• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically guys wanted a break from the bubble. I get it but at the same time it's putting others at risk

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically guys wanted a break from the bubble. I get it but at the same time it's putting others at risk

They been there for like a week and a half.

LOL.

And now Lou has to quarantine by himself for 10 days. He is going to deeply regret that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying there is. But whether just immature or criminal, neither look good for the message that they are trying to convey.

I have yet to see any BLM leadership denounce any of it. When the rioting first started, there were BLM rank and file members trying to stop it and I saw black folks who may or may not be affiliated with BLM yelling at rioters to stop.

But I haven't even seen any of that in a couple of weeks.

As for Lou Williams, at the very least, it makes him a little harder to take seriously since it now looks like his reason for not wanting to go into the bubble is the apparent lack of strip club chicken wings.

You really need to stop making blanket statements like this. Who are you to decide what someone is "on board with"?

Also, many are questioning the NBA's credibility on social issues because their only comments on what goes on in China have been to go after the one person in the NBA who did speak up about China.

What Lou did doesn't help that credibility.

Lou Williams is not a social justice leader. I am sure he is passionate about it, but he is no leader.

It is becoming increasingly clear between this and comments he has made both in and leading up to the bubble that he doesn’t really want to be there. And that social justice was probably an excuse he was using.

So again, terrible look for Lou. And that is all it is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They been there for like a week and a half.

LOL.

And now Lou has to quarantine by himself for 10 days. He is going to deeply regret that.

Ultimately, it could cost them the title.

Not that 1 act by Lou necessarily, but I read the other day that the Clippers only had something like 10 guys in the bubble and available.

This was a team that some were wondering about not having enough time on the floor together before the shutdown.

Then the shutdown happens...now we have them in the bubble, they still don't have everyone together and now Lou can't practice with them for 10 days and will miss the first 2-3 games.

I'm curious what his teammates think about it. I can't imagine they're too happy with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Williams is not a social justice leader. I am sure he is passionate about it, but he is no leader.

If he's speaking out, he's leading in some respect.

He may not be one of the BLM leaders and he may not be one of the leading voices in the NBA like Lebron...but he's a well known and fairly popular player and if he's speaking out, there are people listening and following his lead.

I do agree though, that between his prior statements and now this, it seems more like he doesn't really want to be there and social justice was an excuse.

Kind of an "I don't wanna do this, so I'm gonna throw in with Kyrie and see if we can just cancel the season. But if we can't, then I guess I'll play".

I wonder how this effects the Clippers? Even with him being as good as he is and as important as he is, they might almost be better off if he just stayed way. I doubt anyone would have had an issue if he did. Some may have an issue with this.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comment about Black Live Matter being painted on the court.

I've seen some folks, not here so much (other than l23j) having an issue with it.

Admittedly, I wondered a little about how it would look myself.

I thought the NBA did a great job. It's not so big that it dominates the court or takes away from the game in any way, but still big enough to be seen.

Imo, if folks have an issue with it, they're just looking to have an issue.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all about how things are handled once the game starts. It it’s a sporting event I’ll watch, if it’s not I won’t.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder were down 24 midway through the 3rd today and went on a 38-11 run to win, and that is a scrimmage game. Sound like a team anyone wants to play?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all about how things are handled once the game starts. It it’s a sporting event I’ll watch, if it’s not I won’t.

So far, so good, imo.

Obviously, these are exhibition games on NBATV so not a ton of eyes on them just yet.

I'm sure there will be some statements, etc. and of course, most will have a slogan instead of their name on their jerseys.

They'll also make a statement or 2 in interviews before and after the game.

But I think that once the ball is tipped, it will be the same games we're used to seeing, just in Orlando with no fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good, imo.

Obviously, these are exhibition games on NBATV so not a ton of eyes on them just yet.

I'm sure there will be some statements, etc. and of course, most will have a slogan instead of their name on their jerseys.

They'll also make a statement or 2 in interviews before and after the game.

But I think that once the ball is tipped, it will be the same games we're used to seeing, just in Orlando with no fans.

Yup I see no reason to think otherwise

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how the NBA will be but baseball has been all about the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the NBA will be but baseball has been all about the game.

The WNBA made the most "dramatic" move with teams leaving the floor during the anthem.

But once they started playing, it was about the game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WNBA made the most "dramatic" move with teams leaving the floor during the anthem.

But once they started playing, it was about the game.

I haven't criticized the kneeling but leaving the court is not ok

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like them leaving the court, I'd prefer they stay in the locker room until the anthem is over.

That goes for all sports.

They left before the anthem so i don't have a problem with it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't criticized the kneeling but leaving the court is not ok

What's wrong with leaving the court BEFORE the anthem?

People cry about players kneeling and now leaving the court before the anthem is a problem too?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with leaving the court BEFORE the anthem?

People cry about players kneeling and now leaving the court before the anthem is a problem too?

I've never had an issue with the kneeling. I do think coming out to the court and then making a spectacle of leaving before the anthem is disrespectful. Stay in the locker room then. Means you don't get shootaround I guess.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had an issue with the kneeling. I do think coming out to the court and then making a spectacle of leaving before the anthem is disrespectful. Stay in the locker room then. Means you don't get shootaround I guess.

There are no fans there. They're not supposed to go through shootaround/normal pregame routine if they want to protest the anthem ? That's silly. You're acting like they came on the court, did nothing and walked off right before the anthem was played

There is nothing wrong with going through shootaround then leaving the court afterwards before the anthem is played.

Calling it a spectacle because they wanted to go through shootaround as they do before every single game is silly