• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate what you are saying, we just disagree about risk levels. Believe me I read a great deal on this topic for my job and to know more, I know the facts. I promise you I am in no danger, I'm taking all reasonable precautions.
Would say I'm in no danger, but also taking reasonable precautions (probably even some unreasonable ones). Wouldn't go to a restaurant yet but if there was no takeout available I might.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would say I'm in no danger, but also taking reasonable precautions (probably even some unreasonable ones). Wouldn't go to a restaurant yet but if there was no takeout available I might.

Even before everything changed I rarely ate out. But I'm with you, wouldn't go to a restaurant right now.

Gotta pizza last week for the first time in 4 or 5 months. It was awful. And at one time I liked this places pizza.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen anything about the draft, free agency?

I just think it's a recipe for disaster to do the draft like the NFL.

It can be a fools errand to judge guys based on tape.

I mean, it can go both ways.

Remember how great Thon Maker looked on tape?

Would the Lakers have taken Kobe had he not come to the facility and given Cooper the biiiiiiiiizzzzzzzznnnnnneeeeessssss?
Not ideal, but everyone playing by same rules. Can only put it off so long I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before everything changed I rarely ate out. But I'm with you, wouldn't go to a restaurant right now.

Gotta pizza last week for the first time in 4 or 5 months. It was awful. And at one time I liked this places pizza.
Did you or @Shanemansj13 get to see the OSU/Miami game on ESPN last night. Loved seeing the players views/tweets during the game. wish they had the players talking the entire time.

would love to have heard Gamble point out, "see, if refs got that call right (when he was ruled out even though he had both feet in) we never even get to OT...which means no one could have complained about the correct PI call"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you or @Shanemansj13 get to see the OSU/Miami game on ESPN last night. Loved seeing the players views/tweets during the game. wish they had the players talking the entire time.

would love to have heard Gamble point out, "see, if refs got that call right (when he was ruled out even though he had both feet in) we never even get to OT...which means no one could have complained about the correct PI call"

I watched a little bit of it. I actually have the DVD.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get what you are saying and I probably do worry more than I should about some things. I'll wash my hands after handling the newspaper (might even put it away a couple days before readong in some cases), a package, etc. and, yes, some packages are delivered overnight. But does seem like many are taking 2-3 days (or even a lot longer depending what it is and from where). If it takes that long, package should be safe.....but, sure, if I can get the same thing from an area that had less infections/death then why wouldn't I? But I wouldn't avoid those areas and cross off the list.
I don't know what it's like in other States.

But, we have 6 Amazon warehouses in a 100 mile range.

I get everything not from the East Coast in 2 days.

California 1 day.

Arizona same day.

Everyone can do as they please.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I gotta go back to Disney Plus for the week.

I just can't watch another police station burn...

Another pro-law enforcement sheep try to justify this excessive, abusive , unnecessary MURDER.

Another pro-protest Jack ass justify the violence in Floyds name.

AL Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Donald Trump, Ann Coulter....

This is Fucking HORRIBLE and I can't avoid the carnage online, TV....there are no safe places.

Well, outside Disney Plus.

Folks, stay safe.

I'm unplugging for awhile.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca can't take being online anymore (for now), dtgold still doesn't get why he's an asshole, basically the usual
Maybe you missed where I also said I realize I can be an asshole?

so I guess add msg cannot follow a thread while looking for an argument that might not even be there?

And...damn....still no live sports that anyone really cares about.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dustin Fox is a host of a radio show here and he had Cie Grant on today discussing the game. Good stuff.

That's cool. One thing I miss is the local sports coverage back home. Out here it's Broncos-Broncos-Broncos. Some of the diehard fans are already hailing Drew Lock as the next great thing. He's off to a 4-1 start in his career. Whoop-de-do. These are the same homeristic yo-yo's that said Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch & Trevor Siemian would all be good QB's. I tried telling them as a Browns fan unfortunately I know what a bad QB looks like. They don't listen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. One thing I miss is the local sports coverage back home. Out here it's Broncos-Broncos-Broncos. Some of the diehard fans are already hailing Drew Lock as the next great thing. He's off to a 4-1 start in his career. Whoop-de-do. These are the same homeristic yo-yo's that said Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch & Trevor Siemian would all be good QB's. I tried telling them as a Browns fan unfortunately I know what a bad QB looks like. They don't listen.
Cannot say I saw much of Lock last year but definitely never bought any of the Osweiler hype. Was great he could be used to get us the pick that turned into Nick Chubb, though.

so he's got that going for him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca can't take being online anymore (for now), dtgold still doesn't get why he's an asshole, basically the usual

All we need is wiggy to return to tell us why LeBron's skills will somehow magically vanish overnight. You know his legacy is ruined because he couldn't get an injured Lakers squad to the playoffs last year don't you? #wiggylogic

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you missed where I also said I realize I can be an asshole?

so I guess add msg cannot follow a thread while looking for an argument that might not even be there?

And...damn....still no live sports that anyone really cares about.
You know your stuff doesn't work on me, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I saw much of Lock last year but definitely never bought any of the Osweiler hype. Was great he could be used to get us the pick that turned into Nick Chubb, though.

so he's got that going for him.

From the small amount of games he played (5) he looked good. But you don't crown a QB that's yet to start even a half a season. I think they have something in Luck. But I've never been good at guessing what players are going to do throughout their careers. Example- I thought Paxton Lynch was a good pick. Whoops.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the small amount of games he played (5) he looked good. But you don't crown a QB that's yet to start even a half a season. I think they have something in Luck. But I've never been good at guessing what players are going to do throughout their careers. Example- I thought Paxton Lynch was a good pick. Whoops.
Other than a certain someone who knows someone who is never wrong I agree...especially tough to gauge a QB and what he'll do from college to pros.

Will say I always get concerned for the QB if his best attribute is either big or big arm.