite rating anymore is another discussion.
also that Kyrie was there for 2 y ears--- and missed huge parts of 1 year with injury nad missed the entire playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also that Kyrie was there for 2 y ears--- and missed huge parts of 1 year with injury nad missed the entire playoffs.

Yep, that would have to factor in too...as would Isaiah Thomas' missed time and minimal impact.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what teammate do you guys think gave Dion the gummi?

I highly doubt it would be a rookie so lets rule them out. I doubt it would be Winslow since he seems too straight-laced. Highly doubt it would be Bam. Highly doubt it would be Dragic.

my guesses would be:

- James Johnson
- Jimmy Butler

@bksballer89 @Heatles84 what would your guys guesses be?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id maybe think Jones Jr. but i cant see a guy on a small contract kind of risk it.

maybe Olnyk? though it wouldnt seem that Olnyk and Waiters would be boys.

Bam, Dragic, Winslow i would all highly doubt.

id say 75% James Johnson. 25% Butler.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget Mo Wagner in that trade, lol
lol true.....

it would be interesting to do a detailed analysis actually.

but just off the top of my head, if you add in $ that gilbert has spent- Cavs have gotten like Clarkson, Nance, Sexton, pretty much at the least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id maybe think Jones Jr. but i cant see a guy on a small contract kind of risk it.

maybe Olnyk? though it wouldnt seem that Olnyk and Waiters would be boys.

Bam, Dragic, Winslow i would all highly doubt.

id say 75% James Johnson. 25% Butler.

I'm going with JJ. Based on what I've seen since both came to Miami, that seems to be his closest friend on the team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah down the long string of trades and picks...the Cavs have won it