• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Season predictions

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no better package for Beal the Wizards can possibly hope for, other than getting rid of Wall's contract.

Beal ain't staying there and the Wizards know it.

So the problem with the Wizards is they have Wall, but in order for a team to take Beal, they have to take Wall with him. Seems legit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal is an UFA after next season... if he is traded around the deadline, that's only a year and a half of his services guaranteed... it'll be interesting to see what kind of package lands him.

Anywho... I believe the plan is to play Jayson Tatum as more of a front-court guy...

... Center would still be the weak(est) spot, along with depth... but if you're gonna have a weak spot in today's NBA, it might as well be Center.

Yeah. I assumed they would be playing Tatum and Hayward at the 3. But neither is super well suited to play the 4. They could do it in a pinch but if they logged meaningful minutes at the 4, they are going to get worn down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will... They most probably make it to the playoffs this season.

I can't count 8 more West teams that will beat them this season... The Kings may have a chance to finish a seed above, but even if this happens, Jazz, Nuggets, Clippers, Blazers Rockets and GSW are only six more...

I can't see the Spurs ranking above, therefore it should be a run between the Lakers, the Kings and the Spurs for two spots... Maybe even 3 spots for four teams if GSW also joins the group fighting for one of the low playoff seeds.

giphy.gif

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I assumed they would be playing Tatum and Hayward at the 3. But neither is super well suited to play the 4. They could do it in a pinch but if they logged meaningful minutes at the 4, they are going to get worn down.
I can't really argue with you there.

Such a C's team would definitely be one that would have to out-offense the opposition... (and damned if such a team couldn't do exactly that a lot of the time)

It'd be a fun experiment... but I don't see a chance at a ring without another move as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the problem with the Wizards is they have Wall, but in order for a team to take Beal, they have to take Wall with him. Seems legit.

No problem. First you need to find a team that has about 60 million in salary they can trade that also wants to take on Wall's albatross of a contract so they can have Beal for a season and a half.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. First you need to find a team that has about 60 million in salary they can trade that also wants to take on Wall's albatross of a contract so they can have Beal for a season and a half.

No problem for the Raptors to either trade 60M, or "eat" Wall's contract... In fact, it would turn to be a win-win situation for both the Wizards and the Raps this season, especially if it can happen early in the season.

Ibaka + Lowery + Powell for Wall + Beal... Almost perfect for both teams...

Raps start VanVleet, Beal, Anunoby, Siakam, Gazol and hope to have Wall back for the payoffs... Wizards add Lowry, Powell and Ibaka and make it to the playoffs... win-win for both.

Raps have only 29M in their books for next season, no problem for them eating Wall's contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem for the Raptors to either trade 60M, or "eat" Wall's contract... In fact, it would turn to be a win-win situation for both the Wizards and the Raps this season, especially if it can happen early in the season.

Raps start VanVleet, Beal, Anunoby, Siakam, Gazol and hope to have Wall back for the payoffs... Wizards add Lowry, Powell and Ibaka and make it to the playoffs... win-win for both.

Raps have only 29M in their books for next season, no problem for them eating Wall's contract.

"No problem"

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is titled "why you should watch the Bucks this season":

Why You Should Watch the Milwaukee Bucks

My advise would be different... "if you are a fan of another team, don't watch the Bucks this season... Especially don't watch the games that your team will have against the Bucks"!!!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets come out of the east

Lakers lose in the 1st round

GS misses the playoffs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in their right mind would take that. It's a two team race imo.

I mean the Celtics could surprise.
If Kyrie can hold down the fort and KD somehow return that gives the Nets a chance.
Other than that, I don't give any other team much of a chance other than the Bucks or Sixers.
Obviously Shaqdaddy would take the bet

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries derail the Lakers season as they fail to make the playoffs.

The FIBA hangover halts further development of Tatum and Brown. Coupled with relying on Enes Kanter for defense, the Celtics struggle and are disposed of in the first round.

Utah takes best record. Loses in the 2nd round to Houston.

Markelle Fultz wins Most Improved Player. Orlando grabs the 3rd seed in the East.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are saving o

we are saving our cap space for Giannis

Not John Fucking Wall

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps being underrated again

top 3 in the East and a threat to go to the Finals if all stay healthy

Siakam goes into all star mode and OG becomes this years MIP

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would love to see that happen. I'd also love to wake up a billionaire tomorrow morning.

Neither seem likely.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see almost all of this happening except the part about being a threat for the finals.