• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karllson IMO is a bit over rated. I would like to di some kind a trade qith maybe our pick and a prospect for somebody that makes us go " Hell Yea!" For me that isn't Karllson.

All comes down to the contracts. I think he's a bit overrated too, but if you can get him for 3 years 9M per, I'd likely do that over a trade where they have to give up pick(s)/prospect(s) to get someone.

In that comparable, the guy you get in a trade doesn't just have to be better than Karlsson, he has to be better than Karlsson and whatever you gave up in the trade. That's going to be pretty hard to find in a trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about Trouba as a trade target, but I just can't see Winnipeg doing that. He's 2nd on the team in TOI and 4th on the team in points (1st among dmen). Plus he's right handed. Sure he's going to cost an arm and a leg, but IMO he's one of their most important players and they have to sign him. I see Winnipeg moving Laine or Connor before Trouba.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about Trouba as a trade target, but I just can't see Winnipeg doing that. He's 2nd on the team in TOI and 4th on the team in points (1st among dmen). Plus he's right handed. Sure he's going to cost an arm and a leg, but IMO he's one of their most important players and they have to sign him. I see Winnipeg moving Laine or Connor before Trouba.

I guess there's this. And if this drives Winnipeg to move him I would certainly be interested.

Face it: Trouba doesn't want to return

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we have to give up for Trouba and Laine? Is it even possible to get both

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we have to give up for Trouba and Laine? Is it even possible to get both

I would think it'd have to be major. Gotta figure Winnipeg, somewhat in win-now mode, isn't going to move a top pair dman and a guy with the potential to be a 50 goal scorer, for future assets. It gets pretty complicated because they're both RFA, so it depends on what their contracts are, but if they're signed for relatively market price I would think you'd be looking at a 'you pick two' from Giroux/Voracek/Couturier/Provorov/Sanheim. I'd assume the Jets would want a F and a D. Depending on the combo you'd probably have to sweet even further (ie Voracek+Sanheim would probably need more)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think it'd have to be major. Gotta figure Winnipeg, somewhat in win-now mode, isn't going to move a top pair dman and a guy with the potential to be a 50 goal scorer, for future assets. It gets pretty complicated because they're both RFA, so it depends on what their contracts are, but if they're signed for relatively market price I would think you'd be looking at a 'you pick two' from Giroux/Voracek/Couturier/Provorov/Sanheim. I'd assume the Jets would want a F and a D. Depending on the combo you'd probably have to sweet even further (ie Voracek+Sanheim would probably need more)
Well we have to see what we do. We may make some changes this summer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Craig "Chief" Berube and Brayden Schenn for making it into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 games at the under 18 world championships Cole Caufield has 9 goals 2 assists for 11 points and plus 7 and Hughes has 5 goals 5 assists for 10 points and plus 5

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Stanley cup predictions are still eligible until tomorrow night.

I have Boston vs St Louis hopefully Boston could pull out a game 7 at home.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Stanley cup predictions are still eligible until tomorrow night.

I have Boston vs St Louis hopefully Boston could pull out a game 7 at home.
Well I think Boston might not want to look past the Leafs first lol. But it should be a brutal game.