• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on one of the games last night.

Since 1994 every team that has won the Stanley cup had at least 1 player on that team who had previously won a cup.

That is pretty nuts. I was thinking about that too. The Flyers don't really even have anyone who has been deep. Giroux is the only one left from the Cup Final run. The number is probably pretty small on playoff series wins. Giroux, Couturier, Gudas, MacDonald, Voracek, Raffl..

I don't want to sign someone who sucks just to fill the role, but I definitely wouldn't hate adding someone who has at least gone deep.

I'm sure Williams has had a big influence on the Canes this season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bacon,
How about your Avs picking up Makar the Hobey Baker award winner and throw him right into playoff competition and he scores a goal.
That was pretty cool. Kid looked like he belonged in the nhl. The Av's may be a strong team for years if they get a solid goalie.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers hire veteran coach Vigneault

In the comment section there is not one positive comment on the hiring of Vignault. One of them suggests we panicked when we didn't get Q. Do you think that is true?
There are a lot of stupid fucks who don't know shit. Dude is a proven winner, great with youth developement and a good all around x"s and 0's game. We'll see next season if he is a good fit, but realistically who else is out there with his pedigree?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked TB not only lost the series, but swept. Yzerman has to be on fire! Unreal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of stupid fucks who don't know shit. Dude is a proven winner, great with youth developement and a good all around x"s and 0's game. We'll see next season if he is a good fit, but realistically who else is out there with his pedigree?
He does have a great x's and o's game. Is a proven regular season winner and somewhat in the playoffs because he has been to two cups. Although he is very bad at developing talent. There is nobody out there with his pedigree that's why i am questioning the comment that said did we panic after losing out on Q.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked TB not only lost the series, but swept. Yzerman has to be on fire! Unreal.
I guess the moves that Columbus made are paying off now but going forward they are screwed. Good luck to them they played a great series.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have a great x's and o's game. Is a proven regular season winner and somewhat in the playoffs because he has been to two cups. Although he is very bad at developing talent. There is nobody out there with his pedigree that's why i am questioning the comment that said did we panic after losing out on Q.
I don't think Fletcher panicked honestly. There is no doubt Q was his first choice obviously, but AV has a pretty good track record, despite what the Rags beat writers are saying. Are you surprised? Vancouver beat writers have pretty much said opposite. The bottom line is if Fletcher brings in the key pieces needed, we will do well with AV. His success also had stud goaltenders ( Lunquist, Luongo), we have Carter Hart.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fletcher panicked honestly. There is no doubt Q was his first choice obviously, but AV has a pretty good track record, despite what the Rags beat writers are saying. Are you surprised? Vancouver beat writers have pretty much said opposite. The bottom line is if Fletcher brings in the key pieces needed, we will do well with AV. His success also had stud goaltenders ( Lunquist, Luongo), we have Carter Hart.

I didnt base my question on the NY beat writers i found articles that were quoting Rags management as saying he isn't good in developing players not to mention countless Rags fans i know letting me know it was a bad choice because we are so young.I havent found any articles from Vancouver beat writers stating that he is good at developing young talent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty nuts. I was thinking about that too. The Flyers don't really even have anyone who has been deep. Giroux is the only one left from the Cup Final run. The number is probably pretty small on playoff series wins. Giroux, Couturier, Gudas, MacDonald, Voracek, Raffl..

I don't want to sign someone who sucks just to fill the role, but I definitely wouldn't hate adding someone who has at least gone deep.

I'm sure Williams has had a big influence on the Canes this season.
But we have the great Andrew McDonald to be our veteran presence. Well like Bacon said maybe we have 25 guys with a cup next season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt base my question on the NY beat writers i found articles that were quoting Rags management as saying he isn't good in developing players not to mention countless Rags fans i know letting me know it was a bad choice because we are so young.I havent found any articles from Vancouver beat writers stating that he is good at developing young talent.
Who knows these days. People see things certain ways anymore and objectification is a myth in reporting. I like the hire, it def isn't a move backwards IMO. We have the Goalie now so excuses for players not getting it done wont fly this season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the fact you are talking to Rags fans is highly disappointing, I thought you had better sense than that lol.:sly: