• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't try to recruit another teams player like that. But there wasn't anything wrong with what he said outside of that. He was there as an analyst.

well obviously there was something wrong with it, he got fined.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Schroeder, time to kiss that baby and get back to work.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans should be concerned because they aren’t playing well at all.

Does that mean they can’t/won’t flip the switch?

Of course not. But, they clearly miss Bradley and Rondo and they added a couple mercurial locker room guys.

Back in March it looked like a near lock for the Lakers to get to the WCF. It isn’t anymore. Not even close.

They're also playing a lot of different combinations and Lebron and AD are only playing about 30-35 minutes game.

The Suns are undefeated in the bubble...you figure they're the favorites then?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well obviously there was something wrong with it, he got fined.

He got fined because of what he said re: Devin Booker...it was tampering. That's the only thing he got fined for. Had he not done that, there would be no fine.

Everything else he said was analysis which is what he was there to do.

Not sure how to make that any clearer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're also playing a lot of different combinations and Lebron and AD are only playing about 30-35 minutes game.

Lebron avg more than 35 mpg? Isnt that their normal minutes played? As i said last night if they don't acknowledge that they're not playing well and there are several things they need to improve on soon enough then they wont make it out round 2....that goes for the clippers and bucks as well

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got fined because of what he said re: Devin Booker...it was tampering. That's the only thing he got fined for. Had he not done that, there would be no fine.

Everything else he said was analysis which is what he was there to do.

Not sure how to make that any clearer.

we are saying the same thing, a current employee of the league can’t make comments about a players contract and who they work for.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron avg more than 35 mpg? Isnt that their normal minutes played?

You realize that he and AD will both play more minutes than that in the playoffs, right?

As i said last night if they don't acknowledge that they're not playing well and there are several things they need to improve on soon enough then they wont make it out round 2....that goes for the clippers and bucks as well

Yes, I'm sure none of those teams realize that they aren't playing well.

We are winding down to the end of the season. The teams that have their playoff spots more or less locked up, are starting to play their stars less and experiment with different guys on the floor together.

They're trying to make sure the guys who don't play a lot are in some kind of decent shape in case something happens and they're needed in the playoffs.

Just like those teams do every year as the season starts winding down.

You don't honestly think guys like Jared Dudley are going to be getting the minutes in the playoffs that they've been getting in the bubble do you?

If they are, something has gone very wrong.

A couple of those guys have probably played more minutes in the bubble than they have the entire previous 60 games.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are saying the same thing, a current employee of the league can’t make comments about a players contract and who they work for.

You were going off about everything he said. I'm saying it's the tampering that got him fined. Without that, there's no fine.

If you meant to say he can't talk about a player under contract like that, I agree. But that's not what you said and not what folks have been responding to.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were going off about everything he said. I'm saying it's the tampering that got him fined. Without that, there's no fine.

If you meant to say he can't talk about a player under contract like that, I agree. But that's not what you said and not what folks have been responding to.

All I heard he said was that booker had to get out of Phoemix and that is what I meant from the beginning. I don’t have enough respect for him to waste my time paying attention to everything he says.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard he said was that booker had to get out of Phoemix and that is what I meant from the beginning. I don’t have enough respect for him to waste my time paying attention to everything he says.

lol

Okay, yeah. I completely agree with that. Your original post made it sound like you thought he got fined for criticizing other teams.

What he said was just dumb. Especially given what Magic taught us all a couple of years ago.

But...Dray gonna Dray.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that but still think Whiteside can protect the pain much better

Whiteside has some things he does well.

But I said it back then and I will say it again. Wiggy wasn’t totally wrong about him. Mostly wrong, not totally.

He is a stat producer. But it also seems like teams get better once he leaves/gets benched.

I don’t think he is a bad player. But I also wouldn’t want him for more than 7-8 million a year. Just don’t think his production tends to help teams win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

Of course not.

But I am a lot less confident in the Lakers than I was 2 weeks ago.

I still have them firmly in the mix, but maybe not ahead of teams like Boston and maybe even Toronto.

Their road to Finals will potentially be really brutal too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault. You right. Lakers are playing amazing basketball.

Those guys are hitting on all cylinders. Man those roles players can't miss anything....My apologies for pointing out the obvious for anyone who actually watched their 6 games in the bubble. Guess I should have just assumed all the Lakers players are intentionally missing their shots. Come game 1 in front of their home fans, I'm sure they'll turn the light switch on and things will be back to normal like how it was back in March
Could switch Lakers with Cavs (and no bubble mention) and same was said when he was here...especially in 2018 and, yeah, I get no home fans now. while I agree maybe they are trying, you have to know they might not care as much about these games with #1 seed wrapped up as they might when they get to the playoffs

don't you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit, you can’t be bagging on other teams like that. He wouldn’t have been fined if he hadn’t said anything wrong. On of the more overrated douchbags to ever play the game.
Guess if anyone would know it's Green as he has been carried by all stars and HOFers his entire career.

Of course, one difference might be Booker can actually produce when he is the guy other teams want to stop.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think college football survives the week. Damn
Might be right....but a spring season sounds interesting if could actually be pulled off. Football in fall/early winter then again in spring? Wont complain about that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be right....but a spring season sounds interesting if could actually be pulled off. Football in fall/early winter then again in spring? Wont complain about that.

well I think it would be spring and then again in fall is how it will work, at best.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could switch Lakers with Cavs (and no bubble mention) and same was said when he was here...especially in 2018 and, yeah, I get no home fans now. while I agree maybe they are trying, you have to know they might not care as much about these games with #1 seed wrapped up as they might when they get to the playoffs

don't you?

I just don't think guys are intentionally missing shots