• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, new question then.....how do you know there was a better offer for Kyrie?

#2....IF keeping him so important why could Lebron not be bothered to call the young lad and try and straighten things out and find out if Kyrie could forgive him for being a D?

Last comment why you are who you are, and I realize you cannot change. They went to the Finals again, just like they did with Kyrie, only losing to a team no one lost to at full strength. So there's that.

Seems you are having a tough time with these Qs, as well....

can you explain why in one discussion you will go on and on how all teams get better when they lose Kyrie, but somehow the Cavs were "far worse" (just ignore the part where they go just as far without him as with)?

how does a team win a deal for a player when they were better without that player and lost him for nothing?

It is common sense man.

Kyrie had a lot of trade value at that time. He had 2 years on his contract.

Like said at the beginning. The deal hinged on IT’s health. Since he wasn’t healthy, they got very little win now assets in return for Kyrie.

There is absolutely no doubt they could have gotten a better deal, and or flipped the Nets pick.

Cmon man.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, new question then.....how do you know there was a better offer for Kyrie?

#2....IF keeping him so important why could Lebron not be bothered to call the young lad and try and straighten things out and find out if Kyrie could forgive him for being a D?

Last comment why you are who you are, and I realize you cannot change. They went to the Finals again, just like they did with Kyrie, only losing to a team no one lost to at full strength. So there's that.

Seems you are having a tough time with these Qs, as well....

can you explain why in one discussion you will go on and on how all teams get better when they lose Kyrie, but somehow the Cavs were "far worse" (just ignore the part where they go just as far without him as with)?

how does a team win a deal for a player when they were better without that player and lost him for nothing?

Can you actually read what I write and respond to it?

I never said the Cavs had to keep Kyrie. And I have repeatedly responded to you making that clear.

It is almost like you just invent what you want my position to be in order to better your argument.

Go ahead and start a poll about which team was better:

2017 Cavs or 2018 Cavs

It wasn’t close man.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying no way latter is true, but if it is why would Lebron not at least reach out to Kyrie to see if things could be straightened out?

If memory serves, Lebron did try to convince Kyrie to stay, but Kyrie wasn't having it.

Cavs had a way to get PG who Lebron allegedly wanted and he still would not commit to stay. Hard not to strongly lean to first option. Idea Lebron did not know if they'd spend money is absurd. They set payroll records for the sport. Spent as much in tax in 3 years as rest of league combined. Want to say he wasn't sure they'd make the right moves and that's why he left? I don't believe that, but it's possible. Harder to believe when the team he went to did nothing for 6 seasons in a FA destination city.

Hadn't heard about a way to get PG. As for the rest, considering Lebron's age and that he was doing the "one year with player option every year to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire...it's possible that Gilbert saw what the Warriors had and how strong the top of the West was and decided that a Lebron who's closer to age 40 than to age 30 wasn't going to be getting him anymore titles and decided to get on with the inevitable rebuild a couple of seasons earlier.

Because of Lebron's age (and doing 1 and 1's) Gilbert may not have wanted him to commit long term, but he had to put up a front for the fan base.

In short, they may have done a "Belichek move" and decided it was better to let him go a year too early rather than a year too late since it was unlikely they'd be getting anymore titles.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron was ready to leave after he fulfilled his promise, he would not have signed a 2 year deal after winning the championship.
He was gonna win a title and leave right away? Never mind did LA have the cap room to sign him AND still compete?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said the Cavs had to keep Kyrie. And I have repeatedly responded to you making that clear.

It is almost like you just invent what you want my position to be in order to better your argument.

2017 Cavs or 2018 Cavs

It wasn’t close man.
I respond to any direct question I am asked. You deflect from the questions you are now being asked.

2017 cavs - lost 4-1 in Finals
**2018 cavs - lost 4-0 in Finals

** - 2018 Cavs did not yet get to use the Brooklyn pick on a player. 2017 "Far better", "not even close man"?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, Lebron did try to convince Kyrie to stay, but Kyrie wasn't having it.

Hadn't heard about a way to get PG. As for the rest, considering Lebron's age and that he was doing the "one year with player option every year to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire...it's possible that Gilbert saw what the Warriors had and how strong the top of the West was and decided that a Lebron who's closer to age 40 than to age 30 wasn't going to be getting him anymore titles and decided to get on with the inevitable rebuild a couple of seasons earlier.

Because of Lebron's age (and doing 1 and 1's) Gilbert may not have wanted him to commit long term, but he had to put up a front for the fan base.

In short, they may have done a "Belichek move" and decided it was better to let him go a year too early rather than a year too late since it was unlikely they'd be getting anymore titles.

LeBron was reportedly ‘blindsided and disappointed’ upon learning of Irving’s trade request, but has made it clear to management that he won’t be intervening to try and convince Kyrie to stay, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.

I actually do not doubt Gilbert did not necessarily love the idea of maxing Lebron as he probably did not like dealing with all that comes with him........but I think his will to win would have made him resign Lebron for as long as he was willing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is common sense man.

Kyrie had a lot of trade value at that time. He had 2 years on his contract.

Like said at the beginning. The deal hinged on IT’s health. Since he wasn’t healthy, they got very little win now assets in return for Kyrie.

There is absolutely no doubt they could have gotten a better deal, and or flipped the Nets pick.

Cmon man.
"absolutely no doubt"? That right there is the Cris carter "c'mon man".

so little win now assets they went just as far without Kyrie as with. Something else you do not take into account is Kyrie's health. It was well known he was going to need surgery on his knee at some point. Not might, but will.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was gonna win a title and leave right away? Never mind did LA have the cap room to sign him AND still compete?

You literally just wrote that.

Go back and read your quote I was responding to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respond to any direct question I am asked. You deflect from the questions you are now being asked.

2017 cavs - lost 4-1 in Finals
**2018 cavs - lost 4-0 in Finals

** - 2018 Cavs did not yet get to use the Brooklyn pick on a player. 2017 "Far better", "not even close man"?

They could have traded the pick.

And why are you even posting about the 2018 Cavs implying they weren’t a lot worse than 2017?

It was like a month ago when you tried to say 2017 was as good or better than 2016.

You can’t possibly believe the 2018 Cavs were close to the same level.

1 team dominated the East playoffs with 1 loss while the other went to game 7 twice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2017 Cavs or 2018 Cavs

It wasn’t close man.
Should add the only better deal alleged to have been offered was BEFORE Kyrie made his demands and was not made because Lebron would not commit. Griffin would not pull the trigger. Cannot be 100% sure if true, but Chris Broussard also reported this...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"absolutely no doubt"? That right there is the Cris carter "c'mon man".

so little win now assets they went just as far without Kyrie as with. Something else you do not take into account is Kyrie's health. It was well known he was going to need surgery on his knee at some point. Not might, but will.

And he still had a ton of trade value.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally just wrote that.

Go back and read your quote I was responding to.
I wrote he felt he could leave to play in LA. Never said right away...and did LA even have the cap room to sign Lebron in 2016? Never mind the assets to entice him to come that soon.

If that's how you read it, I didn't explain it well enough. Should have said winning the title allowed him to eventually leave if he wanted as he fulfilled his promise to win a title...even though he also promised never to leave.

Then there is the fact it doesn't mean he had to go right away as could LA afford him? and if they had the cap room, could they win? He didn't agree to go to LA until he thought another star could join him.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he still had a ton of trade value.
And with even more trade value the guy who looks to have screwed the pooch was Griffin.....though with no Lebron commit, cannot really blame him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be. But Cleveland lost because Kyrie is a nut and Lebron is unlikeable to that nut.....then Lebron chose to go play where it's very likely he wanted to go as soon as he kept his promise here. Not necessarily because of anything ownership/FO did.

This is what you wrote.

If he wanted to go somewhere else “as soon as they won”

he wouldn’t have signed a 2 year extension when the prior deals were 1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron was reportedly ‘blindsided and disappointed’ upon learning of Irving’s trade request, but has made it clear to management that he won’t be intervening to try and convince Kyrie to stay, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.

I actually do not doubt Gilbert did not necessarily love the idea of maxing Lebron as he probably did not like dealing with all that comes with him........but I think his will to win would have made him resign Lebron for as long as he was willing.

For got about that. I guess he didn't try to talk him out of it.

As for the rest, maybe. I'm sire you followed it closer than I did, so likely know better. It's pretty obvious that Lebron and Gilbert don't like each other, so they both may have just been done with each other.

Part of being successful is knowing when to walk away. Gilbert wanted his team back and Lebron wanted out of Cleveland. They had already gotten a title and another one was unlikely, maybe they both ultimately decided it would be better to not win a title away from each other. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you wrote.

If he wanted to go somewhere else “as soon as they won”

he wouldn’t have signed a 2 year extension when the prior deals were 1.
Not going to recheck as thought I said knew he could leave. Don't recall saying he'd go right away (2 years after saying he'd never leave?)

If that was my comment, should have said winning the title allowed him to eventually leave if he wanted as he fulfilled his promise to win a title...even though he also promised never to leave.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For got about that. I guess he didn't try to talk him out of it.

As for the rest, maybe. I'm sire you followed it closer than I did, so likely know better. It's pretty obvious that Lebron and Gilbert don't like each other, so they both may have just been done with each other.

Part of being successful is knowing when to walk away. Gilbert wanted his team back and Lebron wanted out of Cleveland. They had already gotten a title and another one was unlikely, maybe they both ultimately decided it would be better to not win a title away from each other. lol
I wont even say this is 100% proof as windy's words are not gospel. But thought I once heard Lebron answer the question himself by saying "why would I?" when asked if he contacted Kyrie (could not find this anywhere).

I think you might have nailed it with both of them. Neither liked the other, and in a sense used each other to get something. Lebron helps remove some or all of the blemish from The Decision and gets another title with a real shot at 3 more....Gilbert gets his title.