• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Hart will always be looking over his shoulder if we keep Elliot.

I don't know that Talbot (assuming he's re-signed instead) changes that aspect of it too much. But I don't think Hart will be looking over his shoulder much. People have seen what he's capable of now and I think everyone in the organization knows he's the guy.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping O'Brien can have a similar year to what Farabee had this season at Boston, next year. I didn't know anything about him before the draft, but the more I read about him the more I liked and he impressed at the Summer Showcase. So hopefully it was just an unlucky injury year and he can really start contributing at Providence next season.
Whats the word on Farabee and Frost? Will we see either one next season?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the word on Farabee and Frost? Will we see either one next season?

I doubt it to start the season. With all the posturing the organization has done since firing Hextall, I can't imagine they go in to next year relying on one or both of them to make the team.

Ideally, in some combination you have:

Giroux-Couturier-JvR
Lindblom-???-Voracek
??? - Patrick - Konecny
Hartman-Laughton-Raffl

I expect those ??? will be filled by UFA's or trades. Later in the year if someone goes down, I think we might see Frost or Farabee. My money is probably on Farabee even though he's younger. All the talk with Frost is about needing to improve the pace he plays with, I think it will take some time for him to adjust to the AHL, then NHL, to get that pace down.

I'd really like to see one or both of them blow the doors off the AHL for a bit though. Even with guys like Konecny and Provorov, they 'forced' their way on to the team, but they were mostly bumping scrubs to the press box. I think Fletcher makes sure if Frost/Farabee play games it's because they were lighting the AHL on fire and someone was slumping in the NHL.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it to start the season. With all the posturing the organization has done since firing Hextall, I can't imagine they go in to next year relying on one or both of them to make the team.

Giroux-Couturier-JvR
Lindblom-???-Voracek
??? - Patrick - Konecny
Hartman-Laughton-Raffl

I expect those ??? will be filled by UFA's or trades. Later in the year if someone goes down, I think we might see Frost or Farabee. My money is probably on Farabee even though he's younger. All the talk with Frost is about needing to improve the pace he plays with, I think it will take some time for him to adjust to the AHL, then NHL, to get that pace down.

I'd really like to see one or both of them blow the doors off the AHL for a bit though. Even with guys like Konecny and Provorov, they 'forced' their way on to the team, but they were mostly bumping scrubs to the press box. I think Fletcher makes sure if Frost/Farabee play games it's because they were lighting the AHL on fire and someone was slumping in the NHL.
Well Gordon seems to have a good way with these youngsters so hopefully he van bring them along and have them ready for when needed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux-Couturier-JvR
Lindblom-???-Voracek
??? - Patrick - Konecny
Hartman-Laughton-Raffl

JVR on the right wing?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just throwin em down there haha, i'm sure he'll be on the left.
He can fill in the question marks where you have the third line left wing. We then should be signing a top flight player to play on our first line with Gee and Couts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can fill in the question marks where you have the third line left wing. We then should be signing a top flight player to play on our first line with Gee and Couts.

I'd be ecstatic with that. I'd prioritize a C, but any top flight players are good by me.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some contract projections based on a lot of math, stats, and comparables.

Flyers RFAs
Provorov - 6.46M x 6 years
Hartman - 3.8M x 6 years
Konecny - 3.57M x 2 years
Sanheim - 2.85M x 2 years
Laughton - 1.88M x 2 years

Big Name UFAs
Panarin - 11.2M x 8 years (Flyers can only offer 7 if i'm not mistaken)
Karlsson - 9M x 7 years
Skinner - 8.3M x 5 years
Pavelski - 7M x 3 years
Duchene - 6.9M x 6 years
Gardiner - 6.7M x 7 years
Myers - 6.2M x 7 years
Eberle - 6.2M x 7 years
Nyquist - 6.1M x 6 years
Zuccarello - 5.9M x 4 years
Hayes - 5.6M x 4 years
Simmonds - 4.8M x 5 years

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some contract projections based on a lot of math, stats, and comparables.

Flyers RFAs
Provorov - 6.46M x 6 years
Hartman - 3.8M x 6 years
Konecny - 3.57M x 2 years
Sanheim - 2.85M x 2 years
Laughton - 1.88M x 2 years

Big Name UFAs
Panarin - 11.2M x 8 years (Flyers can only offer 7 if i'm not mistaken)
Karlsson - 9M x 7 years
Skinner - 8.3M x 5 years
Pavelski - 7M x 3 years
Duchene - 6.9M x 6 years
Gardiner - 6.7M x 7 years
Myers - 6.2M x 7 years
Eberle - 6.2M x 7 years
Nyquist - 6.1M x 6 years
Zuccarello - 5.9M x 4 years
Hayes - 5.6M x 4 years
Simmonds - 4.8M x 5 years
Thats a lot of money and years for Hartman.
I like the money but not the years for Sanheim.
Laughton yes
Skinnner yes yes yes
Duchene yes
Hayes yes

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping O'Brien can have a similar year to what Farabee had this season at Boston, next year. I didn't know anything about him before the draft, but the more I read about him the more I liked and he impressed at the Summer Showcase. So hopefully it was just an unlucky injury year and he can really start contributing at Providence next season.

Eek. Meltz just re-tweeted O'Brien is in the 'transfer portal'. Word is he's going to the BCHL next season. Juniors in Canada, step down from the OHL/QMJHL/WHL.

Can't say that looks good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a lot of money and years for Hartman.
I like the money but not the years for Sanheim.
Laughton yes
Skinnner yes yes yes
Duchene yes
Hayes yes

Hartman's projection is crazy IMO. No way he gets that. I could see like 2 years 3M.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eek. Meltz just re-tweeted O'Brien is in the 'transfer portal'. Word is he's going to the BCHL next season. Juniors in Canada, step down from the OHL/QMJHL/WHL.

Can't say that looks good.
Hes still only 19 so we have that going for us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes still only 19 so we have that going for us.

Yep, reading through the details, apparently he preserves his NCAA eligibility in the BCHL, whereas the OHL/WHL/QMJHL he would not have. Could be a Providence --> BCHL --> different NCAA team path for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oo baby. That'll catch Vegas up on the pains of being a hockey fan.