• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are far and away the best team in MLB on paper, but they have a tendency of coming up small in the playoffs.

Also, they have the depth to absorb Price sitting out, but they still need to find a reliable bullpen arm or 2 beyond Kenley.

Yeah, the bullpen has been their kryptonite. I think part of the problem is overuse. I love Dave Roberts as the manager, but he goes to the bullpen too often, imo.

A starting pitcher will be cruising along and Roberts will often pull him after the 5th inning. Imo, the goal every game should be for the starter to go at least 7 innings, then bring in the set up man and then Kenley.

I think he's a big part of why the MLB made the rule change about how long relievers have to stay in. Some games, Roberts was at the mound so often, you'd think he was pitching. lol

Another part of the problem was they haven't had a legit leadoff hitter since probably Brett Butler. Not having a legit lead off batter makes it tough to manufacture runs. It's why they've had to rely on home runs and big innings for much of their success.

That works fine in the regular season. 7 straight NL West titles speaks to that.

But not as well in the playoffs. 0 World Series titles in those 7 years speaks to that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herro and KO been the best 2 Heat players today

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pictures of him at a strip club in Atlanta on Thursday was posted

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard that previous post....Just saw he's back in the bubble

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like Lou are the people who can destroy the NBA season. Very selfish if you ask me.

For being dumb, the league shouldn't allow him in the bubble until next weekend then mandate a 2 week quarantine

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like Lou are the people who can destroy the NBA season. Very selfish if you ask me.

For being dumb, the league shouldn't allow him in the bubble until next weekend then mandate a 2 week quarantine

It's hilarious. But at the same time, I sorta feel like they should make an example of him at not let him back in period. Alex Caruso skipped his sister's wedding to keep the sanctity of the bubble in tact while Lou decided he wanted to go to the strip club. The whole point of the bubble is to keep people out. Can't do that with dancers in your lap.

Also, fuck Lou Williams. Two months ago he was out here saying playing basketball would be a distraction to the important social justice issues going on in the country. Now his dumbass is out here going to the strip club.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and this does no good for the social justice cause either, not a bit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest, with Harden around it was just a matter of time until a strip club came up with the bubble.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks got a defensive playmaker....as busy Wed-Fri as I was......so fuck off to any bitches who have am issue with me being a tad late.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this does no good for the social justice cause either, not a bit.

See though. This line of thinking is a problem.

People take examples of bad behavior and project them onto the entire movement. This is a relatively mild example, but still.

Yes, Lou Williams is concerned about social justice. Yes, he is also an immature jerk who made a really poor choice. But I fail to see what this has anything to do with social justice.

Just like looters and rioters do not represent the message of BLM. Nor do white supremacist hate groups represent the majority of right wing thought.

Bad behavior of a few should not hurt the message at all. If it does, then the people claiming that don’t believe it anyway and we’re looking for a reason to jump off or to criticize it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See though. This line of thinking is a problem.

People take examples of bad behavior and project them onto the entire movement. This is a relatively mild example, but still.

Yes, Lou Williams is concerned about social justice. Yes, he is also an immature jerk who made a really poor choice. But I fail to see what this has anything to do with social justice.

Just like looters and rioters do not represent the message of BLM. Nor do white supremacist hate groups represent the majority of right wing thought.

Bad behavior of a few should not hurt the message at all. If it does, then the people claiming that don’t believe it anyway and we’re looking for a reason to jump off or to criticize it.

we all have our opinions I guess.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious. But at the same time, I sorta feel like they should make an example of him at not let him back in period. Alex Caruso skipped his sister's wedding to keep the sanctity of the bubble in tact while Lou decided he wanted to go to the strip club. The whole point of the bubble is to keep people out. Can't do that with dancers in your lap.

Also, fuck Lou Williams. Two months ago he was out here saying playing basketball would be a distraction to the important social justice issues going on in the country. Now his dumbass is out here going to the strip club.

Ding ding ding