• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got shooters around Lebron now. Look out

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won that game in spite of Frank vogel's questionable rotations. It was good however to see Kuzma get back going, dude was huge in the 4th. This defense is legit, and man, ol' Dwight is giving more effort than I've seen him give in YEARS

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, well...
I got busy and turned the Lakers off to get some work done as they were losing - finished up some of my work and looked to see how much they lost by - and well hell - they won:lol:, That will teach me not to turn off them games any more:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won that game in spite of Frank vogel's questionable rotations. It was good however to see Kuzma get back going, dude was huge in the 4th. This defense is legit, and man, ol' Dwight is giving more effort than I've seen him give in YEARS
In the third quarter - I thought the Lakers were going to lose this one - I am impressed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly night all over.

Always struggle in Denver

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers with the best record in the league.

We back, bitches

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he won the NCAA tournament. And he took the Sixers to the finals with Iverson and a bunch of crap teammates. And his title team had no HOFers. And he won wherever he coached.

I'm totally dug in on this, best coach ever. Name a better one.

Phil Jackson
Greg Popovich

Their resumes are insane. Phil won multiple championships with 2 teams and 3 different core groups of players. Unheard of. Pop’s success over time speaks for itself.

Then you got about 20 other coaches with resumes as good or better than Brown’s. I get that you are dug in on this, but it is pretty absurd IMO to rank Brown as #1 all time. He could make average teams good and good teams really good. He added value. But all his moving around is a huge negative.

Because as soon as Larry Brown faces adversity in any of his jobs, he bolted for greener pastures. He could not have presided over the Spurs dynasty. He could not have accomplished what Phil did. Just not in his DNA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And winning at all those places. Makes him better than some coach who wins a bit then gets to stay somewhere forever no matter what he does

A lot of guys can win games and make teams incrementally better. Larry Brown was great at that.

But the truly great coaches preside over the teams great dynasties and have sustained success at the highest level with multiple core groups.

Pop and Phil are 1 and 2 in some order.

Also, success in college should be viewed differently from success in the NBA. For a good coach, winning in college is a lot easier. And if you value that success heavily, then you have to bring guys like coach K, John Wooden, etc. into this debate. They have better resumes also.

Heck, Brad Stevens getting to back to back championship games at Butler then getting 1 game away from the NBA Finals in 2018 is as impressive as anything on Brown’s resume if you value consistent winning over winning it all with great talent.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson
Greg Popovich

Their resumes are insane. Phil won multiple championships with 2 teams and 3 different core groups of players. Unheard of. Pop’s success over time speaks for itself.

Then you got about 20 other coaches with resumes as good or better than Brown’s. I get that you are dug in on this, but it is pretty absurd IMO to rank Brown as #1 all time. He could make average teams good and good teams really good. He added value. But all his moving around is a huge negative.

Because as soon as Larry Brown faces adversity in any of his jobs, he bolted for greener pastures. He could not have presided over the Spurs dynasty. He could not have accomplished what Phil did. Just not in his DNA.
And what he did is not in Jackson's DNA. Only Pop come close IMO

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of guys can win games and make teams incrementally better. Larry Brown was great at that.

But the truly great coaches preside over the teams great dynasties and have sustained success at the highest level with multiple core groups.

Pop and Phil are 1 and 2 in some order.

Also, success in college should be viewed differently from success in the NBA. For a good coach, winning in college is a lot easier. And if you value that success heavily, then you have to bring guys like coach K, John Wooden, etc. into this debate. They have better resumes also.

Heck, Brad Stevens getting to back to back championship games at Butler then getting 1 game away from the NBA Finals in 2018 is as impressive as anything on Brown’s resume if you value consistent winning over winning it all with great talent.
No one combines the college and pro resumes like Brown