• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 Playoffs

After two games goalie Mike Smith has 1 point with an assist in game 1

After three games Sydney Crosby has 0 points

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'insiders' seem to think Panarin is going to Florida. Obviously can't guarantee that, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't based on the reports. I don't even really consider him an option at this point.

BUT, if he were, and the Flyers were able to do as you suggest, yes, they'd be better with Karlsson, Panarin, and Kaako.
Everyone here keeps saying how young and talented and deep we are and with a ton of cap space. We are also set in net, why would anyone choose another team over ours?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could've only won the season series against like 10 more teams we may have gotten the opportunity to play in the playoffs.
Your comment was you wish we were more like them, I figured were pretty close if we matched up that good against them. They just have better D right now IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment was you wish we were more like them, I figured were pretty close if we matched up that good against them. They just have better D right now IMO.

They had 107 points and we had 82. Id have to say that defense is not the only thing they do better than us. The widest gap between us and them is they dont play hockey like a bunch of pusses IMO

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here keeps saying how young and talented and deep we are and with a ton of cap space. We are also set in net, why would anyone choose another team over ours?

There's tons of things. Think about if you were given the choice of 10-15 places to work and all of them were going to pay you millions of dollars. How would you make your decision? I'm going to guess it wouldn't be all about picking the biggest company.

The word on Panarin is he wants to go to a 'big city' with a big party scene, live the 'hollywood' type life style. So, NY, LA, or Miami basically.

Plus Florida has no state income tax, so the Panthers could get away with spending less cap room while still offering Panarin more take home money.

Or maybe he likes playing for Q and wants to do it more (though he was rumored to be Florida-bound before that).

Or maybe he has more faith in Tallon running the organization than he does Fletcher. Or maybe he thinks the Panthers are in better shape than the Flyers. The Flyers can't match Ekblad on defense. Barkov is probably a notch better than Couturier; and who knows, maybe Barkov and Panarin are best buds from their Russian days. Huberdeau is another good talent. The Panthers are a good team, the only thing they might really be missing is goaltending and if Panarin has Bob convinced to go with him, then they're set.

Maybe Panarin thinks he can be THE guy in Florida and wants that, where he'd still be riding shotgun to Giroux in Philly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's tons of things. Think about if you were given the choice of 10-15 places to work and all of them were going to pay you millions of dollars. How would you make your decision? I'm going to guess it wouldn't be all about picking the biggest company.

The word on Panarin is he wants to go to a 'big city' with a big party scene, live the 'hollywood' type life style. So, NY, LA, or Miami basically.

Plus Florida has no state income tax, so the Panthers could get away with spending less cap room while still offering Panarin more take home money.

Or maybe he likes playing for Q and wants to do it more (though he was rumored to be Florida-bound before that).

Or maybe he has more faith in Tallon running the organization than he does Fletcher. Or maybe he thinks the Panthers are in better shape than the Flyers. The Flyers can't match Ekblad on defense. Barkov is probably a notch better than Couturier; and who knows, maybe Barkov and Panarin are best buds from their Russian days. Huberdeau is another good talent. The Panthers are a good team, the only thing they might really be missing is goaltending and if Panarin has Bob convinced to go with him, then they're set.

Maybe Panarin thinks he can be THE guy in Florida and wants that, where he'd still be riding shotgun to Giroux in Philly.

One guys decision on where to play hockey doesn't mean other organizations suck or have no future.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who knows, maybe the CBJ run continues and they make a deep run. That could change everything for all their FAs. If they come within one win of the cup, maybe they all decide to stay and try to make something of it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first part makes sense but if im a player i go to where i have a better chance to win a cup and it just seems the stars keep going to teams that have a better shot to win the cup.

Second part. Giroux is not better than Panarin Barkov or Couts so i dont know about riding shotgun.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates news on the coaching search?

Vigneault hired! Just now.

I wanted to post this morning that I felt like today was going to be the day, but talked myself out of it thinking maybe they'd wait til after the 1st round.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to post this morning that I felt like today was going to be the day, but talked myself out of it thinking maybe they'd wait til after the 1st round.
Omg lmao. I swear I had no idea this was happening. Look at the timing of when I posted my question and literally it just came across on my phone that Vigneult was hired. I'm the hire, I'm ok with it. Any word on Gordon from here?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im good with Vignault but all his years here he has a reputation of not being able to win the big ones. All these Rags fans say he is a great regular season coach but when it comes to the playoffs he often gets out coached. I hope he takes the first step and gets us there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg lmao. I swear I had no idea this was happening. Look at the timing of when I posted my question and literally it just came across on my phone that Vigneult was hired. I'm the hire, I'm ok with it. Any word on Gordon from here?
Maybe that's a sign of good things to come.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Vigneault. I wanted an established guy with a good track record, and he fits those bills. One of the major knocks on him is his skepticism of young guys, but as long as Fletcher does a good job it's not like he'll have a long list of shitty vets to play over them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yowza. LeBrun saying it's a $25M for 5 years deal. Not my money, so I don't really care, but that's a lot of coin! Probably means some security for him too.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy with this hire. Instant respect in the room. This is the kind of coach we need to take the next step