• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, trust me.

Washington needs a quarterback.

Damn. Only 8 career starts and you've already given up on Haskins? That's your team and you've seen them play a lot more than I have so it's not like I can disagree. Saw on redzone that Chase Young had a great debut.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, trust me.

Washington needs a quarterback.
Nah, gotta give him a chance. Can’t give up too quick. Haskins when drafted was a project, Washington hasnt treated him like a projecf bc they’ve had no choice. Got thrown into the dogs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Only 8 career starts and you've already given up on Haskins? That's your team and you've seen them play a lot more than I have so it's not like I can disagree. Saw on redzone that Chase Young had a great debut.

I gave up on him before he was drafted.

Young was fantastic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, gotta give him a chance. Can’t give up too quick. Haskins when drafted was a project, Washington hasnt treated him like a projecf bc they’ve had no choice. Got thrown into the dogs

He has poor decision making skills and can’t process the field.

Absolute best case is he ends up a serviceable game manager. Absolutely no upside here.

Trust me on that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I was worried Haskins didn't get enough experience with Ohio State. That offense doesnt always test qb's skillsets. Having a significant advantage at the skill positions throwing a bunch of short routes doesn't get you there for the nfl

He's got an arm though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was worried Haskins didn't get enough experience with Ohio State. That offense doesnt always test qb's skillsets. Having a significant advantage at the skill positions throwing a bunch of short routes doesn't get you there for the nfl

He's got an arm though.

Of all the QB skills that someone needs to be successful in the NFL, arm talent gets you drafted, but it is probably the least important to a QB’s success.

Doesn’t matter how strong the arm is if you don’t know where to throw it and then you are inconsistent with accuracy when you do.

This team will win games because the D is nasty. But they will be in the QB market again in the next few years. Bank on that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the QB skills that someone needs to be successful in the NFL, arm talent gets you drafted, but it is probably the least important to a QB’s success.

Doesn’t matter how strong the arm is if you don’t know where to throw it and then you are inconsistent with accuracy when you do.

This team will win games because the D is nasty. But they will be in the QB market again in the next few years. Bank on that.
Allen?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Boller, Jamarcus etc

Like I said I just don't think Haskins got tested enough in that osu offense. Had he been with the one more under Days control he'd have been better served b but throwing a short route in space to Paris Campbell types 85 percent of the time doesnt fly in the NFL.

Conversely I thought all the criticism Young got end of the year was absurd and knew the dude would kill it. He has a ridiculous ceiling

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has poor decision making skills and can’t process the field.

Absolute best case is he ends up a serviceable game manager. Absolutely no upside here.

Trust me on that.

I'm not saying Haskins will work out but what do you expect from a guy that was a one year starter in college? This is basically like the start of his junior or senior year in college with as much experience he's had. That's what I don't get from Redskins fans...they give up so early. Some and I think you were one of them, said 2 games in they need to start looking for another QB. Give the kid a chance...I get every team wants the next Mahomes but you really expect him to be fully developed after being a starter (college and NFL level) for 22 games. Cmon man. Even Mahomes started for 2 1/2 seasons at Texas Tech.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see he is already becoming a leader...he 22 year old kid gave a halftime speech bc Rivera was getting IV's. HE worked hard in the off-season as well as lost weight..he looked quick in the pocket. Decision making comes with time, especially for a QB that's only started 22 games at a higher level. The only thing I don't get is some of those option plays..he's never been even a good runner. Quick but not fast, that isn't a strength for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Lonzo Ball has signed with Klutch Sports.

Lonzo back to the Lakers?

america dun GIF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Haskins will work out but what do you expect from a guy that was a one year starter in college? This is basically like the start of his junior or senior year in college with as much experience he's had. That's what I don't get from Redskins fans...they give up so early. Some and I think you were one of them, said 2 games in they need to start looking for another QB. Give the kid a chance...I get every team wants the next Mahomes but you really expect him to be fully developed after being a starter (college and NFL level) for 22 games. Cmon man. Even Mahomes started for 2 1/2 seasons at Texas Tech.

It isn’t that at all.

I might PM you with my reasons if you are interested.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on him before he was drafted.

Young was fantastic.

I thought he was drafted too high. Obviously I hope he works out. But coming outta Ohio State he wasn't ready for the NFL. Not enough experience at the college level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got an arm though.

I agree. Actually just mentioned his lack of experience in a different comment.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was drafted too high. Obviously I hope he works out. But coming outta Ohio State he wasn't ready for the NFL. Not enough experience at the college level.

Drafted too high, sure, I agree but he was drafted too high bc he had little to no experience in college. I just can't say he is a bust this early...although I'm not saying he is some world beater. I think he can transform into a pretty good QB with Rivera.